Gerrard to Newcastle, we have seen this movie before

Because you don't get offered a job with those resources and turn it down. Especially if your a relative rookie of a manager plying your trade in this football backwater.

Personally, I don't think they will go for him.
I also don't think he'll get anywhere near the Liverpool job for what it's worth.
I won't be surprised if we are his sole gig in management and after us.....it's comfortable TV an punditary work all from the comfort and base of his own home.
Gotta be up there for crank post of the year this. What a steaming pile of manure

Lampard, Solskjaer and Arteta got jobs in the Premiership due to their affiliation with each club and the fact that they were all in a bit of a mess. I don’t think Lampard goes from Derby to any top English club other than Chelsea.

Solskjaer’s managerial record prior to landing the job at Old Trafford was poor. I’m not sure how he landed that job other than being seen as a legend by the support.

Newcastle United sit in 19th place. Their squad on the whole is stinking and their run of games prior to the transfer window is tough; Tottenham (h), Palace (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (a), Brentford (h), Arsenal (a), Norwich (h), Burnley (h), Leicester (a), Liverpool (a), Manchester City (h), Manchester United (h), Everton (a). They could be in a spot of trouble after those set of fixtures. The January transfer window also isn’t the best of windows and players brought in will need to settle half way through a season.

I don’t think any top manager will fancy this job at the moment. A bad start and they could be out on their arse months into it.

Certainly won’t be an Antonio Conte - I very much doubt he wants a project. More chance of an Eddie Howe, Lucian Favre, Paulo Fonseca, Vilas-Boas, Rino Gattuso, Jurgen Kilnsmann. Might be able to tempt someone like Valverde?

All the, he goes with my best wishes posts makes my eyes bleed, what a load of shit. I will be pissed off if leaves when we are into our season one that if we win we will gain automatic champs league entry and the turmoil of a whole coaching team leaving would put that in jeopardy, sorry but I support Rangers not Gerrard FC.
Relax.

He’s not going during this season.

All the SG to Newcastle talk is defo not just bookies hoping to lure casual betters into lumping a few quid on a name they know who just happens to be a favourite. The press would never collude in that either. Now where's my nearest bookie?

All the SG to Newcastle talk is defo not just bookies hoping to lure casual betters into lumping a few quid on a name they know who just happens to be a favourite. The press would never collude in that either. Now where's my nearest bookie?
A fool and his money are easily parted.

I’ll start with the nonsense that he will put his feet up after us and settle for being a pundit. Manure
Parhaps.
But he could put his feet up after us and earn a lucrative salary as a pundit. Like many of his fellow ex playing peers have done.
If his perfect job doesn't materialize for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a different direction.
It's an opinion on what could happen. If you don't agree with it - I won't lose any sleep.

If Gerrard delivers 56 and a cup or two then that will be a good end to his initially agreed 4 year tenure.

At that point you would expect him to evaluate his options, family situation etc and perhaps consider moving on which would be perfectly reasonable.

The fact that 56 sees us straight into the CL group stages is perhaps a curveball that will see him stay on longer as long as there’s already plans going on in the background about bringing in some quality players.

Poor Steve Bruce
People talking about who the Newcastle manager will be while he is still in the job.
He probably will get punted but it’s a bit disrespectful to talk about who is getting the job while he is still in the job

Heard a report on 5Live that Amanda Stavely would bring in Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan to aid the new manager with their knowledge of the club.

Maybe Gerrard will stay after all ???

What top manager would accept that?

Poor Steve Bruce
People talking about who the Newcastle manager will be while he is still in the job.
He probably will get punted but it’s a bit disrespectful to talk about who is getting the job while he is still in the job
Should have been less shit then

Heard a report on 5Live that Amanda Stavely would bring in Alan Shearer and Kevin Keegan to aid the new manager with their knowledge of the club.

Maybe Gerrard will stay after all ???

What top manager would accept that?
They will probably become club ambassadors.
They won’t get involved in the playing side.

Conte will/should be their target.

He'll be their target but that doesn't mean he'll be daft enough to take the job. Just about every club that suddenly came into mega money struggled for the first few years until the right infrastructure was in place. Conte wants to win now - he doesn't want to oversee some ten year project.

It's for similar reasons I don't think Gerrard would actually take it if they wanted him. The expectations coupled with what it'll actually take to turn Newcastle into league winners - and to attract the best players to live in/around Newcastle - is being overlooked by most of the media. Yeah, they should in time be winning league titles, but it still took City years to turn into a team capable of that. (It was quicker for Chelsea, but they already had a team capable of challenging before Abramovich came in and before appointing Mourinho.)

Personally, I hope it’s Joe Kinnear again and the owner is the type of nutter who will bring himself on as a substitute

#bitter #gerrardsherefor56

Skybet are offering odds of 7/1 for Morelos to go there in January. They have a big market of Newcastle specials . Probably looking for a few hopeful bets.

Lampard, Solskjaer and Arteta got jobs in the Premiership due to their affiliation with each club and the fact that they were all in a bit of a mess. I don’t think Lampard goes from Derby to any top English club other than Chelsea.

Solskjaer’s managerial record prior to landing the job at Old Trafford was poor. I’m not sure how he landed that job other than being seen as a legend by the support.

Newcastle United sit in 19th place. Their squad on the whole is stinking and their run of games prior to the transfer window is tough; Tottenham (h), Palace (a), Chelsea (h), Brighton (a), Brentford (h), Arsenal (a), Norwich (h), Burnley (h), Leicester (a), Liverpool (a), Manchester City (h), Manchester United (h), Everton (a). They could be in a spot of trouble after those set of fixtures. The January transfer window also isn’t the best of windows and players brought in will need to settle half way through a season.

I don’t think any top manager will fancy this job at the moment. A bad start and they could be out on their arse months into it.

Certainly won’t be an Antonio Conte - I very much doubt he wants a project. More chance of an Eddie Howe, Lucian Favre, Paulo Fonseca, Vilas-Boas, Rino Gattuso, Jurgen Kilnsmann. Might be able to tempt someone like Valverde?
Rino Guttuso could be a future Rangers manager ?

Poor Steve is about to get an £8m pay off.
Yeah, the same Steve Bruce that had previously signed for Sheffield Wed. a couple of weeks before Ashley came calling, not got much sympathy for him.
Will probably get another job in the Championship pretty quick.

With the funny money Newcastle are going to have at their disposal I doubt Gerrard will be anywhere near the conversation.

Rangers manager is one of the most prestigious jobs in football, especially a well run Rangers. Whenever we need a manager, the way the club is now, there will be no shortage of good candidates wanting to be manager here. This is a great club, and not many like it. In that respect, I have no concern about Gerrard being linked, however tenuous, with any job.

Back