Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m high end silver and was successful. I’m absolutely buzzing as it’s my first euro trip, the only issue is that I’m going myself. Anyone or group up for letting me tag along with them to share the experience??
Honestly you will be fine. I started doing the Euro trips years ago on my own and I know loads of people now. Once you start talking to other fans at the airport and on the flight you will make friends.

I’m high end silver and was successful. I’m absolutely buzzing as it’s my first euro trip, the only issue is that I’m going myself. Anyone or group up for letting me tag along with them to share the experience??
Out of interest, how many points do you have?
Thanks

the-lone-ranger1.jpg

Do the airport your in travelling to UK actually check it for you before you board ?
2 of my mates came back from Tenerife on Monday and they said they looked at name on form but never scanned the qr code and back here no one even asked fir it. They were speaking to a lad out there and he’s used the same code 4 times with no problems.

That's another con with these PCR tests, it would not let me complete and print out the PLF because I did not put down my seat number on the plane, that's ok if you were to buy your seat, what about the folks who don't buy there seats and get there seat when they check in, therefore you tend to buy your seat so you can upload your details long before you get to the airport.
When I went on holiday the tour operator sent boarding passes, so I had the seat numbers before I started to complete the form,
I guess you can check in online, 24 hours before your flight, with no extra cost for booking a seat, then complete the form,
Completing these forms are a pain in the arse but it's what you have to do if you want to travel.

When I went on holiday the tour operator sent boarding passes, so I had the seat numbers before I started to complete the form,
I guess you can check in online, 24 hours before your flight, with no extra cost for booking a seat, then complete the form,
Completing these forms are a pain in the arse but it's what you have to do if you want to travel.
Ive just started completing my form, had to stop at the part asking for seat details but have uploaded my qr code to show im double vaccinated

Yeah it's handy to set up an account and start to complete the form as it let's you see what's required, you won't be able to complete the form until 48 hours before your return flight is due to land in the UK,
Ive not even booked flights yet, still waiting to see if i get a ticket or not

That's another con with these PCR tests, it would not let me complete and print out the PLF because I did not put down my seat number on the plane, that's ok if you were to buy your seat, what about the folks who don't buy there seats and get there seat when they check in, therefore you tend to buy your seat so you can upload your details long before you get to the airport.
@OohAhHuistra gawny be some laugh trying to fill these in with the condition we will be in. Defo getting stranded in Hamburg

I am also successful on day trip but will likely be notifying Rangers that I am withdrawing.

I believed as I am double vaccinated I would not need to get involved in PCR nonsense - that looks like its all changed with this day 2 stuff.

Having been particularly ill with covid up to last week I will likely return positive. A first scan at snp gov documents states everyone must test on re-entry regardless of the 90 days previous covid thing which is an actual “do not PCR test this person” within the UK.

Total mess. Will keep reading tonight and notify Rangers as soon as possible.
I had Covid the beginning of Sept and was negative by the following week on the lateral flow.

Had to wrongly take a PCR test this month at the request of my work due to close contact and was also negative.

Can’t help you with this trip but I’d be happy to go with you in future.

You won’t be alone. Travelling abroad with the Rangers we’re all one big family. Enjoy it. One of the best experiences you’ll have as a supporter of our club. I doubt I’ll get a ticket but I’m sure plenty here will and you won’t be short of offers.

Done Legia Warsaw with travelclub ma mate pulled out
Ended up one of ma best trips and been on loads

I posted something similar on here before Moscow and ended up meeting guys that have become close friends and we’ve no been on 8 trips together as a group, your never alone on a Gers Euro trip!

I’m shitting myself reading these messages about tests etc, I’m flying out from / back into London. Getting a flight home to Glasgow but it’s not a connection (ie I need to leave the airport and go back through security etc again) - I thought all I needed to do was get a free test in Denmark but unsure now?

Edit: All of the party fully vaxxed.

Edit again: Looked again and think we only need to book a day 2 test and no test over there, looks like can get them third party for a few quid on site / tenner at home.

Last edited:
I’m shitting myself reading these messages about tests etc, I’m flying out from / back into London. Getting a flight home to Glasgow but it’s not a connection (ie I need to leave the airport and go back through security etc again) - I thought all I needed to do was get a free test in Denmark but unsure now?

Edit: All of the party fully vaxxed.

I don't think that changes anything. You'll need to book the day 2 test and show order reference on departure from Denmark. Where you go after landing in London doesn't change that.

There's no test needed in Denmark, just day 2 of your return, and even then it doesn't sound like they're following up on that.

I don't think that changes anything. You'll need to book the day 2 test and show order reference on departure from Denmark. Where you go after landing in London doesn't change that.

There's no test needed in Denmark, just day 2 of your return, and even then it doesn't sound like they're following up on that.
Cheers, if I book one of the on site tests for £1.89 (basically for the reference number) sounds like will be fine.

Where's doing them for that price mate
I went on here:

Sorted by price then went to Medicines Online Ltd (£1.89) - I checked the cheaper two ones but they had no availability, probably doesn’t matter as really only doing it for the reference number but wanted to make it somewhat believable.

Their website isn’t great but if you click “Covid Services” > Forward to page 2 > Day 2 Self Swab Unsupervised - Battersea.

Note: I’m not 100% on what I’m doing here so probably best to wait for someone else to confirm this will work.

I went on here:

Sorted by price then went to Medicines Online Ltd (£1.89) - I checked the cheaper two ones but they had no availability, probably doesn’t matter as really only doing it for the reference number but wanted to make it somewhat believable.

Their website isn’t great but if you click “Covid Services” > Forward to page 2 > Day 2 Self Swab Unsupervised - Battersea.

Note: I’m not 100% on what I’m doing here so probably best to wait for someone else to confirm this will work.
day 2 needs to be a PCR as it stands sent to ur house thats no good they ones I think

I went on here:

if we can use them mind you thats a good find

day 2 needs to be a PCR as it stands sent to ur house thats no good they ones
Not saying you’re wrong but I went direct from the site, all it says is:

“After you arrive in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2.

You must book this test before you travel.”

Then following the link later takes me to the link quoted above. Scotland rules look similar ie it doesn’t state needs to be swab at home from what I can see?

Not saying your wrong but I went direct from the site, all it says is:

“After you arrive in England you must take a COVID-19 test on or before day 2.

You must book this test before you travel.”

Then following the link later takes me to the link quoted above, Scotland rules look similar doesn’t state needs to be swab at home from what I can see?
Hopefully mate the cheaper the better as well

Hopefully mate the cheaper the better as well
Hopefully someone that’s clued up can confirm, hopefully they totally scrap the Day 2 testing before we go anyway as it’s a bit of a farce but not holding my breath.

Looks like can get the at home tests for a tenner in any case if I’m looking at the right section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back