Club Vaccine Passport Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is this vaccine passport supposed to work? Are we getting an app or do we just need to request paper copy from NHS vacs site or what? Or is everyone gonna get a letter with vaccination proof?
I understand there will be an app but you can get a copy of the PDF on your phone.

The costs of this is a tax on Rangers for doing business in Scotland.

Perhaps the clubs should pass on the costs to the fans with a £2 a game levy and suggest they ask the government to recompense anyone who isn't happy paying.

I'm confused, hopefully someone can clarify.

I have downloaded the passport thing from this link https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19...-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

So what is the difference between this and the app that isn't being released in 3 days. Is what I've downloaded useless and I still need to go the process of getting this app they have yet to release?
That's what I'm wondering too mate. Thought I had it until I came on here. I used it to get in to Wimbledon in June.

I've just checked mine on my phone that updated last week. I'm double jabbed in England and on the QR code part for the domestic section it says "Valid in England" I don't think that used to be there
Aye, just looked on the link on post 20. For people vaccinated in Scotland, can see trouble ahead for us in England. As well as supporters in Northern Ireland and Wales etc.

And what about supporters that are not double vaccinated. Was being double vaccinated in the terms and conditions when season tickets were bought.

Looking forward to this statement, hope our club as everything covered.

I understand there will be an app but you can get a copy of the PDF on your phone.
No idea how it works in Scotland. I'm in Wales and we can't get the QR code displayed on our phones via an App like you can in England. However, we are able to ask for either a 2 day vaccination status certificate or one that's valid for 2 months. Both come via email almost instantaneously with the attachments in .pdf format. You can then screen grab them or just display the attachment on your phone. Or print them out if you choose. Maybe the Scottish App will go down the same route.

In fairness the Welsh one works well, though the process to register for the NHS App was a real ball-ache. Photo ID to be uploaded (took 4 attempts before they accepted one) and you had to record a video of you reciting something they displayed on screen. Nuts.

Last edited:
I've just checked mine on my phone that updated last week. I'm double jabbed in England and on the QR code part for the domestic section it says "Valid in England" I don't think that used to be there
It’s been there a wee while, I noticed it about 6 weeks ago.
Aye it’s definitely been there a number of weeks now.
I had word back from my local MP down here a couple of days ago via twitter.
She wants me to give her the full details of what the SNP are proposing. I’ll wait and see the detail from the club before emailing her as she has requested.
It may be that we are not discriminated against because of where we live even if we have had the same double vaccination. Time will tell.

I logged into my appointment portal last week and downloaded a copy of my certificate, there’s two QR codes on them now so I’d imagine there will be spot checks carried out where these may be scanned. Not a chance everyone can have theirs checked upon entry.

From Thursday (when the Scots NHS app is released) this will not be accepted apparently.

No idea how it works in Scotland. I'm in Wales and we can't get the QR code displayed on our phones via an App like you can in England. However, we are able to ask for either a 2 day vaccination status certificate or one that's valid for 2 months. Both come via email almost instantaneously with the attachments in .pdf format. You can then screen grab them or just display the attachment on your phone. Maybe the Scottish App will go down the same route.

In fairness the Welsh one works well, though the process to register for the NHS App was a real ball-ache. Photo ID to be uploaded (took 4 attempts before they accepted one) and you had to record a video of you reciting something they displayed on screen. Nuts.
Can see you having to pen a Covid Passport FAQ Bumper Thread.:D

Reading through this thread and am confused.
In simple terms how does this effect us Ulster bears travelling over on Sunday there is no vaccination passport over here.

From Thursday (when the Scots NHS app is released) this will not be accepted apparently.
There's so much speculation. Would help of could put links to anything concrete instead of "apparently".

Not wanting to come across as argumentative here just best to be clear on what's what.

The club has already expressed concerns, with supporters outside Scotland specifically referenced.

Hopefully common sense can prevail, but it's definitely a large can of worms.

There's so much speculation. Would help of could put links to anything concrete instead of "apparently".

Not wanting to come across as argumentative here just best to be clear on what's what.
The wisest thing is probably to wait until the Club put out the promised update. Hopefully later today if they had their meeting this morning.

I’m double jabbed, 2nd jab was in June, in England and I’m pretty sure the NHS app has always shown as “valid in England”. Planning on travelling up for a couple of games next month so I’m hoping this issue is sorted.

People who have had two vaccines in Scotland can already download or get a paper copy of a certificate with a QR code.
It is planned that people will be able to access an NHS Scotland Covid Status App from 30 September, which will show a QR code for each vaccination.
Those who cannot use the app will be able to request what the government describes as "a secure, un-editable" paper record. It will have enhanced security features such as thermodynamic ink to prevent forgery, and will also have a QR code.

Currently, anyone 16 or over can go online and download a PDF version of their vaccination status showing a unique QR code.
From 30 September, the NHS Scotland Covid Status App will be available, at which point the PDF function will be switched off.

Might be a good time to ask your MPs & MSPs how much has been spent on this Scottish Passport App. Reports over the weekend suggest that the UK is at an advanced stage of utilising the EU vaccine passport App. The Scottish version may never be activated! :oops:

FBS

A word of warning to those reliant on downloading the paper copy via a PDF. The QR codes generated on there expire the day after you've downloaded it. If stewards have a device to check the QR code, then make sure you download the PDF from NHS Scotland on the morning of the match and save it down to your phone. You'll be alright that way if asked for your papers.

Anyone downloading any Govt App is unknowingly ushering in Digital IDs and social credit scores.

You need to open your eyes to what is going on.

This isn't about health, this is about State coercion to take a vaccine most of us never needed so they can get in their Covid passports which will then evolve to digital IDs and social credit scores and the end of Western liberties and freedoms.

So how is this vaccine passport supposed to work? Are we getting an app or do we just need to request paper copy from NHS vacs site or what? Or is everyone gonna get a letter with vaccination proof?
its better to have it.
there might be other, non football occasions where it could be required in the future.
i needed one to get into wembley or no access.
did it on nhs scot web and got it two days by post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back