Devlin

The refereeing was abysmal today, Devlin was well in to double figures with fouls committed and some were as blatant as fcuk, trying to pull players down when running away from him, shocking offside not given either not long before they scored, sit right in line with it and he was a couple of yards off

The refereeing was interesting today shall we say.
Lots of poor decisions. If it was Soutter on Morelos and not Balogun on Boyce in the first half we would have been screaming for a penalty. Also Aribo very lucky not to see red for the tackle he was booked for.

Robertson either left his contact lenses in the changing room or he was at it.

Devlin got away with numerous, blatant, yellow card challenges.

He could have been sent off several times - as I said on the game thread. That kind of performance from a referee is a career ender in normal, sensible countries. He wouldn't get a senior level game ever again after missing double digits of yellow cards.

Don’t even think he got booked, referee let a lot go considering he was card happy

He did eventually for a late tackle on Bacuna.
Seen Betfair had paid me out but then my account balance got frozen so thought it must’ve been Kingsley booked instead

Turns out I’m wrong and he did actually get booked

Best taking the blue tinted specs of and watching them again.
Believe it or not RTV showed replays of both so I’ve seen both incidents a few times and think you are wrong.

Since when was a little nudge with the shoulder a penalty? The same thing you see umpteen times in a game when a defender is letting the ball go out of play.

A wee 5 foot nothing shite.

On two separate occasions second half he was outmuscled in challenges and cynically grabbed the leg of our player running away and escaped punishment both times, yet the absolute clown of a ref ended up booking him for dissent.

Think he'd committed 5 fouls first half alone, including pulling shirts and still never got booked.
Yes, he got away with the constant pulling back which teams are allowed to make against Rangers at Ibrox. It’s a good way for the referee to influence the game without it being too obvious.

Lots of poor decisions. If it was Soutter on Morelos and not Balogun on Boyce in the first half we would have been screaming for a penalty. Also Aribo very lucky not to see red for the tackle he was booked for.
There was another on the match thread who said very much what you have said. Find that odd to be honest. Why do you think Sportscene will highlight it? You wouldn’t surely be asking them to do so, would you?

Back