Rangers linked with Joe Rothwell

We certainly need someone, that’s for sure. Never heard of this guy, on the basis of that YouTube video he looks good but that’s always the case with those :))

Very interesting couple of widows ahead, I’m hoping if we can win the league this season the CL money will allow us to bring in a couple of players of real quality.

With the amount of players approaching the end of their deals we also have to be making best use of the out of contract players available, we could be looking at substantial change in the summer.

He’s a good player I’d be taking a look at the likes of him and swift from reading on pre contracts

Swift is one I would be very keen on. Proven end product in that league.

Didn't see much in the OP YouTube I was overly impressed by. Guy looks very much like Hedges at Aberdeen or Newell at Hibs type. Majority of his runs come to nothing.

Still be getting his name on the back of my home top next year though.

That’s more like it

Unfathomable that we have no one that offers the direct running that was our managers trademark. Not many goals in there though

He looks reasonable however if we are to progress we have to get back to spending reasonable, not excessive sums of money on players again to get real quality.

Currently of Blackbun Rovers.

Had to look him up. Strong runner with the ball.

Not sure how true the link to us is. Wee video of him anyway

Could be rubbish but looks like another freebie. There comes a point that if we really want to improve as a side we will need to spend money.

I fully understand we don't have the necessary amounts of money I'm talking about but it seems the clubs purchasing policy is scouring the Bosman market for the odd gem or so, which can be very hit or miss, as our 3 Bosman purchases this close season shows.

We are never going to get to the next level that SG spoke about after winning 55 operating this model but until we reach CL or sell big it looks very much like we'll have too get used to it. Highlights even more why winning this seasons title and therefore securing the CL riches it brings, is the only show in town.

Swift is one I would be very keen on. Proven end product in that league.

Didn't see much in the OP YouTube I was overly impressed by. Guy looks very much like Hedges at Aberdeen or Newell at Hibs type. Majority of his runs come to nothing.

Still be getting his name on the back of my home top next year though.
He is a good player but he’s a centre mid, wouldn’t class him as an attacking midfielder either, would be good on a free if his wages ain’t high

Another English academy graduate. Is that the level of this bloke Ross Wilson’s scouting abilities? How about Scandinavia or Eastern Europe?
Ahhh I get it

If his name Joe Rothivic, would that make this rumour better for you?

Also, Ross Wilson isn’t a scout and we have an advanced scouting network across Europe but don’t let that get in the way of you spouting pi*s on a Sunday morning

Ahhh I get it

If his name Joe Rothivic, would that make this rumour better for you?

Also, Ross Wilson isn’t a scout and we have an advanced scouting network across Europe but don’t let that get in the way of you spouting pi*s on a Sunday morning
No mate that’s no my point. Look at the signings we’ve made (most not all). Ex English academy players. Surely we could scout markets like Scandinavia and Eastern Europe and get better value and maybe better players. At the end of the day the clubs who have money to spend are at the top of their leagues and in my opinion Rangers need to spend as the manager has pointed out. Now the question is where do we get the cash given again based on the managers comments it appears the current board weren’t willing or able to back him by signing the players he wanted. No I’m not suggesting a return to SDM era but we needed more this past summer.
Just my tuppence worth mate.

No mate that’s no my point. Look at the signings we’ve made (most not all). Ex English academy players. Surely we could scout markets like Scandinavia and Eastern Europe and get better value and maybe better players. At the end of the day the clubs who have money to spend are at the top of their leagues and in my opinion Rangers need to spend as the manager has pointed out. Now the question is where do we get the cash given again based on the managers comments it appears the current board weren’t willing or able to back him by signing the players he wanted. No I’m not suggesting a return to SDM era but we needed more this past summer.
Just my tuppence worth mate.

I get the general point, I was just being a di*k.

That said, the English academy player comments that are on here is a bit of a red herring. Players need to start somewhere. Would you put Roofe, Kent, Goldson and Davis in that category or are we just talking about Simpson?

We are club with no money and need to trade,
the board has backed the manager with investors money.

Could be rubbish but looks like another freebie. There comes a point that if we really want to improve as a side we will need to spend money.

I fully understand we don't have the necessary amounts of money I'm talking about but it seems the clubs purchasing policy is scouring the Bosman market for the odd gem or so, which can be very hit or miss, as our 3 Bosman purchases this close season shows.

We are never going to get to the next level that SG spoke about after winning 55 operating this model but until we reach CL or sell big it looks very much like we'll have too get used to it. Highlights even more why winning this seasons title and therefore securing the CL riches it brings, is the only show in town.
Win the league and hopefully CL Groups, then we take the next step. Sell or extend some players contracts. Use Goldsons wages to help upgrade a defence that consistently loses goals in Europe.
We also have the benefit of a longer close season to recuperate and go again.
We should have qualified this season but we threw away a golden opportunity vs Malmo.

i don’t know much about him, but I do know that he’s shite and has a boring name.

Championship is a difficult one as there’s a lot of unearthed talent in that league but also a lot of players who could never cut it with us.

Can’t say I’ve ever heard of this guy before and his number don’t look too impressive but that can often be the case with midfielders, doesn’t mean he’s a bad player.

Last edited:
It's a position we need to plan for.

Arfield is a goner next summer. Davis more than likely as well. I'd expect there to be interest in Kamara. Jack can't be relied on.

Jeez, like everybody else Aribo has had a poor start to the season but we’re surely not lining him up as the next whipping boy are we? Crazy stuff.

Bit of an over reach to say my post was making him the whipping boy surely.

Just pointing out that because a Youtube video makes him look like he skins people all the time, it doesn't necessarily make it fact as you could pick moments from Aribo, Kamara even Davis probably to make them look that way.

Not at all making him out to be the whipping boy. He's actually been one of the better performers although that isn't saying a lot.

Back