Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
As expected, but didn’t address if any problems with ios15 and it’s probably your bandwidth even though watched a game before and after our game without a bit of bother.
Have asked them to explain how the £9.99 I paid is not showing on my RTV account although all other purchases are.
Hi Ryesider

The live-stream is a feed we are continuously working on to make as flawless a product as possible.

However, this match wasn't a game in which we've noted any consistent issues over the course of the 90 minutes. I've taken a look back over our reports and notes from the game and we've not noted down any issues, nor did we receive any consistent complaints from other viewers.

This indicates that the issue wasn't on our end as a problem with how we upload/encode the game would be seen by every member watching the stream, rather than a single viewer. An error that just affects an individual viewer indicates that the problem is on their end.

The Club's terms and conditions relating to streaming are available to view via the website. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a refund for this service. I am sorry that your viewing experience was less than satisfactory and I wish we could be more helpful in fixing it but in order to qualify for a refund the issue would need be on our end and our records indicates that it wasn't.

We want to get your issue fixed and resolved asap , please find below some factors that can hugely affect your broadband and potential viewing/ listening.

We would always get you to check with your supplier for the best and most effective way to improve and maintain a great broadband connection and to see to if there has been any drop outs or dips in the connection.

Factors affecting your Broadband speed
  1. Your Service Provider. Some service providers run faster than others. The biggest difference is between copper networks and fibre optic networks. On copper networks, your distance from the exchange is the largest factor. On fibre optic networks this is not an issue. Capacity in the local network also comes into play if too many people on your street are all trying to use the same infrastructure. On fibre optic networks, this is less of an issue as the network has a higher capacity but can still be affected.
  2. The package you have purchased from your service provider. If you have bought a 10Mb package your will only get 10Mb, if you buy 100Mb you will get 100Mb. Sorry if that is stating the obvious.
  3. The processing speed of your computer and router or modem. Old computers with less memory run slower.
  4. The speed of the connection between your computer and modem or router – that is, a wired connection is faster than wireless. Older wireless connections run much slower than newer wireless connections. For maximum wireless speed you should look for 802.11n that can operate in the 5Ghz frequency range rather than the 2.4 GHz range
  5. The time of day is a huge factor, your speed may slow down at certain times, for example, in the evenings and weekends when everyone is downloading or streaming content.
  6. The speed of individual websites you are visiting (some have a maximum access speeds)
  7. Whether you’re sharing your connection with other people or devices (like other laptops, smartphones, iPads or gaming consoles) in your home
  8. Whether you have software running in the background, such as spyware.
This is by no means passing the buck, but merely giving you more information to help get your viewing/listening stabilised.

If I can be of any further help, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Hi mate. Just going back to your post #636. It reminded me of some issues I’ve had. I’ve tried to watch the B Team game and the Womens Team game on my iPad over the last week. Every time I tried it played OK for 5 minutes (give or take a minute) - same as the timeframe you mention - then reverted to a black screen with the spinning dots. Dunno if that’s typical of your issue or not. That was viewing via the website/Safari. Switched to viewing via the App and everything played fine. Might be worth trying that.

This only started after I updated to iPadOS15 and then 15.0.1. I’ve seen other reports of problems with embedded video on other websites as well. I’m convinced it’s an Apple issue.

That’s if your issues are Safari based of course. If you get the same on the App I’m stumped.

Last edited:
VB that will be me for a while requiring RTV either be at the game or in the bowling club for away games, on a good run coming up avoiding clashing with my shifts.
But as you described with the black screen is strange, as usually with buffering the picture freezes.
Till next time mate.

VB your not much well thought of at RTV:D
Hi, Rysider

Not a problem. Glad we got to the end of it for you.

I wouldn't use Follow Follow for tech advice, its great for support but we always have the upto date information regarding software for the service.

Turns out originally when I had bought it when I had logged in with my sons login auto fill, which we have used before on my iPad, so when I logged out to log back in on mine it wasn’t showing so my bad, but still not explaining the black screen or else wouldn’t have logged out In the first place.

VB your not much well thought of at RTV:D
Hi, Rysider

Not a problem. Glad we got to the end of it for you.

I wouldn't use Follow Follow for tech advice, its great for support but we always have the upto date information regarding software for the service.

Turns out originally when I had bought it when I had logged in with my sons login auto fill, which we have used before on my iPad, so when I logged out to log back in on mine it wasn’t showing so my bad, but still not explaining the black screen or else wouldn’t have logged out In the first place.
Ha ha, f*ckers should be grateful I save them a shit load of emails LOL (and I’m sure they are).;)

As for you? Wrong login, dear oh dear. :eek::)):))

On a more positive note - they answered your email. That’s progress.

I will get back to this later but it looks like if you are in the UK - you need to register a new account and visit a different website to view.

Overseas, or those with a VPN, can continue to use the normal Rangers TV website.

RANGERS return to action this weekend with a top of the table clash against Hearts.

For supporters who can't make it to Ibrox, there is live coverage available on RangersTV.

An SFA & SPFL ruling that clubs in Scotland cannot live stream Saturday 3.00pm KO matches in England has required Rangers to introduce a new video platform for this fixture.

Below you can find out how to watch from across the world.

SUPPORTERS IN SCOTLAND, NORTHERN IRELAND AND WALES

You can purchase pay per view access to the match for £9.99 here.

Please note: you will be required to register a new account (your existing RangersTV account will not permit access) and we encourage supporters to register in advance of the game to avoid missing any of the action.

We recommend you test your ability to access the site early. If you are identified as being in England but you aren’t, you can contact the Stream Digital support team. Find out more in the FAQs here.

To watch go to: https://rangersppv.streamdigital.tv/

SUPPORTERS IN ENGLAND

Unfortunately, Saturday's match will not be available live in England. RTV subscribers can watch full match coverage from 10pm on Saturday night at rangers.co.uk/tv

SUPPORTERS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD

You can watch the match by subscribing to RangersTV Unlimited. You can subscribe Annually, Monthly or for a 3-day subscription here.

Coverage will begin from 2:30pm with Kate Mason, Alex Rae and Shelley Kerr bringing you all the build up, and Clive Tyldesley and Kevin Thomson providing commentary throughout the 90 minutes.

To watch go to: https://www.rangers.co.uk/tv#/

I will get back to this later but it looks like if you are in the UK - you need to register a new account and visit a different website to view.

Overseas, or those with a VPN, can continue to use the normal Rangers TV website.

RANGERS return to action this weekend with a top of the table clash against Hearts.

For supporters who can't make it to Ibrox, there is live coverage available on RangersTV.

An SFA & SPFL ruling that clubs in Scotland cannot live stream Saturday 3.00pm KO matches in England has required Rangers to introduce a new video platform for this fixture.

Below you can find out how to watch from across the world.

SUPPORTERS IN SCOTLAND, NORTHERN IRELAND AND WALES

You can purchase pay per view access to the match for £9.99 here.

Please note: you will be required to register a new account (your existing RangersTV account will not permit access) and we encourage supporters to register in advance of the game to avoid missing any of the action.

We recommend you test your ability to access the site early. If you are identified as being in England but you aren’t, you can contact the Stream Digital support team. Find out more in the FAQs here.

To watch go to: https://rangersppv.streamdigital.tv/

SUPPORTERS IN ENGLAND

Unfortunately, Saturday's match will not be available live in England. RTV subscribers can watch full match coverage from 10pm on Saturday night at rangers.co.uk/tv

SUPPORTERS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD

You can watch the match by subscribing to RangersTV Unlimited. You can subscribe Annually, Monthly or for a 3-day subscription here.

Coverage will begin from 2:30pm with Kate Mason, Alex Rae and Shelley Kerr bringing you all the build up, and Clive Tyldesley and Kevin Thomson providing commentary throughout the 90 minutes.

To watch go to: https://www.rangers.co.uk/tv#/

Gonna be shit show I reckon - a lot of folk in Scotland will be routed via English servers

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view today's match in the same way you would an Away game.

Bottom line here - if you have a VPN then use it and view RangersTV on the regular website as we’ve always done. If you don’t, then read this post in more detail.

If using a VPN try this link in the first instance:

UPDATE (16 Oct): If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does. Farcical in all honesty.

Well, what a mess they’ve made with this new website for those in the UK – except England - to view matches.

I will try and summarise something below.

First things first – why? This is what RangersTV have to say:

*** NOTICE ***
Please note that your login details from RangersTV WILL NOT WORK on this website and we cannot offer streaming into England for this match.

Every user wishing to purchase Pay Per View for this game will need to register for an account on this site.

Please note that this change is due to the SFA & SPFL ruling that clubs in Scotland cannot live stream Saturday 3.00pm KO matches in England and required Rangers to introduce a new video platform.

We appreciate your understanding and support.

So, how to view:

Overseas Viewers and Those Who Can Appear Overseas Via a VPN

Nothing changes. You continue to visit the regular RangersTV website and use your subscription to view or you purchase PPV via the page below. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

Viewers in England

My recommendation is to use a VPN and make a quick trip overseas to the likes of France, Belgium etc.

Switch on your VPN, refresh your browser and then visit the page above to purchase the match on PPV. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then I’m afraid the match will not be available to you on RangersTV legitimately.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

And now the mess! Firstly, my recommendation (even if you are in the UK) - if you have a VPN - is to use it to visit the likes of France, Belgium etc and stick to using the regular RangersTV website to PPV and view as we’ve always done. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then the fun and games begin. It looks like you are required to visit a NEW website (not RangersTV) and to register a NEW Account (not you RangersTV or Rangers one).

The website to visit to purchase the match – and to view it later - is here:

Home | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

Hopefully it takes you through registering your NEW Account as part of the purchase process but, if it doesn’t for any reason, then the website to register the new Account is here:

Register | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

The FAQs are here. I’ve not been through them but, on first glance, they look fairly comprehensive and cover use of a number of devices and have advice on which of the three links they will provide to use in order to achieve best results:

FAQs | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

You Show as Being in England – but Aren’t

I’ve no idea what’s the best course of action if you are on mobile and your device detects you as being in England, even if you aren’t. This is what the FAQ says:

Please contact the support team before 2pm on a match day with your location. A number of servers are run from England so your device may have an IP address which runs through there. The support team will check your location and if you are out with England, they will then bypass that region and ensure you have access.

EDIT: If you can’t see Contact Us along the top of the website, and you’re on an iPad for example, rotate to Landscape mode and it should be there. See post #691. It doesn’t look like the Contact Us is available on a phone, needs another device.:(

Good Luck.

(I think I may take the weekend away from FollowFollow).

Last edited:
If they do the SeatSub code again I'm going to assume we will need to register to this new platform to use it.
If anyone is hoping for a SeatSub code to come out again it may be worth registering to the new platform early to get familiar with it and not leave until the last minute.

Edit: Just registered to the new PPV site and I don't see anywhere where a code could possibly be entered so looking unlikely a code will be provided this time.

Last edited:
The FAQ on the new site isn't very reader friendly, could have at least bolded the Questions so each one stands out more.

Please tell me they haven't come up with something else we need to register for? Good fcuking grief man.

Please tell me they haven't come up with something else we need to register for? Good fcuking grief man.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Granted it’s not their fault it’s banned in England but most folk will have bother trying to access in Scotland through their IPs showing as London (me included) and don’t trust emailing them.

VPN as usual seems the easiest route…

Granted it’s not their fault it’s banned in England but most folk will have bother trying to access in Scotland through their IPs showing as London (me included) and don’t trust emailing them.

I'd strongly recommend that those who have a VPN stick to using the regular website and doing things 'old school'.

Though, to be fair, reading various posts, it seems folk who use the Contact Us on the new website are getting things resolved very quickly, often with responses inside 5 minutes. Whether that will carry on into the evening shift is another matter.

Vpn for me registered I'm in Scotland showing as England what a hassle

Bollocks, I've registered yet can't purchase, does that mean I'm showing as in England?

Pain in the hole!!
Don't think it would have let you register if it identified you as in England.

Where does this show you?

Also - make sure you are trying to purchase via the website and not the App. Use this link. Do NOT login first.

Last edited:
I'd strongly recommend that those who have a VPN stick to using the regular website and doing things 'old school'.

Though, to be fair, reading various posts, it seems folk who use the Contact Us on the new website are getting things resolved very quickly, often with responses inside 5 minutes. Whether that will carry on into the evening shift is another matter.
I can't even see a contact us tab, old school tomorrow for me.

This whole double website situation is a riot.
It is. I can only assume that our proper RangersTV website/servers were unable to blackout England and the ‘quick fix’ was the new website.

Interestingly :oops: when you read the FAQs it seems the new website will provide 3 different links - with links 1 and 2 optimised for more modern devices and link 3 more aimed at older devices.

I won’t be using it but will be looking out for how it goes.

It is. I can only assume that our proper RangersTV website/servers were unable to blackout England and the ‘quick fix’ was the new website.

Interestingly :oops: when you read the FAQs it seems the new website will provide 3 different links - with links 1 and 2 optimised for more modern devices and link 3 more aimed at older devices.

I won’t be using it but will be looking out for how it goes.
If this 3pm thing is just going to be from now until May then maybe this was the easiest way round it but the whole process is mental.

Found the 3 day unlimited pass while using VPN, that should do the trick. I maybe should have read the email closer first time round:oops:
For those that have a VPN then using that and going ‘old school’ with the regular RangersTV website is certainly the way I’d recommend.

Don't think it would have let you register if it identified you as in England.

Where does this show you?

Also - make sure you are trying to purchase via the website and not the App. Use this link. Do NOT login first.

Falkirk.

I've registered using your link on my laptop, I've never used the app.

I'll try again in the morning, thanks for all your help :cool:

Falkirk.

I've registered using your link on my laptop, I've never used the app.

I'll try again in the morning, thanks for all your help :cool:
Strange then. Try the same ‘trick’ that’s necessary on the proper RangersTV website sometimes and do NOT login first.

So, visit this page below and do NOT login. Click on ‘Purchase £9.99 Game Pass’. That should take you to the Login page and thence to the payment page.

Strange then. Try the same ‘trick’ that’s necessary on the proper RangersTV website sometimes and do NOT login first.

So, visit this page below and do NOT login. Click on ‘Purchase £9.99 Game Pass’. That should take you to the Login page and thence to the payment page.

I've tried that, said they have to restrict users from England, Im in Scotland, Pain in the arse, I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

I've tried that, said they have to restrict users from England, Im in Scotland, Pain in the arse, I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.
Use the Contact Us on the new website then mate (top of the page). Previous posts suggest folk are getting sorted quickly. You will need to tell them your ISP and your IP address - both of which you can get from that What’s My IP Address link you used earlier. From the FAQ:

I am in Scotland but I'm being told that I am blocked as I am in England?

Please contact the support team before 2pm on a match day with your location. A number of servers are run from england so your device may have an IP address which runs through there. The support team will check your location and if you are out with England, they will then bypass that region and ensure you have access.

apparently I’m in England as well, always wanted to be to be fair but at the moment I’m in the house up here.
What’s customer service contact info please?

I cannot see any contact us details on the new page at all. All I get is home and account settings.
Clusterfuck as always
Should have Home, Events, Contact Us, Sign In and Register across the top.

If it’s not there when you are signed in then try it when you’re signed out.

Click on Contact Us and a pop-up appears to complete your details. Maybe you have pop-ups blocked?

So the making it available to seat subers like the Hibs game isn’t happening here?
Nobody knows. What we do know is that the new website doesn’t appear to have anywhere to redeem a code. Make of that what you will.

Don’t think the codes came out until mid-morning of the Hibs game though but, with nowhere to redeem them….

Nobody knows. What we do know is that the new website doesn’t appear to have anywhere to redeem a code. Make of that what you will.

Don’t think the codes came out until mid-morning of the Hibs game though but, with nowhere to redeem them….

I mean the email more or less says “if you’re in Scotland, Wales, NI and can’t make the game, pay £9.99 to see it”.

Would be rather hacked off if they then said seat subbers here’s your code a few hours later

Should have Home, Events, Contact Us, Sign In and Register across the top.

If it’s not there when you are signed in then try it when you’re signed out.

Click on Contact Us and a pop-up appears to complete your details. Maybe you have pop-ups blocked?
Logged out now VB turned off pop up blocker and opened an new window all I have to click on is login home events that literally it and a wee light bulb in the corner

Found an email address support@streamdigital.tv
Shall I email these guys?

I mean the email more or less says “if you’re in Scotland, Wales, NI and can’t make the game, pay £9.99 to see it”.

Would be rather hacked off if they then said seat subbers here’s your code a few hours later
It’s what happened for Hibs. Codes came out on day of the game.

I agree it’s looking unlikely though, given no Redeem button. If I was affected I’d hold off until mid-morning though, just in case,

Just done VPN in France and used the link from VBN. Easy peasy. Thank you. I did fook about before that and the website is an embarrassment. It needs Chat functionality brought in on the PWS and App to help users with live questions. This if done right would make difference to customers service overall.

Logged out now VB turned off pop up blocker and opened an new window all I have to click on is login home events that literally it and a wee light bulb in the corner

Found an email address support@streamdigital.tv
Shall I email these guys?
You on an iPad by any chance? If I’m in portrait mode I have the three-lines bit to click on and then I get the Menu as you describe. Rotate to Landscape and I get this:

All I get is "unfortunately we've had to block viewers in England". I'm in Cumbernauld.

Can't purchase anything. No contact us on the website.

This is absolutely incredible. Even by Rangers standards this is a shambles.
Looks to me like our website/server - provided by StreamAMG - is unable to block out England.

We’ve had to launch the new website via a different partner, Stream Digital, who are the contractor used by all the other clubs in the SPFL.

All I get is "unfortunately we've had to block viewers in England". I'm in Cumbernauld.

Can't purchase anything. No contact us on the website.
See post #691. I had to go Landscape on iPad.

If you have a VPN just use it on the regular RangersTV website and do it old school as per post #657.

Looks to me like our website/server - provided by StreamAMG - is unable to block out England.

We’ve had to launch the new website via a different partner, Stream Digital, who are the contractor used by all the other clubs in the SPFL.
I'm not even wasting anymore time trying it.

They've just lost out on a tenner.

Must be run by tarri*ers.

I’ve been trying to buy the game since yesterday afternoon.

Utter shambles

Just noticed I can’t see the Contact Us on iPhone. Needs to be tablet or desktop/laptop by the look of things.

@St Andrews Bear. It’s not your version of iOS it just doesn’t look like Contact Us is available on phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back