Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand the clamour for collections, but Villarreal was a shit show by all accounts.

Why anyone wants that additional hassle, who had a ticket, I’ve no idea.

Of course, those missing out, it’s a fair gripe, but really, you’re talking about 100 or so tickets that might not be allocated correctly.

The TO is short staffed, low in quality - do you really want them missing again for a few more days?
I’m guaranteed every European game but I’d rather collect in the city

Why should I pay £500+ per trip whilst someone can get same points for not leaving their house?

Club being short staffed isn’t my issue, the systems openly being abused and fans are paying £1m+ a season and 90% don’t have a chance at tickets

Well because every gold member will want to stay gold so they're applying for a ticket regardless just incase Rangers do exactly what they're doing and posting the tickets. (They get their points even though they're not going)

Over 100 tickets will end up in the hands of non gold possibly even non My Gers members.
Yes when they purchase and resell, I’ve got about 1540 but not got much hope.

Why should I pay £500+ per trip whilst someone can get same points for not leaving their house?

Club being short staffed isn’t my issue, the systems openly being abused and fans are paying £1m+ a season and 90% don’t have a chance at tickets
If collections are in my hotel, fine. Otherwise I cba going out my way

I can understand the clamour for collections, but Villarreal was a shit show by all accounts.

Why anyone wants that additional hassle, who had a ticket, I’ve no idea.

Of course, those missing out, it’s a fair gripe, but really, you’re talking about 100 or so tickets that might not be allocated correctly.

The TO is short staffed, low in quality - do you really want them missing again for a few more days?

Pick ups are a disgrace to be honest.

12 buses all turning up at once waiting in queue for an hour at least whilst you could be sitting enjoying a refreshment and not getting worked up.

The time it took in Maribor was shocking and the heat was that bad some old boy collapsed.

I wouldn’t have wanted to be m the SLO or Craig Houston that day it was getting very very inpatient and that’s being kind :eek: .

If you’re over 1587 points you can buy now.
Ticket will be there but requirement to buy will not.
Been a long term TC member and understand those that just wanted to travel to European games. MyGers is more general and I don’t have a problem with club using it as a loyalty scheme.
I have only bought RTV and feel my points justify the support I have given the club over the years.
CCCS of old was just a tick box and I ended up with 3 away tickets a year 2 of which were usually Kilmarnock. The MyGers is flawed but much better in my view.
I understand that it is difficult for younger members to up their points and is a flaw.
Over the years however I have wanted a more rewarding system for the loyalty I feel I have given the club and when questionnaire came out this system was probably as close to my ideal as possible.
Sorry if it upsets so many on here and lots of my bus too.
This older bear is happy to be travelling in Europe again and hopefully MyGers will evolve into something the majority can support in the future.
I also support anyones right to criticise the current set up.

Looks like I won’t be getting an away day for about 10 years, no issue with folk who have been going for years and years getting tickets.

The only thing I wonder is, how can one move up the tiers if they don’t get the points for being unsuccessful or if a small portion aren’t distributed between lower tiered members.

Especially in the case of younger guys like myself.
Especially when the points are 15.

Pick ups are a disgrace to be honest.

12 buses all turning up at once waiting in queue for an hour at least whilst you could be sitting enjoying a refreshment and not getting worked up.

The time it took in Maribor was shocking and the heat was that bad some old boy collapsed.

I wouldn’t have wanted to be m the SLO or Craig Houston that day it was getting very very inpatient and that’s being kind :eek: .
too kind

If collections are in my hotel, fine. Otherwise I cba going out my way
I know of a couple of people not on my bus that applied on behalf of others and were panicking about how to fake an itinerary

They’re now buzzing that they’ve got 15 points for nothing as they’ve already got buyers did their tickets.

Collection is a pain in the arse but these guys are gaming the system and getting same amount of points as me for actually going to the game? The club is full of simpletons

Brutal when you've someone on here last night going on her first ever euro trip and was successful. Stinks!
I understand frustration at missing out but I think your response comes across as hostile and un-necessary . It’s hardly like I’m some random off the street that’s got a ticket. I spend a lot of money supporting Rangers, I just haven’t been to a European away game. Doesn’t make me any less of a supporter. I was so happy last night and shared that I was even going myself. Thankfully I got a lot of positive comments back from fans in the EveryoneAnyone mindset.

Covid doesn’t impact club officials going on the official day trip though? Doesn’t affect Greg mingling with fans at domestic away games?

Between the 4 club officials that travel over, they could’ve sorted out the city collection

Not as if they’d be going back on the club flight
If corporate not allowed on it can’t see TO staff. Think we may even see Greg on a Ryanair flight.

You are paying the £500+ because you actually want to be there. The collection point doesn't change that.

I'm aware of the point you are making & I have never had hassle with any City collection (even Villarreal was a doddle for me)) but sending folk around Europe to dish out tickets in the current climate might not sit well with some staff.

My only issue was when the used to say collection only from Ibrox!!!! Now that was a GTF idea

1587 points when only basically half an official fight taking tickets. Might have been nearly 1700 if they had two full planes going.

You are paying the £500+ because you actually want to be there. The collection point doesn't change that.

I'm aware of the point you are making & I have never had hassle with any City collection (even Villarreal was a doddle for me)) but sending folk around Europe to dish out tickets in the current climate might not sit well with some staff.

My only issue was when the used to say collection only from Ibrox!!!! Now that was a GTF idea
Collection point would put off people buying that had no intention of going and genuine travellers, such as my pals in silver on 10+ TC games, would have a better chance

I realise this game won’t go to silver but going forward

Collection point would put off people buying that had no intention of going and genuine travellers, such as my pals in silver on 10+ TC games, would have a better chance

I realise this game won’t go to silver but going forward
I see what your saying but how many people on nearly 1600 points ain’t going? I’d think maybe a few dozen.

I understand frustration at missing out but I think your response comes across as hostile and un-necessary . It’s hardly like I’m some random off the street that’s got a ticket. I spend a lot of money supporting Rangers, I just haven’t been to a European away game. Doesn’t make me any less of a supporter. I was so happy last night and shared that I was even going myself. Thankfully I got a lot of positive comments back from fans in the EveryoneAnyone mindset.
Far from it, it would've been if i had missed out. I just don't think the system should be allowing regulars to miss out for anyone who has never or rarely been.

I see what your saying but how many people on nearly 1600 points ain’t going? I’d think maybe a few dozen.
I know of a handful that chanced it incase it was a fake itinerary, now they don’t even need to go to that effort :D

They’re helping out TC regulars

There’s already texts going about regarding spares mate, I’d have likely been sorted already if I wasn’t successful

For me, MyGers is broken.

In the last 6 weeks alone I have spent over £1200 with Rangers and got, I think, 45 MyGers points for the privilege. It's not a competition on how much you can spend and I'd never buy anything that I don't want or need but...

Some high gold members will sit on their tod, spend £24+ postage, resell the ticket and get 15 points.

Where is the equality? MyGers is a revenue generating scheme for the club, nothing more, nothing less yet the points attributed (or lack of) are way off the mark for some things.

To be honest it’s additional costs we could do without. If this was a Council event folk would be going tonto over a jolly.

The TO staff precovid were already working in the portacabin every day so it cost nothing extra for them to be giving them out as part of their day job.

Villarreal and, Progress first time round as I arrived at the hotel straight behind 2 buses, was carnage.

If anyone thinks collections in the city on the day of the game stops tickets exchanging hands they are mistaken.

Far from it, it would've been if i had missed out. I just don't think the system should be allowing regulars to miss out for anyone who has never or rarely been.
Rangers could never run an official flight then, which they should always be striving to do. Therefore I think they’re entitled to fill the plane by any means necessary - this has always been what has happened.

Got one thought it would have been a lot lower points disappointing that it isn't pick up in the city. Folk will be gaining points and no travelling for sure when folk on 10+ TC points in the old system aren't getting near a ticket. Mygers should have ran along side the travel club.

Rangers could never run an official flight then, which they should always be striving to do. Therefore I think they’re entitled to fill the plane by any means necessary - this has always been what has happened.
I was meaning more how the TC is no longer a thing. All these guys would be sorted if it was.

And anyone with zero TC points would certainly not be getting on an official flight for this.

It’s a disgrace that it won’t be collection in the city. How can the club veer from one position to the other over this I don’t know. Fans missing out when spending hundreds of pounds in travel over someone registering and passing the ticket on the isn’t right. Neither is the fans who are going massively out of their way in attending accumulating the valuable loyalty points whilst others accrue the same points for doing nothing.

So if you were successful on the day trip, why are you still getting an email from rangers to buy another ticket via mygers when you have enough points? Shambles

To be honest it’s additional costs we could do without. If this was a Council event folk would be going tonto over a jolly.

The TO staff precovid were already working in the portacabin every day so it cost nothing extra for them to be giving them out as part of their day job.

Villarreal and, Progress first time round as I arrived at the hotel straight behind 2 buses, was carnage.

If anyone thinks collections in the city on the day of the game stops tickets exchanging hands they are mistaken.
Additional costs? What £400 per person?

We’re paying £1m+ and even more with associated purchases each season. If we can’t afford that then what kind of financial position are we in

For me, MyGers is broken.

In the last 6 weeks alone I have spent over £1200 with Rangers and got, I think, 45 MyGers points for the privilege. It's not a competition on how much you can spend and I'd never buy anything that I don't want or need but...

Some high gold members will sit on their tod, spend £24+ postage, resell the ticket and get 15 points.

Where is the equality? MyGers is a revenue generating scheme for the club, nothing more, nothing less yet the points attributed (or lack of) are way off the mark for some things.
I can’t wait to post later, o might dig through the archives and bump my old posts

Loyalty scheme my arse

Even in the days of the travel club there were occasions where people on lower TC points got tickets by going on the official flight ahead of higher points members who went indy.
It’s not a new situation, and any anger at that is badly misplaced.
I’m sure that you’ll enjoy your trip. The first few euro trips that I did were by myself going on the official trip and had a great time. As others said last night, you’ll meet plenty folk and only need to be truly alone if you want to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back