Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could buy a cheap return from London to get the points. People would happily pay, say, £50 to get 15 points
That wouldn’t work as your booking reference and surname typed into the airline website would confirm you weren’t going to the host city, For me this works

I was day trip so wasn’t aware of the issues until the boys arrived at the pub after the Benidorm bus trip

Heard there was some handbags and the rangers security guys got absolute pelters. Had some sympathy for the club as you could see issues miles off with numerous buses all arriving same time

You’ll remember the shambles in Osijek too, one minute that wee pub was relaxed/ordering food etc then next minute the Budapest buses arrive and they ran out of drink :D. People getting told they couldn’t leave the compound for a cargo either
4 of us just decided to walk up to the ground as there had been problems the week before in Skopje next we knew Polis car swerved in to stop us and 2 robocops then started quizzing us about out intentions and quickly ordered us back to thet sports hall/bar........ mental but trying to get in to the ground was crazy

They could dish them out in Glasgow airport?

That would save pain over there for a lot of folk, passports in hand too.
They will do that for the official TC day trip,but that only accounts for about 180 out of our full allocation.
Independent travelers go by 100 different routes starting out all over the country.

People fly into likes of Germany then travel by car etc, who’s to say some aren’t going via Hamburg? Doesn’t work
Mind when they were asking for the itineraries for Luxembourg the 2nd game the daft boot in the TO looked at me as if I was at it when I said I was getting a bus from Glasgow :D

In theory if someone wanted to drive from Glasgow they cant prove it and TO would still have to give the ticket surely

£1.86 for a covid test??? Pretty good value
Is that saying you have to pay to get your result certificate?
Maybe just good to go and buy the cheap test for the sake of getting the ref number for the PLF, then don't bother doing the test when you get home , I guess it's up to the individual what he/she wants to do ,
Are they going to check up? Highly Unlikely IMO, but there is always the chance they will.

Right troops, to save going through 68 pages of posts, is it just a case of going on StubHub and buying tickets for the "Nordea Tribunen section" (red seats) beside the "Away section" at 67 euros per ticket? Thanks in advance

£9.99 will be the cheapest test option they offer, just to confirm there’s no need to book an at home test - here’s my convo re the £1.83 on site option:

@JamieBTB @das - may also be of interest.

But as @butcherboy mentions the process is likely to change at the end of this month so I’d hold off booking anything just now.
I thought you had to book a 2 day PCR test after you return to Scotland, do the swab yourself then send in post,is the test that company are selling for £1.83 a LF or a PCR test?
As you say the rules might change, but ScotGov always try and be different from the UK GOV for a time,
As I said on another post, you can buy the cheap test for the sake of getting the ref number for the PLF ,then don't do the test,

People fly into likes of Germany then travel by car etc, who’s to say some aren’t going via Hamburg? Doesn’t work
So they pick up. Simple. My point still stands, if you’ve got a genuine flight booked from your location to the host city which provides you with a reference no that can be checked online, then postage should be a option. It’s takes literally 30 secs for a ticket centre staff to type in a reference no and a surname into KLM or BAs website.

Anyway the way things are going, I’ll be glad of a ticket from anywhere!!! B-D

This is reminding me when Murty was in charge and waiting for some sort of news for a new manager coming in.

So they pick up. Simple. My point still stands, if you’ve got a genuine flight booked from your location to the host city which provides you with a reference no that can be checked online, then postage should be a option. It’s takes literally 30 secs for a ticket centre staff to type in a reference no and a surname into KLM or BAs website.

You can book a flight into Copenhagen the now for £25 pound

Whats to say your pal who is not My Gers books up then also pays for you to book the £25 flight to get the ticket then you pass it to them

Collection for everyone or nothing

No, I mean they book a cheap flight to an airport close by with no intention of going just for the points

£50 is nothing, 15 points are worth it

No, I mean they book a cheap flight to an airport close by with no intention of going just for the points

£50 is nothing, 15 points are worth it
You’d like to think your average Anglo Saxon Protestant bear wouldn’t dream of doing that but then again some folk will, hopefully just a small minority!

Most euro travellers go weird and wonderful routes I'm flying from Stansted which is nowhere near my home and it is 2 single flights so do they check both?

For lyon I fly to Geneva not lyon so again wouldn't meet your criteria. All flights could have been around £20 so probably cheap for 15 and help a pal with tickets.

I'm then flying back to Birmingham which is again nowhere near where I stay but suits me. If I didn't know that I was going I'd say it looks a bit bogus :))

Can see the benefits of both city pick up and posted out tickets

City pick up works if people are there early and the venue is easy to find and is somewhere central. The main drawback is people arrive near kick off and travel delays happen

posted out tickets works as it’s one less potential obstacle in trying to find the pick up place but is rife to “points harvesting” and fake itineraries

I thought you had to book a 2 day PCR test after you return to Scotland, do the swab yourself then send in post,is the test that company are selling for £1.83 a LF or a PCR test?
As you say the rules might change, but ScotGov always try and be different from the UK GOV for a time,
As I said on another post, you can buy the cheap test for the sake of getting the ref number for the PLF ,then don't do the test,
You need to book it before you arrive home as need the reference to put on the locator form, it has to be done within 2 days. Seems to be a misconception needs to be a home test, these companies clearly selling ~£2 on site tests as know majority are just doing it for ref num and wont turn up. Not sure details of test just know it fulfils day 2 requirement.

£9.99 will be the cheapest test option they offer, just to confirm there’s no need to book an at home test - here’s my convo re the £1.83 on site option:

@JamieBTB @das - may also be of interest.

But as @butcherboy mentions the process is likely to change at the end of this month so I’d hold off booking anything just now.
What site is this?

Mind when they were asking for the itineraries for Luxembourg the 2nd game the daft boot in the TO looked at me as if I was at it when I said I was getting a bus from Glasgow :D

In theory if someone wanted to drive from Glasgow they cant prove it and TO would still have to give the ticket surely
I did drive Glasgow to Luxembourg for that game, just submitted the eurotunnel booking confirmation.
If it had been challenged, I’m not sure how I could have proved that I was actually going to Luxembourg as we stayed in Belgium and travelled in and out on the day of the game.

No different to buying rangers tv that they will never watch, programmes they will never read, women's games for the points or any of the other rubbish they try to sell us with the lure of points :))
Thankfully I done none of that haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back