Club Vaccine Passport Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is.
But some folk just don't get the hypocrisy of all this rubbish.
A two tiered society unfolding right before they're eyes and their still on board with it.
Madness.
Aye but they can go to the game.

They don't go to clubs.

Whats the big deal.

Its not like the vaccine passport will be extended to mean that only those that have had boosters can access these places.

That's conspiracy talk

Where does this all sit from an information governance perspective? The public are being asked to show private medical information whether they have been vaccinated or are exempt.
That's right mate. When I used to turn up at the door of the Savvy back in the day the bouncers asked me if I was pished and how many pints I had. That was similar to whether you've had a jab. Wrong answer - out on yer arse. No difference. No problem.

What a surprise, the wee guy begging to get his head patted by Nicola sturgeon for being a good wee authoritarian and downloading his wee passport is desperate to see people with different opinions banned at first sight.

If COVID isn't mild why are you risking it at all by going to a game with 50,000 fellow spectators? why are you even going outside at all?

Or are you just one of these morons that actually thinks these rules make sense and that football players engaging in a physical 90 minute football match then have to socially distance from their own team mates in the dugout is sensible? Among many other rules that make absolutely fucking no sense such as being allowed in the stadium positive with COVID as long as you have a passport but being negative and locked out without one.
Parking to one side whether it's logical or not, what percentage of people going on Sunday do you think will care?

What a surprise, the wee guy begging to get his head patted by Nicola sturgeon for being a good wee authoritarian and downloading his wee passport is desperate to see people with different opinions banned at first sight.

If COVID isn't mild why are you risking it at all by going to a game with 50,000 fellow spectators? why are you even going outside at all?

Or are you just one of these morons that actually thinks these rules make sense and that football players engaging in a physical 90 minute football match then have to socially distance from their own team mates in the dugout is sensible? Among many other rules that make absolutely fucking no sense such as being allowed in the stadium positive with COVID as long as you have a passport but being negative and locked out without one.
He’s an absolute loser. If he’s so worried about other people being unvaccinated or whatever he should stay in the house.
Maybe one day hopefully all his electronic devices will malfunction and he’ll go away.

Any Fan willing to go along with this 'stupidity' really needs to think of why this is being brought in? It is NOT law, this is not been a requirement coming out of a lock down yet now must have a passport to get you into watch football?

The club should be standing firm along with every applicable club in Scotland and asking serious questions - why why why?

I logged into my appointment portal last week and downloaded a copy of my certificate, there’s two QR codes on them now so I’d imagine there will be spot checks carried out where these may be scanned. Not a chance everyone can have theirs checked upon entry.
I have done the same downloaded it to my phone

Pre-ops is tomorrow where we discuss.

it’s fair to say is not likely to be 100% checks as it’s acknowledged that this won’t be possible but this is also not something that the club can just pay lip service to as the club are legally obliged to take all reasonable action.

if anyone disagrees with the implementation of this then please contact your local MSP and have your voice heard.
It’s more if they refuse people and it turns into arguments.
i 100% know it’s not Rangers who are pushing this and are actively fighting against it.
I still have memories of the Kilmarnock game when folk were trying to get in and it got worse as you heard the teams coming out.
The closer to kick off and hearing the teams coming out ,that’s when the squashing started.

it’s fair to say is not likely to be 100% checks as it’s acknowledged that this won’t be possible but this is also not something that the club can just pay lip service to as the club are legally obliged to take all reasonable action.

if anyone disagrees with the implementation of this then please contact your local MSP and have your voice heard.
Can you confirm if the club will be issuing links to supporters who can't attend due to not meeting the 14 day deadline?

I’m in Wales and double vaccinated. QR code via the NHS website (can’t use the NHS England app in Wales). I’ve flights booked to head up for Sunday’s match v Hibs so will be complying with this vaccine passport nonsense to get into Ibrox. The SNP have a lot of explaining to do to help me understand why an event with more than 10k people has this requirement but others do not. I don’t blame Rangers for this, they are applying the law, it’s a government mess. And I think it’s pretty unworkable. I was at a Biffy Clyro concert recently at Cardiff Bay. Same entry requirement, but the stewards doing the COVID checks were hopelessly unable (or unwilling) to take the checks seriously. I could have shown them my Tesco Clubcard and got in, it was an absolute farce. I think it’ll be the same on Sunday but if the stewards are mandated to check everyone going in to Ibrox and refuse entry it will be absolute chaos at the turnstiles and I can see many people losing their temper. Especially if they turn up just before kick off expecting to saunter in at the last minute, as many do. I’ll be getting there early to avoid that.

I’m in Wales and double vaccinated. QR code via the NHS website (can’t use the NHS England app in Wales). I’ve flights booked to head up for Sunday’s match v Hibs so will be complying with this vaccine passport nonsense to get into Ibrox. The SNP have a lot of explaining to do to help me understand why an event with more than 10k people has this requirement but others do not. I don’t blame Rangers for this, they are applying the law, it’s a government mess. And I think it’s pretty unworkable. I was at a Biffy Clyro concert recently at Cardiff Bay. Same entry requirement, but the stewards doing the COVID checks were hopelessly unable (or unwilling) to take the checks seriously. I could have shown them my Tesco Clubcard and got in, it was an absolute farce. I think it’ll be the same on Sunday but if the stewards are mandated to check everyone going in to Ibrox and refuse entry it will be absolute chaos at the turnstiles and I can see many people losing their temper. Especially if they turn up just before kick off expecting to saunter in at the last minute, as many do. I’ll be getting there early to avoid that.
And that’s exactly what 80%+ of the crowd will do on Sunday - despite the ‘noise‘ from some on here. Most have no interest in ‘starting the revolution’, they just want to watch Rangers, many after having made a long journey to do so.

Doing so isn’t an indication of support for vaccine passports, nor a sign of someone living their lives in fear, nor even a welcoming of any impending subjugation of the people - it’s just a practical means of getting to see your team play a game of football.

Last edited:
And that’s exactly what 80%+ of the crowd will do on Sunday - despite the ‘noise‘ from some on here. Most have no interest in ‘starting the revolution’, they just want to watch Rangers, many after having made a long journey to do so.

Agreed. I’m no revolutionary :) so will comply to get in and see my team. But I do have sympathy for those who have chosen not to be vaccinated and will be denied entry (or may be denied entry, depending on how rigorously the checks are applied). I’m really not sure how effective denying unvaccinated people entry to events will be in actually controlling the spread of infection. The primary risk is to themselves really, not others, and that’s a choice they’ve made.

Doing so isn’t an indication of support for vaccine passports, nor a sign of someone living their lives in fear, nor even a welcoming of any impending subjugation of the people - it’s just a practical means of getting to see your team play a game of football.
Agreed. Always a lot of loudly opinionated folk on the Internet. Expect the overwhelming majority will simply show up and get in to the game fuss free.

Agreed. I’m no revolutionary :) so will comply to get in and see my team. But I do have sympathy for those who have chosen not to be vaccinated and will be denied entry (or may be denied entry, depending on how rigorously the checks are applied). I’m really not sure how effective denying unvaccinated people entry to events will be in actually controlling the spread of infection. The primary risk is to themselves really, not others, and that’s a choice they’ve made.
I doubt it will have any impact on the spread of the virus whatsoever. It’s a daft policy that will last a month or two - at most.

In practical terms though, the vast, vast majority simply want to see their team and, if you are double vaccinated like over 80% are, then it takes little effort to get the vaccine passport. That’s what most will do.

Anyone know any Stewards as they're the ones who will need to be briefed before Sunday's game. Stewards will be given lines to take for the different scenarios.

Expect it will be very light touch/it won't work initially.

I’ve tested positive the week after the old firm game.I was fine but had to isolate for 10 days.I need to wait 4 weeks after isolation ending to get my second jag and a further 2 weeks after that for a vaccine passport.

I miss games through work and I’ve got a good wee period coming up for games I can get to so Sod missing out due to the Scottish govt, I’ll be going up to any games I’m off work for on our supporters bus and will be trying to get in by hook or crook.

I’ve tested positive the week after the old firm game.I was fine but had to isolate for 10 days.I need to wait 4 weeks after isolation ending to get my second jag and a further 2 weeks after that for a vaccine passport.

I miss games through work and I’ve got a good wee period coming up for games I can get to so Sod missing out due to the Scottish govt, I’ll be going up to any games I’m off work for on our supporters bus and will be trying to get in by hook or crook.

Rightly so.

As I've said for a while, not everyone unvaccinated is someone who is against it yet these people are being punished.

I doubt it will have any impact on the spread of the virus whatsoever. It’s a daft policy that will last a month or two - at most.

In practical terms though, the vast, vast majority simply want to see their team and, if you are double vaccinated like over 80% are, then it takes little effort to get the vaccine passport. That’s what most will do.
This is exactly my take as well. It will be binned soon enough as it’s unworkable and will have zero effect.

But according to some the vast majority are arseholes for doing it and/or as bad as SNP supporters.
Ridiculous statements.

This is exactly my take as well. It will be binned soon enough as it’s unworkable and will have zero effect.

But according to some the vast majority are arseholes for doing it and/or as bad as SNP supporters.
Ridiculous statements.
Some of the emotive language used in this thread is bang out of order. Fans just want to see their team play football. Many spend thousands of pounds and travel hundreds of miles to do so, yet some want them to forego that to ‘take a stance’ against something that, for the overwhelming majority, takes a few minutes to obtain.

The place to protest is away from the Stadium.

The new app will be costing millions to get up and running. The policy won't be binned after a few weeks or a couple of months.

I wonder what will happen when the booster shots come in. Assuming you will need to stay out of the stadium for two weeks after getting your booster shot to allow it time to take full effect?

Agreed. Always a lot of loudly opinionated folk on the Internet. Expect the overwhelming majority will simply show up and get in to the game fuss free.
Britain is a nation of shitebags to be honest. You just need to see Ibrox on a match day, nobody caring about wearing masks at all but can bet the majority of them wear them into the supermarket incase someone asks them to put one on.

So I downloaded my certificate a couple of weeks ago to my phone from the portal. Am I now right in thinking this won't work?
What the %^*&!
Think I may give the football a miss until this all falls to bits. What a cluster %^*&.

Some of the emotive language used in this thread is bang out of order. Fans just want to see their team play football. Many spend thousands of pounds and travel hundreds of miles to do so, yet some want them to forego that to ‘take a stance’ against something that, for the overwhelming majority, takes a few minutes to obtain.

100% correct.

Rangers fans calling other Rangers fans arseholes because they want to do what’s necessary to get in and see their team, is out of order. It’s fine to call out the SNP and the government as arseholes for insisting on this ridiculous and unworkable policy. But to abuse other Rangers fans for complying with it to get into Ibrox is not on.

Wards in hospitals are being prepped for another wave, and alerted to the possibility of another lockdown, but yeah the passport is goi stop that.
Scooby Doo is less confused than the people ELECTED to govern and protect us.
We have implemented this passport to avoid reimplementation of restrictions over winter according to Ms Sturgeon - we shall see how that works.
The SNP make C1872 seem like an organised political movement, yet the blind will follow, and drive us further into poverty, further into an economic depression, further into civil unrest, further into melting point - and why? To wave a flag and shout freedom in true Mel Gibson fashion.

100% correct.

Rangers fans calling other Rangers fans arseholes because they want to do what’s necessary to get in and see their team, is out of order. It’s fine to call out the SNP and the government as arseholes for insisting on this ridiculous and unworkable policy. But to abuse other Rangers fans for complying with it to get into Ibrox is not on.
It works both ways, said fans are also lambasting people for opting against a medical procedure. The world is full of self important arseholes.

5 million people dead from covid mate. Its not about the SNP or any other political party. If you can't see that there's no help for you.
This is all about the SNP, this is about control with zero basis of sense behind it.
To go to Ibrox how many thousand take public transport in tight cramped conditions, but they dont need a passport to do that. There is no logic or “science” behind their decision. St Mirren (i know poor choice) could have 9999 fans at their ground - with no passport, but St Johnstone could have 10,001 and they need the passport - where is the science?

It works both ways, said fans are also lambasting people for opting against a medical procedure. The world is full of self important arseholes.

Fair point. I’m not criticising anyone for not getting a vaccine, it’s entirely their choice.

I skimmed the thread there. It's hilarious but unsurprising.

Talk of "boxing" and "riots". I mean, wise up. Similar schemes have been implemented across Europe with zero hassle. Sunday won't be any different.

As always, it's the online lunatic fringe trying to make a bigger deal of something than it really is.

If only the club could do similar with other clubs.

100% correct.

The boy with the arseholes patter should be cut some slack, he's in his early 20s going by his username. Probably gets a staunner daydreaming about taking part in mass protests and civil disobedience, and calling people arseholes to their face. Real life hasn't really kicked in at that age.

100% correct.

Yet there'll be Rangers fans there on Sunday who vote for the cunts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back