Tunes that may convert into good football anthems

Just heard this on radio 2 and I'm singing along making up my own words - I won't share as I'd get banned.

I don’t think there’s any chance of the matchday announcer at Ibrox playing that or anything other than the megamix from 1990 we have been plagued with at every home game for 31 years and counting complete with the speeded up version of every other Saturday completely ruined. My guess is he’s been told to play it and not to deviate which is bizarre but there can’t be any other explanation for it

Would be a good tune to play just as it is. ‘What a beautiful noise’ are great lyrics relating to the sound of Rangers fans on a match day.

I don’t think there’s any chance of the matchday announcer at Ibrox playing that or anything other than the megamix from 1990 we have been plagued with at every home game for 31 years and counting complete with the speeded up version of every other Saturday completely ruined. My guess is he’s been told to play it and not to deviate which is bizarre but there can’t be any other explanation for it

If we can stick to using words that are Rangers related then I don't see why not. The four lads and Every Saturday We Follow are played and are newish songs.

I have often wondered what “Marching Through Georgia” would sound like. I think there could be something in it.

I assume you are suggesting something like -

Hullo Hullo
We are the Rangers boys
Hullo Hullo
You'll know us by our noise
We are the Glasgow Rangers
We're loyal through and through
For We Are The People (they hate that)
Who cheer the boys in blue.

I’d rather listen to your Grandad singing than some of the crap the Ibrox match day announcer plays.
I’m starting to think the announcer might be George Bowie’s grandad , he plays equally as bad tunes and thinks the 90s Rangers megamix is still “ cool” :))

Most of the suggestions for songs on here come from tunes my Grandad would have listened to, and I'm 38 :))

And mine mate, and I'm 47 but it is a good tune nonetheless and reworded correctly could be a nice song to belt out.

You're 100% correct. Rangers seem to want "rousing" songs that we can all clap along with. The faster the better. Even when they are fast our fans want to speed them up even more.

As you rightly point out they've ruined Every Other Saturday by adding a beat when the best thing about it was the slow clap.

Its so frustrating.

Hullo Hullo
We are the Rangers boys
Hullo Hullo

Why not just sing the original Rangers' version? Get the words on the big screens when its being played before games.

The whole matchday experience must be organised by Liewell its that bad.

You're 100% correct. Rangers seem to want "rousing" songs that we can all clap along with. The faster the better. Even when they are fast our fans want to speed them up even more.

As you rightly point out they've ruined Every Other Saturday by adding a beat when the best thing about it was the slow clap.

Its so frustrating.
It’s actually impossible for a human being to keep up with the megamix version played at Ibrox. It gets so fast at the end you cannot decipher the words, literally blends into one “ ButIDonthavetotellyouthatthebestofallweloveToseetheRangerscore” :oops:

Soul destroyingly awful

It’s actually impossible for a human being to keep up with the megamix version played at Ibrox. It gets so fast at the end you cannot decipher the words, literally blends into one “ ButIDonthavetotellyouthatthebestofallweloveToseetheRangerscore” :oops:

Soul destroyingly awful

We're going the same way as a lot of fans of EPL clubs. The pathetic hyper fast and repetitive chants from them sound ridiculous. Eg Leedsleedsleeds or CitayCitayCitay. We've started doing this to some of our classics.

We're going the same way as a lot of fans of EPL clubs. The pathetic hyper fast and repetitive chants from them sound ridiculous. Eg Leedsleedsleeds or CitayCitayCitay. We've started doing this to some of our classics.
For us, I think it's a symptom of the HighPress mate ;)

Soul destroyingly awful
I agree mate, bonkers......

"I Wake Every Day it's a Daydream...."

Hullo Hullo
We are the Rangers boys
Hullo Hullo
Is that an Add-On ? ;)

I don't think it’d be too hard to tweak Somewhere Over The Rainbow and it‘d be slow enough for a crowd to belt it out.

Tin hat on.

Song for Borna, or even Goldson if he sorts his contract out. (Hey Connor)

Back