Sun say Newcastle in for Alfie.

Everyone thinking the Saudi’s will spend mega millions on Newcastle this season are forgetting one major obstacle

FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY RULES

Which will dictate what they can actually spend without sanctions

Are you saying Morelos isn’t real quality?

Is Andy Robertson real quality? Tierney? I love the Scottish league argument like we’ve never had good quality players here. By that reckoning we’ll hold on to Kamara forever. Buzzing.
I don't think he is could you imagine Newcastle's supporters think yes we have all this money oh we will sign Morelos, come on be serious.

Don’t think it will happen, however - as sad as I’d be to see Alfredo leave Rangers - we’d probably end up with a handsome fee.

Any player going to Newcastle’s fee just inflated as it’s no secret they’ve got a bit of cash behind them now.

Didn't even read the article but it'd actually be a good move for Morelos, however I suspect Newcastle will be setting their sights a lot higher so I'd file under nonsense.
Newcastle won't attract the very top players initially.
These individuals want to win trophies as well as increase their bank balances.
The rise of Newcastle will be in stages and the first stage will include talents like Morelos.
It will only be after Newcastle have established a strong platform for competing in the top six and in Europe, that they will then be able to attract the bigger stars of world football.
In my opinion.

I don't think he is could you imagine Newcastle's supporters think yes we have all this money oh we will sign Morelos, come on be serious.
He’s literally a beast in Europe. What on earth are you on about? He’s proved himself against EPL level opposition.

Good Europa League level talent is exactly where they need to be shopping.

Some of this Haaland/Mbappe nonsense is years off yet regardless of the money, and before that they need basically a brand new team of players to get them up the PL table and into Europe. And they need to do it within FFP restrictions.

Rangers have a few who fit the bill. We need to make sure we get the best possible price if they come calling.

I would doubt they would be able to find a great deal many players in the 15/20 million range that much better than him TBH.

They are going to need to build a side to simply keep them in the league in the short term. A player like him would be ideal as they bridge a squad.

They are only going to be able to buy so many players for 50 million plus short term.

Everyone thinking the Saudi’s will spend mega millions on Newcastle this season are forgetting one major obstacle

It will, Sky Sports already went through this and Newcastle can spend £200million on players without breaching the rules.

And that’s before any extremely generous Saudi sponsorship deals that will no doubt appear over the next year or two like what Man City and PSG have done.

Newcastle fan on Sky is desperate for Bruce, the last remnant of the Ashley era, to go. Compared him to an old bit of clothing that an ex leaves behind at your house. Ouch.

I would doubt they would be able to find a great deal many players in the 15/20 million range that much better than him TBH.

They are going to need to build a side to simply keep them in the league in the short term. A player like him would be ideal as they bridge a squad.

They are only going to be able to buy so many players for 50 million plus short term.
We are not getting 15-20 million for Morelos, I wish we were.
Newcastle will go for quality look at the money they have get real.

Newcastle aren't going to be able to get elite talent yet. They will have to go through the same building process that Man City did. Where you can get some good players and maybe 1 high level statement player. They'll need to build a proper squad over a number of years.

So aye it wouldn't surprise me if they were interested in Alfie or others at our club. If they do come for one of our players, let's milk the Geordies dry.
Bang on city were signing guys like Craig Bellamy to start off with Newcastle would be the same they'll probably got through 2/3 squads of plsyers before there an established side like City

needles seethe, that is the 6th time you have quoted me BTW, make a point or stop, see how weird that is.
You should have just said you were trolling I have noticed you do this previously with other posters as well.
You were asked a simple question but replied flippantly for no reason.

Newcastle fan on Sky is desperate for Bruce, the last remnant of the Ashley era, to go. Compared him to an old bit of clothing that an ex leaves behind at your house. Ouch.
It's not Bruces fault, Bet you will see a lot more people suddenly declaring their love for Newcastle now.

You should have just said you were trolling I have noticed you do this previously with other posters as well.

I'm literally not ya melt, to troll you would have been to "pull you up" that would be weird and wanky I literally said I wouldn't do that I accepted you have your view and saw it as that, little more little less.

Saying i have noticed you is creepy as fck but, "i have noticed you", mate avoid saying that to people in a boozer if they ever slightly disagree with you, fck me man.... what a mental waste of time that was, sorry pal, sorry I lowered myself to this level, cringing at this.

Nothing like down playing our own player's. Morelos would be a great signing for Newcastle
Read the post and also think a bit Newcastle could have bought Morelos at any time even when Ashley was in charge.
Now with the money they have, I can't see them looking in Scotland for players as they will be looking at players at a level above what we have and what is playing in our leagues.

Typical sun story spinning nonsense.

No laughing at the back here but they are really restricted with FFP. All thanks to Mike Ashley.

Don’t get me wrong, they will spend decent money but not the £200/£300m that folk down there are expecting.

For this reason, shopping in the Alfredo Morelos market would make sense (just an opinion, I don’t think will try and sign him).

Patterson on the other hand…….

That’s not true at all. The opposite in fact

I think these sort of clubs are going to be our best bet of getting properly good money for Alfie.

I've no reason to believe this is true, but IF it is then we need to bear a few things in mind:

• He is our best striker and is under contract until 2023.
  • Newcastle are, on paper at least, the wealthiest club in the EPL.
  • Signing him in January would be highly disruptive to us, and Newcastle would therefore be expected to pay a premium for this.

For these reasons, then we should be looking at around £35 million with significant add ons.

Even then, I'd be tempted to ask Newcastle to immediately loan him back to us until the end of the season.
£35m?

We’ve not received a bid worth even half of that and he’s hardly got off to a flier this season performance wise.

I’d be stunned if the board rejected another offer of £16m for him tbh

Aye 58 goals in the league, No mention of his exploits in Europe for us.
99 goals in total so far I believe. Or do goals in Europe against the likes of Porto etc not count in their infantile and pathetic minds?

The Scum making up pish as per usual, genuinely wouldn't wipe my arse with it.

People in this thread dont have a clue. Newcastle aren't going out and signing world 11 type players in the next 2 years. It's a long term project that's going to take years. This story is almost certainly bollocks but Alfie would be a good signing for Newcastle for where they are right now.

I also doubt the new owner will be willing to wait years to compete. With the amount of good players out of contract next year Newcastle know they can offer low numbers and high wages to get some big names in early. It all comes down to what manager they secure in the few weeks to see who they can talk into joining.

bear-sleeping.gif

Didn't even read the article but it'd actually be a good move for Morelos, however I suspect Newcastle will be setting their sights a lot higher so I'd file under nonsense.
Agree but just maybe they’ll go for players they can get to take them up a level and then go for the best. That’s what Chelsea and City did. I wouldn’t rule it out completely.

I thought FFP was on hold because of covid? I could be wrong. Also, since the fat prick never spent %^*& all, they probably have a bit of wiggle room even if FFP is in force.

No laughing at the back here but they are really restricted with FFP. All thanks to Mike Ashley.

Don’t get me wrong, they will spend decent money but not the £200/£300m that folk down there are expecting.

For this reason, shopping in the Alfredo Morelos market would make sense (just an opinion, I don’t think will try and sign him).

Patterson on the other hand…….
They will have money to spend due to Ashley not spending that much money the last few seasons. They have been taking in more money than money that has been going out.

It will, Sky Sports already went through this and Newcastle can spend £200million on players without breaching the rules.

And that’s before any extremely generous Saudi sponsorship deals that will no doubt appear over the next year or two like what Man City and PSG have done.
Yeah, due to the way Ashley ran the club Newcastle have 'money in the bank' so to say. They've brought more money in as profit than they have been spending so will be able to spend some big money in January if they want to.

Yeah, due to the way Ashley ran the club Newcastle have 'money in the bank' so to say. They've brought more money in as profit than they have been spending so will be able to spend some big money in January if they want to.
Absolutely, Ashley had been trying to sell up for years so had been making Newcastle as attractive a prospect as possible, and the best way to do that was to leave them with no debt and cash in the bank.

Shite for Newcastle supporters though because they had to suffer chronic underspending compared with other clubs with similar turnover, so a huge rebuild is still required.

Despite their wealth this will still take a good few years to get them up their challenging for top 4.

I read they are looking at Luis Campos for the DoF. That would be a smart move since he has just done the same job at Lille and oversaw their ascent to the League 1 title and made huge profits on players.

So they are at least looking to do this sensibly rather than just chucking cash at it blindly.

When does the January window open and close? We are going to get silly speculation until then it seems unfortunately

Back