150th Anniversary Top (Pic)

1. Take a closer look at said photo regarding the buttons

2. It isn’t a Rangers crest, it belongs to a Rowing Club which is still in existence

3. Don’t slabber a lot of pish

Did you design the top or something? You seem to be getting very defensive anytime someone has something critical to say.

You also seem to struggle with anyone on the internet having a differing a differing opinion.

Think you need to log out for an hour or two.

Never mind the outfield shirt it's alright. Hopefully they make a long sleeve version.

Give me more photos of that goalie top!

1. Take a closer look at said photo regarding the buttons

2. It isn’t a Rangers crest, it belongs to a Rowing Club which is still in existence

3. Don’t slabber a lot of pish

Are you suggesting Clyde Rowing Club own exclusive rights to use the 6-cornered star on sportswear in Britain?

Lol.

Did you design the top or something? You seem to be getting very defensive anytime someone has something critical to say.

You also seem to struggle with anyone on the internet having a differing a differing opinion.

Think you need to log out for an hour or two.
People can be critical without talking shite or claiming we haven’t included a Rowing Club’s logo for fear of upsetting Michael Stewart FFS.

Someone criticising the top because of offset buttons not matching the original, which had offset buttons, should be told they’re wrong.

I’m lying on my couch, perfectly chilled mate, thanks for the concern. Maybe you should heed your own advice after your toys out the pram tantrum over the top earlier on?

Are you suggesting Clyde Rowing Club own exclusive rights to use the 6-cornered star on sportswear in Britain?

Lol.
I’m suggesting it isn’t a Rangers crest. I presume you no longer have an issue with the buttons since you’ve been put straight on that?

I’m suggesting it isn’t a Rangers crest. I presume you no longer have an issue with the buttons since you’ve been put straight on that?
You totally missed the point re the buttons.

I wasn't denying they were in the old image, the exact opposite in fact.

The whole reason I mentioned them was to establish that the intention behind the new top is to *resemble* the one in the old image.

Therefore omitting the star - the most distinctive aspect of all - is nonsensical.

.Therefore omitting the star - the most distinctive aspect of all - is nonsensical.
There’s nothing nonsensical about it. At the time we didn’t have shirt worn crests and now we do, so in the place of Clyde Rowing Club’s crest is a Rangers crest.

If you think it’s not to upset a pair of crank pundits then crack on.

I'm back up in Glasgow in December and was planning a visit to the Rangers store to buy my English grandson a top with his name on it. I haven't bought myself a top in years due to my age but I think I'll be buying this one. Just looking at it brings a tear to my eye when I think of the history and beginnings of our club.
I agree with this. Each time I click on the picture of it , I’m getting a lump in my throat. 4 lads had a dream and now we have 50 thousand strong season books and title number 55 and back in the top 50 clubs in Europe! But sadly some people on here aren’t happy because there isn’t a star on the top , I can’t understand the negativity

There’s nothing nonsensical about it. At the time we didn’t have shirt worn crests and now we do, so in the place of Clyde Rowing Club’s crest is a Rangers crest.

If you think it’s not to upset a pair of crank pundits then crack on.
About 100 concept kits based on the Gallant Pioneers top have appeared online over the years

Every single one has included the star with a Rangers RFC incorporated into it.

All hopelessly misguided in your view. Hmm.

If only you'd be there to tell them only Clyde Rowing Club have exclusive rights to use of the 6 pointed star...

About 100 concept kits based on the Gallant Pioneers top have appeared online over the years

Every single one has included the star with a Rangers RFC incorporated into it.

All hopelessly misguided in your view. Hmm.

If only you'd be there to tell them only Clyde Rowing Club have exclusive rights to use of the 6 pointed star...
If only a bunch of VLs messing about on photoshop had any bearing on real life, eh? :))

The top is clearly meant to resemble the top in the famous photo. Surely no-one is denying this? Why have the offset buttons?

The most distinctive aspect of that top has been omitted. Why?

Probably for fear of flak from the likes of Graham Spiers and Michael Stewart, which is just pathetic

I doubt they give a flying %^*& about them, I mean the club are hardly pandering to the media these days, they've just kept the 150th anniversary badge on it because that is the badge of the 150th year.

The top is clearly meant to resemble the top in the famous photo. Surely no-one is denying this? Why have the offset buttons?

The most distinctive aspect of that top has been omitted. Why?

Probably for fear of flak from the likes of Graham Spiers and Michael Stewart, which is just pathetic
This place never fails to amaze me.

Here we have someone who thinks Rangers take into consideration the thoughts and feelings of trash like Spiers and Stewart when designing our 150th anniversary kit.

The mind truly does boggle.

I doubt they give a flying %^*& about them, I mean the club are hardly pandering to the media these days, they've just kept the 150th anniversary badge on it because that is the badge of the 150th year.
The crest is different mate. Original scroll crest has been used.

Q1xlpL2.jpg

To give an idea of sizing, I'm 6'0, 16st and this is a 3XL
Better nips than my missus

Latest posts

Back