150th Anniversary Top (Pic)

It’s quite smart but it would have been better if the button up was down the middle of the jersey (rather than to the right, looks a bit odd) and a it had the blue star.

I like it, but the Castore logo bothers me though. Could they not have had just the badge. Maybe move the Castore logo somewhere else, bottom corner perhaps? Or just the inside label.

As mentioned by others the original shirt with the blue star was worn on the morning of the cup final,

As far as I'm aware our founders were members of the clyde rowing club and the kit they wore in the photo is the CRC kit

I'm guessing they own the rights to the blue star badge?

As an aside if anyone wants to see what a Clyde rowing club shirt looks like there's one on display at the Riverside Museum,
Sadly not one the originals wore in the 19th century but still the original design

Love the top, just wish the Castore badge was on the back of the neck area, so that it focussed more on the nostalgic look back in time in , it better be 100% cotton to boot nae shiny stuff to keep it as authentic as possible , should weigh a tonne when wet. (yours truly Moses.)

The original strip with the blue star wasn't a rangers strip, it was borrowed for the photo but never worn in a match. That'll be why they haven't used the star.

Having said that, this strip is obviously modelled on it

I absolutely love it. !!!! ....... but please Rangers don't jinx it by making the players wear it on Saturday. The 3 points are more important than a marketing opportunity.

TJ0015RA_A_2048x.jpg

I understand why they’ve got the off centre buttons, but putting the Castore badge right next to them makes it looks crammed and kills, what would otherwise be, a very classy top.

Even a small Castore badge on each arm would have been better imvho.

As mentioned by others the original shirt with the blue star was worn on the morning of the cup final,

As far as I'm aware our founders were members of the clyde rowing club and the kit they wore in the photo is the CRC kit

As an aside if anyone wants to see what a Clyde rowing club shirt looks like there's one on display at the Riverside Museum,
Sadly not one the originals wore in the 19th century but still the original design
This makes sense re-the blue star crest.

Do you know why the buttons are to the side ? Part of the original kit ?
That's right mate. I wasn't aware of this but I searched the Gallant Pioneers picture and they are indeed to the side.

Would have loved the star too but I'm presuming that Clyde ARC would own and therefore require some sort of cut of the sales. Just my own thoughts though.

It’s quite smart but it would have been better if the button up was down the middle of the jersey (rather than to the right, looks a bit odd) and a it had the blue star.
The buttons are off centre as that's what the original was like.

What’s the sizing like with Castore shirts. I’m a medium which is normally 38-40 but the size guide on the website says a medium is 40-42?

Desperate to get one of these but don’t want to order the wrong size? I’ve not bought any of the Castore tops so no idea about the fit on them.

I don't buy many kits, I got the 55 shirt and I don't think I will be able to resist with this one either.Hopefully they have anticipated the stock levels that are going to be required here.this will be a huge seller...

What’s the sizing like with Castore shirts. I’m a medium which is normally 38-40 but the size guide on the website says a medium is 40-42?

Desperate to get one of these but don’t want to order the wrong size? I’ve not bought any of the Castore tops so no idea about the fit on them.
I've got the home in a medium and it just fits like any other top tbh

That nails it.
Moses McNeil approves.

Love the top, but....
To me the badge looks messy inside the shield, and kind of similar to Dundee crest.
Might look different in person though, so will hold my thoughts until seen. Then may buy it

Do you know why the buttons are to the side ? Part of the original kit ?
That's right mate. I wasn't aware of this but I searched the Gallant Pioneers picture and they are indeed to the side.

Would have loved the star too but I'm presuming that Clyde ARC would own and therefore require some sort of cut of the sales. Just my own thoughts though.

Our Founders weren’t members of Clyde Rowing Club.The 1877 team photograph is black and white.How do we know the star was blue?

I think it looks stunning.

Obviously some resemblance to the rowing kit but I'd love to know if anyone actually knows what we wore in our first few games.

The earliest web mock-ups are shown as from 1873. I wonder if the club has information that maybe we actually wore all white before we got the the blue strips right back in 1872 - or even if the earliest games were without strips at all.

I think it looks stunning.

Obviously some resemblance to the rowing kit but I'd love to know if anyone actually knows what we wore in our first few games.

The earliest web mock-ups are shown as from 1873. I wonder if the club has information that maybe we actually wore all white before we got the the blue strips right back in 1872 - or even if the earliest games were without strips at all.
The boys played their first few games in their civvies.

The first strip we registered was a royal blue jersey,white shorts and blue and white hooped socks.

Back