Crowd trouble at England v Hungary game

I thought you asked a question to get an answer and I answered it. They won’t be getting soldiers on the streets to a few football fans either.
Ok, so let's say they started ripping up the seats and using them as missiles. Do they just stand back and allow it to carry on till they get fed up with it or do they get geared up and get in amongst them.

Its nothing to do with acting hard, it's their job to keep order.

Back in the old days the City Of Glasgow or Strathclyde Police would be right in there with their shirt and tie and shiny raincoats pulling people out the crowd, today’s Nippy Mhob in their wee black t-shirts and baseball caps seem happy to keep a safe distance behind a camera lens.
Now there's a host of fans, of all clubs/countries, with their phones out desperate for one of the officers to make a wrong move. The Police need to protect themselves at times too, tbf.

Ok, so let's say they started ripping up the seats and using them as missiles. Do they just stand back and allow it to carry on till they get fed up with it or do they get geared up and get in amongst them.

Its nothing to do with acting hard, it's their job to keep order.
Why are you getting angry at me as if I’m the police controller? They police proportionately without putting themselves and others in danger. If the situation changes then presumably the policing will change to protect people and try to diffuse the situation. If that doesn’t happen and they’re still rioting the next day then they’ll deal with that. How does any of that change what happened here?

Why are you getting angry at me as if I’m the police controller? They police proportionately without putting themselves and others in danger. If the situation changes then presumably the policing will change to protect people and try to diffuse the situation. If that doesn’t happen and they’re still rioting the next day then they’ll deal with that. How does any of that change what happened here?
I'm not angry at you. I admit from what I seen of that video, it's hardly worth the bother.

What I have noticed, is this seems to be a new tactic that's now deployed, let people get on with it and then we'll check videos.

I just feel that this is a dangerous road to go down as it may be too late for people who could be caught up in serious disorder.

I'm not angry at you. I admit from what I seen of that video, it's hardly worth the bother.

What I have noticed, is this seems to be a new tactic that's now deployed, let people get on with it and then we'll check videos.

I just feel that this is a dangerous road to go down as it may be too late for people who could be caught up in serious disorder.
The way they police now has evolved from the days of charging into groups of people. Policing and crowd behaviour experts who probably started as the officers charging into those crowds, then studied reactions and outcomes for years, coupled with modern filming and recognition technology have came up with these methods so they probably know a bit about it.

If it was your family member who could be killed versus a thug who threw some bottles or street furniture not being caught which would you prefer?

The way they police now has evolved from the days of charging into groups of people. Policing and crowd behaviour experts who probably started as the officers charging into those crowds, then studied reactions and outcomes for years, coupled with modern filming and recognition technology have came up with these methods so they probably know a bit about it.

If it was your family member who could be killed versus a thug who threw some bottles or street furniture not being caught which would you prefer?
The point I was trying to make, if they were to get into a habit of withdrawing, it could easily lead to a death. That's why I used the example of the polish women, who was unfortunate enough to stay above a shop they torched.

I'm not meaning to come across angry, if we were in the pub you would realise that I'm perfectly chilled.

Anyway, it's your shout, so I'll have a double voddy and lemonade.

Thats what Plod did during the 2016 Cup Final as Hubs fans attacked our players.

Time to ban them from europe and give us all their good players again.
The players are complicit in it,as if pointing to the respect badge shows some kind of solidarity,no,not enough and both UEFA and FIFA have to impose bans on these countries. Over the top? I don't think so,it's going beyond paltry fines and empty stadiums. If the authorities don't act,then they should be held accountable for the inaction.

Polish/Hungarian hooligans are some of the best in Europe. They know how to deal with the police, Eastern European hooliganism has been on the rise in recent years it’s like 1980s England but with gym nuts taking steroids and fighting in forests.

Polis wire in as they do, batons wielded, then go "%^*& this!"

No control whatsoever, just a bunch of fannies trying to deal with life's situation in this day and age and making a pig's arse of it.

Bring back hanging. First up Fanta Baws Stewart of BBC Scotland is my nomination for no other reason than that he's a proper cunt.

Difference is though we get treated worse by the police abroad than the locals, they're too heavy handed for (in my experience) being abit boisterous. So when you have these Hungry fans lookin to fight and cause trouble, then in my opinion they need to up their game and get coshin c#@&s
Genuinely though would you want our police to behave like they do in Europe? I wouldn

Back