Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

The abuse report findings show the club & the boys club to be part of the same thing.
But, whilst the report is quite clear on the matter, Scottish Football's governing bodies have still failed to take action against the club with regards to convictions, investigations, re- employing convicted abuser etc even though this is their report.
I'm probably boring people now with this but the question is why?
There is clearly a link between that club & the SFA board at the time
For me Scottish Football's governing bodies are up to their necks in this & need the Bheasts to win their cases as they themselves are just as culpable & I just wish this combined case had actually went further & challenged Scottiah Football's governing bodies in the civil cases as they have alot to answer for.

Dormant just like BJK could not pick up a phone to Plod.
Bit strange why he has no problem when it involves the Rangers family!
Another Liar & Hypocrite RC.....ten a penny these days it must be said
Ask him why he sent his son to play with CBC ; when he knew about the abuse.( his own words If I knew it was as bad as being reported I would not have sent him.)
What did he do , he sent him to play with them .THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE.
That’s the kind of person he is putting his own son at risk for the love of the club.

There has been a lot of focus during the last couple of weeks on the sexual abuse allegations concerning the WWSL in the US and this was discussed on the BBC World Service programme World Football yesterday.

To the point, it is obviously a subject that merited discussion and the programme certainly delivered regarding this.

Pat Nevin is one of 2 guest regulars of the cast, along with former USA Women's international, Heather O'Reilly.

Anyway, during the discussion, Mr Nevin made passing reference to his own experiences and I don't underplay them for an instant. Curiously though, he failed to mention where and when this occurred.

Now I acknowledge that the programme producers were covering a particularly prominent scandal. I just wonder if the World Football Show will devote a similar half hour to the greatest child sex abuse scandal on it's doorstep?

Anyway, here's the programme, only half an hour, worth a listen.

Last edited:
This case should really bring into question as the why the SNP Government decided to exempt football clubs and religious institutions from their inquiry into historical abuse. The more that comes out about this scandal makes that decision all the more staggering.
Vote buying mate, nothing else.

The daren’t lose the bheggar vote. They know most bears wouldn’t vote for them in a million years.

Last edited:
It just makes justice in Scotland a laughing stock with one sided inquiries like this was . Who in the name of a genuine search for truth set up that inquiry ? It was a complete insult to everyone's intelligence , especially the victims who have suffered far too much to be humliated by such a half arsed attempt at trying to get to the truth . The charlatans behind this fiasco must be made to explain themselves when the time comes hopefully in the not too distant future .

Ask him why he sent his son to play with CBC ; when he knew about the abuse.( his own words If I knew it was as bad as being reported I would not have sent him.)
What did he do , he sent him to play with them .THINK ABOUT THAT FOR A MINUTE.
That’s the kind of person he is putting his own son at risk for the love of the club.

One could also assume worse.

Scottish Football's governing bodies are up to their necks in this. Which is why Martin Hendry was given the job as they need to control the situation in full as the last thing they want is the entire truth coming out
Think I'm right in stating that the only time Hendry made a public appearance was the engineered story by Daly about the small extract from the Rangers review where an amateur contributor to that magazine didn't know why Neely was sacked.

I've said it already, but Billy McNeill definitely came out with that quote. Whether it was a reporter on Scotland Today or Reporting Scotland quoting McNeill outside the court during or after the trial, I can't quite remember. But he said it.
Was it not quoted in Lou Macari's autobiography?

Scottish Football's governing bodies are up to their necks in this. Which is why Martin Hendry was given the job as they need to control the situation in full as the last thing they want is the entire truth coming out
I'm sitting reading this and thinking what the outcome of this enquiry would have been if the spotlight team had been given the task of finding the truth for the SFA.

Think I'm right in stating that the only time Hendry made a public appearance was the engineered story by Daly about the small extract from the Rangers review where an amateur contributor to that magazine didn't know why Neely was sacked.
Daly has no time for Rangers and Spotlight have no communication with him and never have done. Here he is below with the pathetic journalist that went after Heart and Hand.

Daly has no time for Rangers and Spotlight have no communication with him and never have done. Here he is below with the pathetic journalist that went after Heart and Hand.

The problem with Scotland is there are to many west coast Catholic appoligists. The Catholic Church and organisation’s come first. Protect at all costs.

I'm sitting reading this and thinking what the outcome of this enquiry would have been if the spotlight team had been given the task of finding the truth for the SFA.
Our research is definitely in the right hands, and we do know that some has been used as evidence.
We will not hand anything over to an SNP led inquiry. We would release everything before that happened. They can’t be trusted with something so big. Especially when the party is riddled with apologists.

Anyone with half a brain cell will recognise just how ridiculous & dishonest this whole separate entity excuse is

But even allowing for this - I have to wonder why anyone would think this somehow absolves them of blame, guilt or responsibility ?

When the Gulf of Mexico oil spill occurred - B.P. were rightly punished for the actions of their sub-contractors
Can anyone argue that CFC didn't have a similar if not identical relationship with CBC ?

I'm not for a minute suggesting that the separate entity issue shouldn't be vigorously contested - but can't help thinking part of the argument still doesn't lessen their involvement or their guilt

I'm sure the legal bods will be more than aware of this - it's just that I don't recall this being mentioned anywhere ?

Daly is a slimy bastard that had no hesitation whatsoever to allow victims to believe he was on their side while doing what he can to undermine them for his true objectives. McGowan and that poor excuse of a man Dornan did the same, that riles me.

Looking at how the criminal investigation was conducted in the US with Penn state and Scotland with that lot is night and day.

The FBI charged several Penn State officials with failure to report suspected child abuse here ex-Celtic players were coming out in books telling people they knew about the child abuse and no criminal action was taken. The FBI also commissioned an independent report into the matter. In Scotland elected officials of the ruling party sit on twitter and say that legal tax loopholes were worse than industrial scale child abuse.

Even the sporting bodies in the US took action against Penn State here they just sit around and do nothing while multiple court cases have been taking place for years.

I'll never understand how ex-Celtic players could come out in a books and admit to knowing about child abuse without next to nothing be written or said about it in the press?

Last edited:
Looking at how the criminal investigation was conducted in the US with Penn state and Scotland with that lot is night and day.

The FBI charged several Pen State officials with failure to report suspected child abuse here ex-Celtic players were coming out in books telling people they knew about the child abuse and no criminal action was taken. The FBI also commissioned an independent report into the matter. In Scotland elected officials of the ruling party sit on twitter and say that legal tax loopholes were worse than industrial scale child abuse.

Even the sporting bodies in the US took action against Penn State here they just sit around and do nothing while multiple court cases have been taking place for years.

I'll never understand how an ex-Celtic players can come out in a book and admit to knowing about symptomatic abuse without next to nothing be written or said about it in the press?

Scottish society has been used as an effective tool to protect the Catholic Church and its indiscretions for about the last 150 years.
If ALL the goings-on at celtc are permitted to be revealed, including the identities of every last one of the guilty (abusers and facilitators) it will finish celtc.
Those at the top of society will find ways of ensuring as much damage limitation as they possibly can.

I’m less inclined for that action if I’m honest. They must face up to their failures, face sanctions correcting their bastardised standing and recompense in monetary value and also in terms of apologies to every victim. Shutting them down just gives them closure.
They participated actively in some of the victims as they could of stopped it a lot sooner if they didn’t put their reputation and standing above that of a child’s welfare.
Definitely a club like no other utterly disgusting .

Anyone with half a brain cell will recognise just how ridiculous & dishonest this whole separate entity excuse is

But even allowing for this - I have to wonder why anyone would think this somehow absolves them of blame, guilt or responsibility ?

When the Gulf of Mexico oil spill occurred - B.P. were rightly punished for the actions of their sub-contractors
Can anyone argue that CFC didn't have a similar if not identical relationship with CBC ?

I'm not for a minute suggesting that the separate entity issue shouldn't be vigorously contested - but can't help thinking part of the argument still doesn't lessen their involvement or their guilt

I'm sure the legal bods will be more than aware of this - it's just that I don't recall this being mentioned anywhere ?
Celtic FC are attempting to worm their way out of this disgrace on the flimsiest of technicalities. They truly have no shame whatsoever.

No prizes for guessing who were supplying the trophies and making s few quid for himself and club directors into the bargain no doubt!

It just makes justice in Scotland a laughing stock with one sided inquiries like this was . Who in the name of a genuine search for truth set up that inquiry ? It was a complete insult to everyone's intelligence , especially the victims who have suffered far too much to be humliated by such a half arsed attempt at trying to get to the truth . The charlatans behind this fiasco must be made to explain themselves when the time comes hopefully in the not too distant future .
I don’t think there was any intention of, ‘getting to the truth’. It was all about making sure that a certain club escaped any liability.

The perpetrators of these heinous crimes were Celtic employees even if they want to go down the separate entity not affiliated route,In some ways it makes it even worse tricked young boys into believing they were somehow playing for the club they supported only to be abused by that very clubs employees while the officials of the club knew and turned a blind eye,There is no escaping Celtics culpability.

I honestly don’t remember that statement BN. It’s frankly beyond the comprehension of anyone who has an ounce of compassion in them. How could he flippantly state that because the victims were now adults that effectively it didn’t matter? Genuinely incredible.

Thanks to you, Mr Yossarian and others for the work you’ve done in trying to bring these despicable people to justice and trying to get some sort of closure for the kids that suffered at the hands of these monsters. This is NOT about football rivalry.

Scotland's government and governing organisations are infested with those disgusting excuses for human beings, it is obvious to all of us that this situation is controlled from top to bottom by Celtic their fan's, media, ruling football authorities, and the government, why else would this situation even exist, if they managed to infiltrate the judiciary as well, then we should be willing to support the victims in their quest to the supreme court and bypass this cesspit of a country.

I honestly don’t remember that statement BN. It’s frankly beyond the comprehension of anyone who has an ounce of compassion in them. How could he flippantly state that because the victims were now adults that effectively it didn’t matter? Genuinely incredible.

Thanks to you, Mr Yossarian and others for the work you’ve done in trying to bring these despicable people to justice and trying to get some sort of closure for the kids that suffered at the hands of these monsters. This is NOT about football rivalry.
It’s what we’ve been up against since the start. We had so many doors slammed in our faces but we kept going.

We also had to take it outside Scotland. We’ve clearly shown that the SNP want this to disappear. Why else would they not include these boys in an inquiry?

One evil bastard will hopefully appear tomorrow. I say hopefully due to the previous ones being delayed. Justice has to prevail.

This may be old news but just came across a documentary that features Stein and his glorified exploits on prime. ‘Three Kings’, I hope in the years to come there are some hard hitting documentaries that course correct the supposed achievements of pedo enablers like Mr Stein and affiliates of that club. Success but at what cost! Time to pay the piper.

The FBI charged several Pen State officials with failure to report suspected child abuse here ex-Celtic players were coming out in books telling people they knew about the child abuse and no criminal action was taken. The FBI also commissioned an independent report into the matter. In Scotland elected officials of the ruling party sit on twitter and say that legal tax loopholes were worse than industrial scale child abuse.

I'll never understand how ex-Celtic players could come out in a books and admit to knowing about child abuse without next to nothing be written or said about it in the press?

Spot on.

The perpetrators of these heinous crimes were Celtic employees even if they want to go down the separate entity not affiliated route,In some ways it makes it even worse tricked young boys into believing they were somehow playing for the club they supported only to be abused by that very clubs employees while the officials of the club knew and turned a blind eye,There is no escaping Celtics culpability.

Celtic FC employees abused children.

Celtic FC employees were aware that these Celtic FC employees abused children, and enabled it.

And yet Chris McLaughlin, a BBC journalist, did not mention Celtic FC as guilty.

Luckily we do have a limited number of journalists in Scotland with integrity.

Last edited:
Celtic FC employees abused children.

Celtic FC employees were aware that these Celtic FC employees abused children, and did enabled it.

And yet Chris McLaughlin, a BBC journalist, did not mention Celtic FC as guilty.

Luckily we do have a limited number of journalists in Scotland with integrity.
I’m down in England Grigo, but I looked at the BBC Scotland news via Sky when the class action story broke last week. I might be wrong, but I thought McLaughlin, despite as you say refusing to mention them, looked haunted. He knows all right!

I’m down in England Grigo, but I looked at the BBC Scotland news via Sky when the class action story broke last week. I might be wrong, but I thought McLaughlin, despite as you say refusing to mention them, looked haunted. He knows all right!

He knows Davie.

What annoys me is him trying to imply that his club did nothing wrong, and yet another few clubs such as Rangers, Thistle, Motherwell did.

There was one other Scottish club who deserve criticised, as paedophiles will follow children anywhere in life, albeit Hibs behaviour was nowhere near the extent of Celtic FC.

Rod Petrie of course is currently SFA President, so he had a clear interest, and had less moral authority than he should have had to deal with Celtic properly.

Last edited:
Back