Brondby Away, Copenhagen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even in the days of the travel club there were occasions where people on lower TC points got tickets by going on the official flight ahead of higher points members who went indy.
It’s not a new situation, and any anger at that is badly misplaced.
I’m sure that you’ll enjoy your trip. The first few euro trips that I did were by myself going on the official trip and had a great time. As others said last night, you’ll meet plenty folk and only need to be truly alone if you want to be!
Not zero points and not for an allocation of 1400

Just feel for guys who have travelled a lot abroad and missing out.

Seeing as I’ve purchased my ticket. I’m now going to make a swift exit from this thread before I get caught up in the Mygers debate.
Thing is, it’s this attitude that means nothing will change

People get sorted themselves so say “fuck it, don’t agree with things but I have my ticket so not overly fussed”. I’ve been sorted every game and still fighting the battle

TC should never have been added to mygers and mygers is a Ponzi scheme. Join the campaign

So if you were successful on the day trip, why are you still getting an email from rangers to buy another ticket via mygers when you have enough points? Shambles
I didn’t apply for both but if people have then you could get a few more sneaking in.

2nd ballot for Euro Aways B-)

Missed out as expected and hopefully sorted with a home end ticket but it's a shame myself and others that had built up decent TC points are missing out.

Thing is, it’s this attitude that means nothing will change

People get sorted themselves so say “fuck it, don’t agree with things but I have my ticket so not overly fussed”. I’ve been sorted every game and still fighting the battle

TC should never have been added to mygers and mygers is a Ponzi scheme. Join the campaign
It’s just this one time I genuinely can’t be arsed with the debate to be honest.

In my opinion there has to be an alternative to Mygers and the old scheme. Which was shambolic. That’s all I’m going to say on the matter.

Am I getting it correct that they have instead of balloting Gold, Silver and Bronze as normal, created 3 tiers within the current gold tier?

100s of fans forced into the home end due to greed from the club, any bother at the game and the blame lies with them.

Why is it anything to do with Rangers that people are going in the Home end?

If the allocation was done different (& I'm a supporter of a separate TC ) then those that missed out under those rules would be the one's going in the home end. Simple supply & demand issue.

If the allocation was done different (& I'm a supporter of a separate TC ) then those that missed out under those rules would be the one's going in the home end. Simple supply & demand issue.
Because the people that aren’t regulars wouldn’t have bothered travelling and sitting in the home end

Am I getting it correct that they have instead of balloting Gold, Silver and Bronze as normal, created 3 tiers within the current gold tier?

Yes but for Euro away ties it was never a ballot and always done on number of points.

It’s now forcing people like myself former travel club member high silver my Gers etc to get tickets in the home end at away European games surely defeating the whole allocation premise.To say it’s an absolute shambles is the understatement of the century.

Finally got mine purchased. Travel club should’ve been kept in place. So many familiar faces you see on most euro away trips that have followed rangers abroad for years.

Not zero points and not for an allocation of 1400

Just feel for guys who have travelled a lot abroad and missing out.
The club has always prioritised the official flight(s), everyone knows that. That is what it is.
I want the TC to be separate, but it’s not anymore and the poster in question has followed our club enough to be at a points level where she was able to get on the trip, so it’s not zero points.
I feel for our supporters who were regular at euros and havent got a ticket too, but to come across angry at another fellow supporter who was successful is not right.

Far from it, it would've been if i had missed out. I just don't think the system should be allowing regulars to miss out for anyone who has never or rarely been.
There will flaws in any system that is used. Yes there will be people who had a lot of the travel club points that have missed out, but I bet some of them are also ones that don’t go to early cup rounds like Dunfermline etc.
You and others have also pointed out that there is a large number of people in gold that will accrue more points but pass their tickets on. Direct your frustration/opinions to them, not an actual fan who is investing hundreds of £’s directly to Rangers in order to try and move to a gold tier which seems to be almost impossible.

I don’t think we’ll agree so no need to discuss further. I look forward to enjoying the experience regardless.

Anyone that was successful with Mygers and also bought a home end ticket/tickets give me a private message and I'll take them off your hands.

Kinda wish I was scammed out of my ticket now so I’d have a genuine reason to be raging with the utter clowns that work at the club. So happy the penny is now dropping with people

Empty the commercial, mygers and ticket office departments and get people in who are actually able to do a proper job.

MyGers makes over £1m a year yet we can’t afford for a couple of club staff to go to a host city and distribute tickets? Don’t make me laugh. Who’s giving the tickets to the official day trip members then?

£1m+ per year for memberships, thousands more £ with associated purchases, and people can sit at home and get 15 points for a £24 purchase which equates to 15 programmes at £95+

There will flaws in any system that is used. Yes there will be people who had a lot of the travel club points that have missed out, but I bet some of them are also ones that don’t go to early cup rounds like Dunfermline etc.
You and others have also pointed out that there is a large number of people in gold that will accrue more points but pass their tickets on. Direct your frustration/opinions to them, not an actual fan who is investing hundreds of £’s directly to Rangers in order to try and move to a gold tier which seems to be almost impossible.

I don’t think we’ll agree so no need to discuss further. I look forward to enjoying the experience regardless.
Enjoy mate, my first euro away was absolutely tremendous and we got a decent result too.

Kinda wish I was scammed out of my ticket now so I’d have a genuine reason to be raging with the utter clowns that work at the club. So happy the penny is now dropping with people

Empty the commercial, mygers and ticket office departments and get people in who are actually able to do a proper job.

MyGers makes over £1m a year yet we can’t afford for a couple of club staff to go to a host city and distribute tickets? Don’t make me laugh. Who’s giving the tickets to the official day trip members then?

£1m+ per year for memberships, thousands more £ with associated purchases, and people can sit at home and get 15 points for a £24 purchase which equates to 15 programmes at £95+

The staff in all three mentioned are atrocious.

Simple stuff like testing on their live environment (we have seen things on the live website a few times now which point to this) is terrible practice.

That is just one of probably hundreds of things they are getting wrong, but in an IT world that is pretty basic stuff.

If anyone knows of or has spares for the home end, give me a shout.

Likewise!!

10s of people maybe not 100s

The staff in all three mentioned are atrocious.

Simple stuff like testing on their live environment (we have seen things on the live website a few times now which point to this) is terrible practice.

That is just one of probably hundreds of things they are getting wrong, but in an IT world that is pretty basic stuff.
Each department is filled with morons, basic customer service skills are lacking in abundance

I’d get rid of the managers as a starting point. Imagine communication this poor in a financial services company? They’d be out on their arses pronto and performance managed out

I’ll need to take a step back I think because I’m getting really pissed off

So accurate. It’s never been worse than this shambles.

Im still hopeful I’ll get a ticket, but I shouldn’t be sitting here not knowing 9 days after the window closed.

So accurate. It’s never been worse than this shambles.

Im still hopeful I’ll get a ticket, but I shouldn’t be sitting here not knowing 9 days after the window closed.
Guys like you pay 4x the cost of my ST and yous are treated like an after thought

More concerned about the next revenue stream they can rinse fans for rather than looking after loyal customers

Hope this is being fed back @Greg Marshall

Because the people that aren’t regulars wouldn’t have bothered travelling and sitting in the home end

Strum Graz (1st time) , I was in the home end with 3 lads I took with me. 2 of them had never seen Rangers play before. The joys of Euro Travel are a powerful draw. ;)

I’m highish silver so missed out. I have no problem missing out to guys on higher points that are genuinely travelling over for the game. They have spent their money and are higher up the scheme than me, that’s absolutely fine.
I DO have a problem with the way Rangers have made it possible for hundreds to play the system to ensure they will always be in the top points tier despite not travelling to matches. Posting the tickets out for this one is an absolute joke to be honest. I would say I’m shocked, but I’d be lying.

Surely Brondby knew they wouldn't sell out and would've been advised Rangers fans would take home end tickets next to away fans. Why didn't they just give us a bigger allocation.

Like the Braga nonsense all over again.

Under 2k tickets but over 5000 bears in the one stand, 0 points for us not able to get a ticket in the 20 second sale window before Hamilton away.

I’m highish silver so missed out. I have no problem missing out to guys on higher points that are genuinely travelling over for the game. They have spent their money and are higher up the scheme than me, that’s absolutely fine.
I DO have a problem with the way Rangers have made it possible for hundreds to play the system to ensure they will always be in the top points tier despite not travelling to matches. Posting the tickets out for this one is an absolute joke to be honest. I would say I’m shocked, but I’d be lying.
It’s a disgrace mate.

I wish others supported my endeavours 20 months ago, this could’ve been avoided if enough petitioned for TC to be annexed

I have got my ticket but like other posters I can’t believe that they aren’t making it collection over there. I don’t particularly blame people for now exploiting the system as that is always likely to happen. What gets me is that the club actually went so far as to have RSC secretaries in to a meeting because they were worried that songs may be sung at a Euro tie that could lead to a stadium closure. Yet now they are making it easier for tickets to be sold on to complete randoms? Yet another shambles.

Like the Braga nonsense all over again.

Under 2k tickets but over 5000 bears in the one stand, 0 points for us not able to get a ticket in the 20 second sale window before Hamilton away.
Knew of at least 10 people, maybe even has high as 15 that ended up at the game that night who have hardly been to any games and that was their first away day.

Hope you’re enjoying it buddy, it’s back to old times

Might need @Valley Bluenose to do an audit of my posts from this point on to ensure they’re PC
You're doing great for a guy who was 'taking a step back'.;)

I'm intrigued by all the posts saying folk who've been successful will sell their tickets on, take the MyGers points and not bother with the match because they can do so as its not collection in venue.

I've long stated that folk in Gold are in there because they deserve to be there. Most certainly from follow-following here, there and everywhere. For sure, some might decide they can't make the trip anymore, having applied for tickets, but surely the numbers we are talking here are minimal? Its possible to 'game' the system here, I get that, but is the feeling really that significant numbers will do so - given they are all in Gold due to their commitment to following Rangers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back