Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

This case should really bring into question as the why the SNP Government decided to exempt football clubs and religious institutions from their inquiry into historical abuse. The more that comes out about this scandal makes that decision all the more staggering.
Not staggering….negligent! The RC church has been exposed all over the world for thousands of abuse cases. But one wouldn’t want to alienate the core Indy vote. politicising child abuse. Sickening.

%^*& all will happen.
What an arsehole of a comment.
Due to the hard work of some, and the bravery of others, it seems that considerably more than **** all is happening.
If that's really your opinion, why not just keep it to yourself.

Imagine for a moment, that the victims were told that when first they had the courage to come forward, confront their demons and finally have the bravery to say "j'accuse".
Just what the perpetrators and enablers wanted. You too it seems.
At the risk of a ban, you are an arsehole.

I tried looking for it but couldn't find so .....
To the guy who's said " Fvck all will happen "
Can I just Thank You your support and will pass on your best wishes to victims and their families
Fvcking Unbelievable as my wee maw used to say " If you've nothing good to say about people then say nothing "
I will also take a ban your a dick

Can I just Thank You your support and will pass on your best wishes to victims and their families
Fvcking Unbelievable as my wee maw used to say " If you've nothing good to say about people then say nothing "
Agree 100% jf.

Posts like this contribute nothing. Best ignored.

They didn't need to investigate,they already knew what was going on at parkhead and the proof was the hundreds of indecent pictures of boys club players stored in a cupboard at the piggery.
If it was a separate entity Cullen would not have felt safe storing them there. Who else did Cullen confide in who worked there?
All those pictures stored in a cupboard which was kept closed for 20 years how were they never found before this beggars belief.

In the summer of 2019, the Celtic chief executive at the time, Peter Lawwell, revealed the club had undertaken a review of its own. “The misconception is that the club is doing nothing and abdicating responsibility,” Lawwell said. “That is simply not true.”

The obvious question would be......What did the club do ?
Get him and the other enablers under oath.

I've spent many many hours on the web and can't see the "open secret" quote anywhere. Tried many search variables.That's not to say it doesn't exist, or was ever said. I just can't find it. And the Daily Record archives don't go as far back. Neither do the Glasgow evening times or the Scotland on Sunday.
I'll keep trying though.
A day at theMitchell Library?

I watched the TV programme about the guy who was charged and convicted with 189 man rapes last night. They still think that many more men have not come forward. It made me think how many more kids could have been raped but not come forward, with at least 6 Paedophiles all working together.

To reiterate what's been posted before.
Ladies & Gentlemen of Spotlight.
We thank you all for your relentless work in bringing this to the fore.
I truly believe that without your industrious efforts, these shocking events would be swept away and forever hidden and the poor victims would never get any sort of closure or recompense.
Keep at them. The Dam appears to be creaking. Not burst..yet.
But it will burst in time.
Its the religion once this is out the Catholic church will be exposed once and for all to everyone as the biggest component of sexual abuse despicable Religion

I watched the TV programme about the guy who was charged and convicted with 189 man rapes last night. They still think that many more men have not come forward. It made me think how many more kids could have been raped but not come forward, with at least 6 Paedophiles all working together.

I watched that too, some of his victims didn’t even know what had happened. The Police did say that they knew some of their lives would never be the same again when they told them. It would ruin some.

There is no doubt some of they children in the hundreds of indecent photographs found within Parkhead that Police allegedly couldn’t identify, will be the same. Most would have been too innocent to appreciate the depravity of it all. Others will have tried to put it to the back of their minds and move on with their lives.

However tragically as a consequence of enablers within Parkhead many many lives have been lost and other children couldn’t fulfil their potential in life as alcohol, drug dependency and mental health struggles blighted their lives.

The Scottish Government can’t undo any of this but it is to their shame that the victims are having to fight daily to even be recognised or see any justice.

I'm trying to understand the difference between criminal and civil cases, how far off am I?

Criminal - If defendant is found guilty they face criminal charges such as Jail, community service or fines which are paid in to the public purse.

Civil - A company/ person is tried and if the judge finds in favour against them then they can be ordered to pay compensation or even told to cease operating as a business.

I've said it already, but Billy McNeill definitely came out with that quote. Whether it was a reporter on Scotland Today or Reporting Scotland quoting McNeill outside the court during or after the trial, I can't quite remember. But he said it.
is this the open secret quote? if so its been years and no source has been found

I've said it already, but Billy McNeill definitely came out with that quote. Whether it was a reporter on Scotland Today or Reporting Scotland quoting McNeill outside the court during or after the trial, I can't quite remember. But he said it.

Finding hard evidence would be very good, however we do have hard evidence on a few Celtic managers knowing apart from him.

I'm trying to understand the difference between criminal and civil cases, how far off am I?

Criminal - If defendant is found guilty they face criminal charges such as Jail, community service or fines which are paid in to the public purse.

Civil - A company/ person is tried and if the judge finds in favour against them then they can be ordered to pay compensation or even told to cease operating as a business.

BN is caught up just now, but you’re correct.

is this the open secret quote? if so its been years and no source has been found
Aye, it's actually frustrating because I remember being surprised at the time that he came out with it.
Finding hard evidence would be very good, however we do have hard evidence on a few Celtic managers knowing apart from him.
Good to hear. As I said above, it's bloody frustrating that McNeill's quote seems to have been wiped from history.

I may be way off the mark with this and no help at all, but i seem to recall that a good few years ago someone mentioned it was in his book. The fact that nobody can find the source would probably point at that being untrue

I may be way off the mark with this and no help at all, but i seem to recall that a good few years ago someone mentioned it was in his book. The fact that nobody can find the source would probably point at that being untrue
I was certain it was in Lou McCaris book, but told Inwas wrong. Maybe you had heard this too.

A quick Google search of this appears to suggest it was a comment made to a reporter in the evening times in 1998?

Google also showed this on an old thread here on FF:
Daily Record (Glasgow, Scotland); 11/7/1998; McILWRAITH, GORDON
JOCK Stein and the Celtic board covered up allegations made against Boys' Club founder Jim Torbett,

Mr Birt said: "There was a lot of hearsay and it wasn't until Jim came back that I got involved because things started up again."

He told how he took the allegations against Torbett to the Celtic board and Stein and even told the then vice-chairman, Kevin Kelly, about them at a meeting in his car.
He said: "Although there were people who spoke to me I couldn't go to the police without actual proof of the allegations. When I joined as chairman, I was told by Jock Stein to keep the name of Celtic Football Club clean at all times."

Billy McNeil said, on oath in a court of law, "It was an open secret at Parkhead"

Unsure if this is in any relation to what anyone needs. Will edit/remove if unnecessary.

All those pictures stored in a cupboard which was kept closed for 20 years how were they never found before this beggars belief.
I bet there was a clear out of all the no
I bet there was a clear out of all the nooks and crannies after the pics were found.
All destroyed instead of being handed over to the police.

The Evening Times 13th November 1998 seems to be quoted as a source if anyone can find a copy of that.

Saw something similar on the Spotlight FB page, a complete and utter clown stating, with accompanying foul language, that he was pissed off with all the drip feeding of information and that spotlight needed to just get on with it.
What a fucking tosser.

Back