Fan Engagement Drop-In Sessions

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
For those who can make it:

WE will be hosting several drop-in sessions over the next month. These sessions are aimed at supporters who do not use social media or other digital platforms regularly, or feel the need to come in and discuss specific issues on a face to face basis.

Sessions will be held in our newly refurbished Club 72 Lounge which is accessible from Argyle Reception, located in the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Wednesday 29th September – 12pm – 2pm

Thursday 30th September – 12pm – 2pm

Wednesday 13th October – 12pm – 2pm

Thursday 14th October – 12pm – 2pm

Tuesday 19th October – 12pm – 2pm

Wednesday 20th October – 12pm – 2pm

Further dates will be announced in due course. The Club re-iterates its commitment to ensuring every supporter has the best possible experience and will continue to ensure we engage with supporters.

I know of someone that attended the last one and they said it seemed like a waste of time.

If the club were serious about improving fans match day experience they’d have taken measures long ago to improve the atmosphere, catering and all round experience for fans

Another tick box of sessions IMO

I know of someone that attended the last one and they said it seemed like a waste of time.

If the club were serious about improving fans match day experience they’d have taken measures long ago to improve the atmosphere, catering and all round experience for fans

This is the reality.

not sure what you are referring to but these haven’t been done before.

The standard of communication between the club and fans could be better. We unfortunately live in a digital age but we should have club staff actually meeting supporters face to face. Problem is it becomes a greetin match primarily about tickets, other supporters and the price of a pie.

WE will be hosting several drop-in sessions over the next month. These sessions are aimed at supporters who do not use social media or other digital platforms regularly, or feel the need to come in and discuss specific issues on a face to face basis.

Sessions will be held in our newly refurbished Club 72 Lounge which is accessible from Argyle Reception, located in the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Further dates will be announced in due course. The Club re-iterates its commitment to ensuring every supporter has the best possible experience and will continue to ensure we engage with supporters.

12pm - 2pm

Do the club deliberately pick the worst times possible?

Surely it doesn't need engagement drop in sessions to know that the catering is shite and the toilets are generally rank. I can understand that there are other issues that can be brought up but given folk have been complaining for years about the catering and nothing has been done then I'm not hopeful.

At least this very point could be made. No point in complaining about fans' opinion not being canvassed, then dismissing the idea when it is.

Surely it doesn't need engagement drop in sessions to know that the catering is shite and the toilets are generally rank. I can understand that there are other issues that can be brought up but given folk have been complaining for years about the catering and nothing has been done then I'm not hopeful.
They already had a "focus group" for the catering this year.

I see that's paid dividends!! :(

Good to see these being set up but I'd suggest offering some different time slots , eg early evening ones for people who can't attend in the middle of the day for numerous reasons. Hope they are constructive and some positive changes take place as a result

They already had a "focus group" for the catering this year.

I see that's paid dividends!! :(
I bought a 'burger' for the first time in years at the Motherwell game. I think it was £4.40 and it was genuinely the worst thing I'd eaten in ages. The bun was solid and there was some we burnt thing within it, that I'm assuming was the burger. Lesson learnt and I'll go back to nabbing a bite to eat before I get to the ground.

advertised on social media

advertised on social media
I got it from the Club website, which is still, obviously, a digital platform. Hopefully details included in the programme at the weekend and on the big screens. An email would also be handy. If they do all that then there’s nothing else, short of snail mail, that the Club can do.

I bought a 'burger' for the first time in years at the Motherwell game. I think it was £4.40 and it was genuinely the worst thing I'd eaten in ages. The bun was solid and there was some we burnt thing within it, that I'm assuming was the burger. Lesson learnt and I'll go back to nabbing a bite to eat before I get to the ground.
I've been on a personal boycott of the kiosks for about 5 or 6 years.

Not a penny until significant improvements are made.

Absolutely shocking

I've been on a personal boycott of the kiosks for about 5 or 6 years.

Not a penny until significant improvements are made.
I'd been in Bar72 up till this season and to be fair the grub wasn't particularly great up there but it was passable. Had forgotten just how bad it was at the kiosks.

I am hosting them
That's great to hear, I really hope you get valuable feedback and we start to see swift improvements in the near future. While I don't fall into the targeted supporters category in most instances, I may come along out of interest and contribute where I can. Thanks

Its hard not to be cynical given the club's record over the years but this is a positive start.

I wrote to Rangers 20 years ago about a number of issues including the media and the atmosphere at games. I was invited to a meeting inside Ibrox to discuss the points I raised. I knew then that nothing was going to change. Perhaps this is the dawning of a new era.

I am hosting them

Good to hear Greg. I hope you dont get bogged down on minutia and you're able to deal with the big issues like the matchday experience, safe standing, our songbook and the media attacks.

In my opinion these are the priorities. Im sure thousands agree.

For the love of god if anyone on here gets to go can you please highlight the 90s megamix CD and ask for it to be put in the bin and some descent music played over the tannoy we’ve suffered long enough

Leave the Beachball/I’m Feeling it remix alone :shh:

Good to hear Greg. I hope you dont get bogged down on minutia and you're able to deal with the big issues like the matchday experience, safe standing, our songbook and the media attacks.

In my opinion these are the priorities. Im sure thousands agree.

these aren’t focus groups bud. They are individual drop in sessions. Fans can raise what they want to talk about.

these aren’t focus groups bud. They are individual drop in sessions. Fans can raise what they want to talk about.
Can you give an indication that changes wil be made and topical questions answered officially?

Basically, if things drop into an abyss it further strengthens the feeling the club don't give a hoot and this is a waste of time.

Outcome from the catering/kiosk focus group earlier in the year??

Apart from finally coming into the 21st century by being able to use cards what improvements have there been following the "focus group" session ??

Outcome from the catering/kiosk focus group earlier in the year??

Apart from finally coming into the 21st century by being able to use cards what improvements have there been following the "focus group" session ??

a number of areas have been identified but I’m still awaiting implementation

Can you give an indication that changes wil be made and topical questions answered officially?

Basically, if things drop into an abyss it further strengthens the feeling the club don't give a hoot and this is a waste of time.

All items raised will be noted and fedback to club management but I can also see this as a useful forum for educating supporters in the current system. But I’m open to fans dictating what help they require or feedback they wish to provide.

All items raised will be noted and fedback to club management but I can also see this as a useful forum for educating supporters in the current system. But I’m open to fans dictating what help they require or feedback they wish to provide.
Greg , it may not seem important but can you please ask the matchday DJ ( I think it’s Mike smith ) to please bin the 1990s megamix CD from our playlist ?

Honestly the speeded up version of every other Saturday on it is like nails down a chalkboard, it’s absolutely unanimous amongst every season ticket holder I’ve spoken to that it needs consigned to the dustbin probably 20 years too late but here we are

If you do this one thing that alone will make the matchday experience 100% better

Please mate @Greg Marshall

Are you just making that up that you knew of someone attending these sessions before because this is the first time the club have done this. Why tell lies or was it your someone you know telling you lies so you could pass the lies on.

The whole point of the sessions should be about both fan feedback and what is currently in place and why. However, will there be responses to what is fed back is my question? @Greg Marshall

The DJ is like something from Phoenix nights, absolutely embarrassing.

Every game is Groundhog Day with the same non Rangers songs played time after time, it’s lazy, boring and tedious. It’s like playing an album on repeat, same songs, same order, for the 21st century it’s awful.

Back