Fuchs from Dundee Utd

So was Cosgrove for one season.
Nisbet scored regularly at Dunfermline. He has made the step up and is still scoring. He is now getting experience in the national team. He may not be World class, but to dismiss him out of hand would be unwise (and a wee bit arrogant to be honest).

As for ylak about CL, we went in to previous campaigns with Whittiker, Thomson, McCulloch, Novo and Futher back Malcolm, McCormack, Thompson Hughes, Rae etc all varied periods but its not always that simple

The hysteria when a player plays well against Celt*c in our league as if we should sign every one lol.

He isn’t good enough to play for Rangers simple.

Was impressed with him and Levitt, who I believe is on loan from Man United. Everything was one and two touch and he moved the ball quickly. Also looked to get stuck in at the end.

There will equally be those who have never seen him play but heard his name mentioned a couple of times at the weekend and deem him a signing target.
I agree.

The point I was trying to make is labelling him shite or amazing based on a couple of viewings is just silly.

The OP was asking if we should keep an eye on him, and I’d say yes. A bit of scouting over a longer period to determine if he is a flash in the pan for a couple of games or if he really is a gem they have uncovered and coached properly,

I agree.

The point I was trying to make is labelling him shite or amazing based on a couple of viewings is just silly.

The OP was asking if we should keep an eye on him, and I’d say yes. A bit of scouting over a longer period to determine if he is a flash in the pan for a couple of games or if he really is a gem they have uncovered and coached properly,
Tbf I get that to a point but it’s the continued threads on every player who reaches team of the week I don’t

Tbf I get that to a point but it’s the continued threads on every player who reaches team of the week I don’t
Definitely. But you do get the odd gem, as we have found out countless times. It’s in amongst a mountain of bang average players though!

I recall the season Motherwell finished 2nd in the SPL, Nicky Law was in the SPL team of the year and we signed him. Who proved to have nice touches but absolutely no heart or bottle when the going got tough.

Definitely. But you do get the odd gem, as we have found out countless times. It’s in amongst a mountain of bang average players though!

I recall the season Motherwell finished 2nd in the SPL, Nicky Law was in the SPL team of the year and we signed him. Who proved to have nice touches but absolutely no heart or bottle when the going got tough.
We have since signed several Nicky Law’s from outside the Scottish game tbf.

We’re aiming to get into the CL and play CL level opposition. No offence intended but is he any better than what we’ve already got?

Any midfielder we bring in should be to replace our current players, we don’t need squad fillers
So if Andy Robertson were at Queens Park just now, at the start of his career, at what point would you sign him?

Now at Queens Park?
When he was at Dundee Untied?
Hull?
Liverpool?

At what point is he CL level?

So if Andy Robertson were at Queens Park just now, at the start of his career, at what point would you sign him?

Now at Queens Park?
When he was at Dundee Untied?
Hull?
Liverpool?

At what point is he CL level?
Robertson has massively improved whilst at Liverpool, there was many people questioning his signing from Hull at the time

He was their best player when they beat us, and he stood out against the Tims at the weekend.

Certainly one to monitor going forward.
Agreed.
Was the standout player in the midfield v the filth. Very Stuart McCall esque , on the strength of Sunday alone he's one we should definitely be monitoring.

File under Dykes , Ferguson , McCann , Nisbet , Shankland and others.
I'm sure that Gerrard is a massive fan of Nisbet. I seem to remember him singling him out for praise and seemed to give him a lot of attention when he was going up the tunnel after a game against them.

I like him and the new boy Hearts have got they are the type we don’t have when Jack is out if they keep their form over a season and are cheap enough I don’t see why we shouldn’t be looking. Kamara and Jack tells us there are bargains and good players to be had in our league we as a support have to stop be snobs when it comes to talent in this league.

Anytime I have watched Dundee Fuchs has stood out. I think he could fit in to our squad nicely especially with Kamara likely to leave in the next season or 2 and David winding his career down.

Robertson has massively improved whilst at Liverpool, there was many people questioning his signing from Hull at the time
Ok, my question remained unanswered.

Would you have signed Morelos as a ready CL player?

I think there are current talents in the SPL, outside of the old firm, who will play in the Premier League.

We should always be looking at talents, regardless of their current clubs.

Ignore the club, look at the talent, look at the potential

I'm sure that Gerrard is a massive fan of Nisbet. I seem to remember him singling him out for praise and seemed to give him a lot of attention when he was going up the tunnel after a game against them.
Just like he is a massive fan of John Beaton , gave him a lot of attention before going up the tunnel.

Anytime I have watched Dundee Fuchs has stood out. I think he could fit in to our squad nicely especially with Kamara likely to leave in the next season or 2 and David winding his career down.
He’s played 31 games for them in total so besides a ten minute highlights package how many times have you watched him?

Ok, my question remained unanswered.

Would you have signed Morelos as a ready CL player?

I think there are current talents in the SPL, outside of the old firm, who will play in the Premier League.

We should always be looking at talents, regardless of their current clubs.

Ignore the club, look at the talent, look at the potential
No, because when we signed Morelos it was to replace Garner

If we were signing the 17/18 Morelos, the unknown quantity to have a bash at the CL, I’d be questioning the signing too

He’s played 31 games for them in total so besides a ten minute highlights package how many times have you watched him?
Admittedly not much. Seen him when he has played against us and watched their game on Sunday. Other than that it's been from highlights. Is that enough to allow me an opinion?

No, because when we signed Morelos it was to replace Garner

If we were signing the 17/18 Morelos, the unknown quantity to have a bash at the CL, I’d be questioning the signing too
What are your thoughts on us signing the other Colombian recently?

And Sakala?

If he's worth signing then our coaching staff will be well aware of that fact, but I doubt he's on our radar, I remember the weekly sign Dykes threads they were embarrassing

Admittedly not much. Seen him when he has played against us and watched their game on Sunday. Other than that it's been from highlights. Is that enough to allow me an opinion?
Highlights don’t count , two full games not enough to make a call.
More so as the might be the type who busts a gut in the big games and doesn’t turn up for the rest.

What are your thoughts on us signing the other Colombian recently?

And Sakala?
The young Colombian is a risk free signing because he’s going into the B team.

I don’t believe Sakala is good enough and is levels below Roofe, never mind Morelos

You have reminded me, Nicky law was well poty, dean sheils was Killie e poty, black was tarts poty, we signed all three.

We all have different opinions,
im not a fan of kamara, that’s how I feel, some think he’s the bees knees, fair enough,

The young Colombian is a risk free signing because he’s going into the B team.

I don’t believe Sakala is good enough and is levels below Roofe, never mind Morelos
But when we signed Morelos, he was miles behind Roofes current quality

My point is we are unlikely to be able to sign a starting 11 of CL level ready players

We need to sign potential and develop them

Back