Defoe self isolating

A RANGERS star was unable to attend his trial as he is on a Covid isolation.

Jermain Defoe was due to stand at Glasgow's Justice of the Peace court yesterday afternoon.

The 39-year-old, of Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire, was to face a single speeding charge.
Prosecutors state Defoe drove a black Range Rover Sport at 56 miles per hour in a 30 zone.
The alleged offence is said to have taken place on December 28, 2020 on the A730, Mill Street, between Millburn Avenue and Mill Court in Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire.

Procurator fiscal depute Jennifer Gilmour told the court that she was given a reason for Defoe's non-attendance.

Justice of the Peace Colin Machment asked what the reason was.

Miss Gilmour replied: "Covid isolation."

The matter was continued without a plea and a further hearing was fixed for later this month.

A RANGERS star was unable to attend his trial as he is on a Covid isolation.

Jermain Defoe was due to stand at Glasgow's Justice of the Peace court yesterday afternoon.

The 39-year-old, of Bearsden, East Dunbartonshire, was to face a single speeding charge.
Prosecutors state Defoe drove a black Range Rover Sport at 56 miles per hour in a 30 zone.
The alleged offence is said to have taken place on December 28, 2020 on the A730, Mill Street, between Millburn Avenue and Mill Court in Rutherglen, South Lanarkshire.

Procurator fiscal depute Jennifer Gilmour told the court that she was given a reason for Defoe's non-attendance.

Justice of the Peace Colin Machment asked what the reason was.

Miss Gilmour replied: "Covid isolation."

The matter was continued without a plea and a further hearing was fixed for later this month.
Was half expecting it to be like 40 in a 30 or 80 in a 70 zone or something

56 in a 30 is a bit out of character what i'd expect from Defoe. Needs to slow down jeez.

Is that something you would normally be taken to court for ?

Court seems a bit harsh but it is dangerous I guess.
He maybe rejected the points and fine. A top lawyer could probably save his licence if he’s on the verge of disqualification. Although with it being nearly double the limit they might’ve decided to take him to court rather than a fixed fine and points.

Court for that?

That road is average speed camera and easy to speed on in all honesty
Absolutely. I think 30mph the limit is an instant ban, so 26mph over definitely merits a day in court. And if we’re being brutally honest, he should almost certainly lose his licence for doing twice the speed limit in a 30 zone.

Was half expecting it to be like 40 in a 30 or 80 in a 70 zone or something

56 in a 30 is a bit out of character what i'd expect from Defoe. Needs to slow down jeez.

Depends on the time of day.

Plenty folk drive faster when the roads are deserted.

43829741-0-image-a-2_1622809129794.jpg

Back