Gerrard to Newcastle, we have seen this movie before

I personally think no chance of Gerrard going to Newcastle. His values are loyalty and he has learned that through his years experience of offers from Real, Chelsea when at Liverpool as a player.

He's only leaving us for one Club, Liverpool.

Rumours Klopp is going to Barca? One more season of Gerrard. If he wins the treble this year and qualifies for last 16 in Europa and Klopp leaves the Liverpool fans will demand him to be appointed.....

IMHO :D
Sorry but there’s much more chance of Gerrard going to Newcastle than Klopp going to Barca. They haven’t got a pot to pee in.

I actually think there is more chance of Klopp going to Newcastle than Barca with their current state of affairs!

I swear down mate, you’re the 346 person to think this was worthy of a thread today, innovative thinking
I swear down!!!! Hahaha. I've only heard that from the ethnically diverse youth of Moss side and Rusholme. I hope it's not travelled to Scotland

Sorry but there’s much more chance of Gerrard going to Newcastle than Klopp going to Barca. They haven’t got a pot to pee in.

I actually think there is more chance of Klopp going to Newcastle than Barca with their current state of affairs!
Yeah klopp isn’t going near Barca. He’ll probably take the Germany job next then retire. He’s already said he doesn’t want to work well into his 60’s.

His recent stuff about lack of investment have me generally concerned.

At the end of the season he was very upbeat about transfer window and exciting times ahead. Did the board go back on their word?? Something changed.

Rule nothing out.

Whatever happens, I believe he in his last season with us.

I was only going on recent paper talk linking Klopp to Barca, agree with your points on Barca without a pot to piss in.

I’ve no fear of this happening, Gerrard will leave Rangers at some point and I’d wager it would only be Liverpool or the England job.

I can’t see him managing a team against Liverpool in the same league added to that he is a guy who honours contracts especially when Rangers gave him a role which allowed him time to develop as a manager.

IF! It were to happen the club you would hope would be well compensated.
Couldn't agree more. He's just not a money man Gerrard. Went to LA and was more or less homesick, wanted back on these shores. He had everything he could want in LA.

Newcastle need to stay in the league first before thinking big. I firmly believe Stevie G will be in the discussion when their talking about a new manager. There isn’t an abundance of high profile managers out there at the moment who aren’t tied into a job. Building a Newcastle team over 2/3 years into champion contenders would make it harder to get the Liverpool job though imo.

I'm actually quite concerned by this. He is the next logical choice for a Premiership club. Newcastle are now the wealthiest club in the world apparently. The sky is the limit. It would be very difficult to turn down.
I feel the same, but it would still be a step down for him

What Newcastle need is someone to come in who is going to provide stability and rebuild the squad with the long term goal of getting to the Champions League.

Can’t see Gerrard taking over without a clause allowing him to go to Liverpool once Klopp has had enough.

At the end of the season he was very upbeat about transfer window and exciting times ahead. Did the board go back on their word?? Something changed.

Rule nothing out.

Tend to agree with this. If Gerrard was offered big money, huge transfer budget, chance to prove himself in the EPL at a club not traditional rivals of Liverpool and a move closer to his family, I certainly think he'd consider it. Also agree that he'll walk at the end of the season if we qualify for the CL and he doesn't have funds which he believes will allow us to be competitive. He'll say he's taken us as far as he can. To be fair, if you look at what he inherited and he takes us to successive league titles and into the CL, who could argue?

He'd go to Liverpool if they came calling but he won't be leaving for anyone else

I like Gerard, I really like him but I don’t think he is irreplaceable. I am not saying I know who should replace him but I think he has steadied the ship and we are win a good position so a competent manager could come in and get a tune from our squad.

Rule nothing out.

Wins the league he stays to manage us in CL

Stevie G to win the league with Newcastle in 2023, or maybe 2024.

Get your house on it now! :)

I can’t see this happening for 2 reasons:

1) The Saudi’s won’t be interested in Gerrard.
2) Gerrard won’t be interested in Newcastle Utd.

These people buy football clubs as a pure ego trip. Some people buy designer clothes. Some people buy top spec Land Rovers and Mercs. To Arabs, a European football club is just another bling accessory. The mentality of these billionaires is that they get into Yacht building wars to see who can have the bigger boat.

That being said, with their bottomless pit of money they are going to bring in a top tried and tested manager that makes massive headlines on Bein Sports every week, on a silly wage, and give him a silly transfer budget.

As for Gerrard, its clear he came up here and fell in love with the club and the fans. The passion at the weekend when we beat hibs shows that. But we all knew when he took the job this was his stepping stone to take the reigns at Liverpool. I think if he’s going anywhere, thats where it will be next.

I like Gerard, I really like him but I don’t think he is irreplaceable. I am not saying I know who should replace him but I think he has steadied the ship and we are win a good position so a competent manager could come in and get a tune from our squad.
I think we need to be very careful. We were dead on our feet before Gerrard arrived. He's a superstar, albeit a rookie at the time he was appointed. He oozes class and his standards are sky high.

Last thing we need is some generic has been or a random German etc. Could set us back years.

Why would a team with a bottomless pit of cash be looking to the SPFL for a manager?
Because he is a world name and has hardly put a foot wrong since taking over here. His record in Europe is phenomenal for the group of players he has managed so far. Taking a team that went out to Progres to where we have gone since is a huge accomplishment. Thats before you even get to how he has done domestically.

They could see him as someone to take a small punt on. give him a bag of cash, lets see where he takes us.
Not saying it will happen, but i dont see why they wouldnt want him.

I think we need to be very careful. We were dead on our feet before Gerrard arrived. He's a superstar, albeit a rookie at the time he was appointed. He oozes class and his standards are sky high.

Last thing we need is some generic has been or a random German etc. Could set us back years.

Yeah, wouldn’t be the first time I have been wrong…I think what would be hard to find is a manager like Gerard who completely understands what a club like Rangers means to people.

Wouldnt surprise me if SG was a target, they are looking for respectability and that would be a sure-fire way to get it, Sg is a professional and could be tempted

Nobody is throwing money at it. Gerrard is currently 4/1 and there's no odds on favourite. The market is wide open because nobody has a clue if/when Bruce will leave and who the next manager will be.
Someone has actually agreed with me. May be wort the watching lol

Money always talks. If, and it’s a big if, they want him they’ll get him. Personally I think he would be a good fit for Newcastle. Obviously I don’t want him to leave but I think this will be his last season at Ibrox. Four years is a long time in modern football, four years is a long time to be away from home with a young family growing up. Let’s be honest Scottish football can’t compete with the premiership and never will. We’ve been good for Stevie while he’s been good for us but eventually his ambitions will take him elsewhere unfortunately. Only my humble opinion of course.

They need a proven high level manager to kickstart their new era. New guy will be signing a team of players they’ve not seen the level of for years for huge cost, so has to be the safe option/right man.

If the cash is unlimited - Mourinho.

In my opinion, IF S G was to be offered the crazy wage and a blank chequebook he’d jump.

Stevie G to win the league with Newcastle in 2023, or maybe 2024.

Get your house on it now! :)

One thing’s for sure, IF they’ve worked out how get round F F P, it just made it way harder for Liverpool / Ma Utd to win it after this season; any time soon.

If the cash is unlimited - Mourinho.

In my opinion, IF S G was to be offered the crazy wage and a blank chequebook he’d jump.
Of course he would. How many of these multi millionaires work for nothing? None. It’s all about money. £100k a week in the premiership and £100m budget or stay in Scotland and play Livingston Hamilton and St Mirren etc 4 times a season. Tough one.

Because he is a world name and has hardly put a foot wrong since taking over here. His record in Europe is phenomenal for the group of players he has managed so far. Taking a team that went out to Progres to where we have gone since is a huge accomplishment. Thats before you even get to how he has done domestically.

They could see him as someone to take a small punt on. give him a bag of cash, lets see where he takes us.
Not saying it will happen, but i dont see why they wouldnt want him.
His team selections and tactics are slaughtered by our resident geniuses on every match thread.

Of course he would. How many of these multi millionaires work for nothing? None. It’s all about money. £100k a week in the premiership and £100m budget or stay in Scotland and play Livingston Hamilton and St Mirren etc 4 times a season. Tough one.

As crazy as it sounds Newcastle might be his only shot at managing a team to EPL success.

Back