Gerrard to Newcastle, we have seen this movie before

The Goal Machine

Remember Souness to Liverpool, that hit us hard, but we had Walter Smith.

I would hope that £mega millions from Saudi billionaires who are using Newcastle as a PR exercise would mean Gerrard exercising caution.

Those Saudi Billionaires, let’s not kid ourselves, could turn his head with their bottomless pit of cash.

I would be especially disappointed in Steven Gerrard if he left, but it could happen, we always knew this.

We should know his mindset soon because his views will be sought especially with the English Media.

I hope the Rangers Board are awake, we will maybe have to look for another Walter Smith.

I would hope that £mega millions from Saudi billionaires who are using Newcastle as a PR exercise would mean Gerrard exercising caution.

Those Saudi Billionaires, let’s not kid ourselves, could turn his head with their bottomless pit of cash.

I would be especially disappointed in Steven Gerrard if he left, but it could happen, we always knew this.

We should know his mindset soon because his views will be sought especially with the English Media.

I hope the Rangers Board are awake, we will maybe have to look for another Walter Smith.

Why would a team with a bottomless pit of cash be looking to the SPFL for a manager?

I’d imagine they’ll go for a big name in management and Gerrard won’t really be high on their list

However if they did go for him (which i really don’t see happening) then I’d expect to him to take it for sure

Newcastle are operating at a level above Gerrard now. They’re not interested in projects, only instant success.

Stevie G as much as I love him, is not Saudi billionaire level.

Let’s be realistic he’ll likely be in their top 3 or so given his profile not just in England but worldwide.

I agree I would expect them to go for someone like Conte first, but there’s no guarantee he takes it. Newcastle are a project and Conte could easily get a team that’s more ready to win.

In that scenario Gerrard moves up the pecking order.

It’s head in the sand stuff to completely discount the possibility.

I personally think no chance of Gerrard going to Newcastle. His values are loyalty and he has learned that through his years experience of offers from Real, Chelsea when at Liverpool as a player.

He's only leaving us for one Club, Liverpool.

Rumours Klopp is going to Barca? One more season of Gerrard. If he wins the treble this year and qualifies for last 16 in Europa and Klopp leaves the Liverpool fans will demand him to be appointed.....

IMHO :D

I dont see Stevie G being a good fit anywhere other than us or Liverpool. Dont ask me why but i just dont see it. Abroad, yes quite possibly but not anyone one in the UK other than Liverpool.

So money is no object and their first port of call is our backwater league. I dont think so.

They are. But they will be looking to recruit a top tier manager. Gerrard isn’t at that level, yet.
Maybe. But they've nothing, yet, to attract a top tier manager.

They will, assuming the owners are willing to spend what they've got (and they probably are), get to the top.

But they'll have to do it incrementally.
All the 14yr old FIFA players making Mbappe memes don't realise that.

They've no Dof, no training ground, no youth system, and no squad. All of that will be fixed but not overnight.

Look how long it took Man City as a guide, and they were in a better position than Newcastle are.

Reactions: Ter
I’ve no fear of this happening, Gerrard will leave Rangers at some point and I’d wager it would only be Liverpool or the England job.

I can’t see him managing a team against Liverpool in the same league added to that he is a guy who honours contracts especially when Rangers gave him a role which allowed him time to develop as a manager.

IF! It were to happen the club you would hope would be well compensated.

I'm actually quite concerned by this. He is the next logical choice for a Premiership club. Newcastle are now the wealthiest club in the world apparently. The sky is the limit. It would be very difficult to turn down.

Back