Is there anyone not worried?

dh1963

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Now we need 20 chances to score a goal and almost every game we concede.
This Rangers team aren't winning the title unless we sort both ends of ths pitch. I wish I knew how to fix it, but anyone not worried is stuck in last season. We've played all the best teams at home, what will our results be like when we visit Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle?

Aye but Celtic are shit…

They’ve just gone to Aberdeen, Motherwell and won. We couldn’t beat two terrible sides in Hearts and Motherwell at home.

We aren’t scoring goals and this team can’t keep a clean sheet. Obvious concerns. Near on 20 competitive matches into the season and we are still miles off it.

I’m sure some will be along soon enough to come away with the usual talk.

Aye but Celtic are shit…

They’ve just gone to Aberdeen, Motherwell and won. We couldn’t beat two terrible sides in Hearts and Motherwell at home.

We aren’t scoring goals and this team can’t keep a clean sheet. Obvious concerns. Near on 20 competitive matches into the season and we are still miles off it.

Only 4 behind us due to us constantly allowing them breathing room.

Had we done our job right, Postecoglou would currently be looking for a job in the A-League

We’re now past this, it’s just the start of the season line…
I’m not overly concerned but if anything gets dropped next Sunday then, yeah I might start to be worried.

Aye but Celtic are shit…

Both those games a common theme.. not taking our chances and then a mistake letting us down.

I'm concerned about us in general like the squad and players being out of form but today we had enough chances to win the game didn't take them or Gordon making good saves and an error cost us in the end.

When it comes down to basics we aren’t scoring goals. It’s that simple. All the talk of defending clean sheets etc. No team has ever won anything scoring an average of 1.4 goals per game as we are just now. 4 of those goals in Dingwall .

So break it down aside from Dingwall 8 league games 11 goals ? I’m an old bear now and I can’t recall any Rangers team I’ve seen who had a record like that in domestic football.

Don’t score goals you don’t win games

last season was a one off indeed.

But I am worried, yes, because this isn’t sustainable.

We don’t look capable of finding the next more than once or twice in any game and we don’t look capable of keeping clean sheets.

Forget about the league etc, just those above facts in isolation are a cause for concern

People will bury their heads in the sand but truth is Celtic are only 4 points behind with a better goal difference, and that’s despite a horrific start.

We are our own worst enemy this season and are going to drag what should have been a comfortable title win into an ugly slog if we don’t wake up.

At the start of the season I said the only one that can beat us is ourselves. We’re doing that at the moment.

I think people are just expecting us to win the league by 20 points again and they're lashing out because it isn't looking likely. It was never really going to be that likely.

I don’t think anyone expected last season to repeat itself (in our lifetime) but you can’t say it’s been good enough thus far. We haven’t got going.

I actually thought today was a much better performance until the 70th minute compared to the 1st 8 games. Looked a bit more confident and a bit of zip. Finishing was terrible and McGregor makes a rare howler. Play like that I’m not worried as we will win it. My worry is the dropping back, inviting it on and hanging on at the end. Not sure why that is the strategy. Keep doing that and any time we have a bad day in front of goal points could disappear!

Aye but Celtic are shit…

This is the hard truth.

Being top of the league a pretty easy run of games is covering the cracks.

I’m not worried but we shouldn’t be expecting to stroll this season. The thought by some that we are miles ahead is dangerous, that’s what happened to that mob the last couple of seasons.

We still have 3 first team regulars to come back. Bacuna and sakala can’t be written off. Sometimes it just takes time to settle.

There are players off their games just now ie barasic, Goldson, balogun, morelos but they won’t play badly all season.

Today for the first time this season we got shots on target, we created chances and we played some nice football at times. Another day we could have scored 4/5 goals. We haven’t played anywhere near as well as we did the first half today all season and hopefully that’s a sign of things to come.

It's football.

Last season was a one off.

yes and not only did we not improve any of our starting eleven positions we were never getting the same from Davis or McGregor, who were instrumental in 55, this isn’t knee jerk to today from McGregor, I’ve said it all season, he will make saves but even before his howler today, he slowed things down wasted time never released the ball when he should have and his distribution from feet is terrible.

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Now we need 20 chances to score a goal and almost every game we concede.
This Rangers team aren't winning the title unless we sort both ends of ths pitch. I wish I knew how to fix it, but anyone not worried is stuck in last season. We've played all the best teams at home, what will our results be like when we visit Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle?
I’m hugely worried. The forward line has been rotten so far this season and we’re hardly scoring goals. Kent missing now but wasn’t doing enough, Morelos on no form at all and too much chopping and changing. The midfield isn’t creating enough and we are still slinging in hopeful crosses to the Mark Hateley and Derek Johnstone-esque strikers we don’t have. And yes the defence is conceding too many. Anyone who thinks Celtic will definitely be shite and that we will definitely win the league by that reason alone as a result is deluded.

I've been worried since about 6 or 7 games in. We looked lethargic and careless and that hasn't changed in the months since. Very concerning time. Does no one any good to gloss over it.

This is the hard truth.

Being top of the league a pretty easy run of games is covering the cracks.

Wait until we hit November and December. Failure to up our level quite considerably will see a number of dropped points.

Name a game this season where we have played well for the majority. 17 in and we haven’t.

Aye but Celtic are shit…

Agree mostly but hearts on the evidence are not a terrible side.

We'll have ups and downs and still should win the league. The big concern is that the manager absolutely does not learn from his mistakes. Not convinced he even accepts he makes them at all.

However, our team is still good enough to beat everyone else in the league more often than we'll drop points against them.

Weve allowed the door to open back up and given them a glimmer of light.

We are perilously close to throwing this away.
Some nice FF over reaction :))

We’re perilously close to throwing away this league after 9 games when we’re top of the league and 4 points ahead of our most realistic challengers.

Don’t you just love FF after we don’t win :)):))

I'd be more worried if we weren't still top of the league despite not being at our best.

If anything that suggests we're much better than everyone else. This is Hearts/Motherwell/Hibs (not so much today) and Celtic just coming into some good form.

There's no point in being worried.
It's football and we can't control it.

I still believe we can go on a run that will get us to the title but if it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen. Not much we can do about it now.

Before last season I think the biggest lead we ever managed against them was 1 or 2 points and we never held those leads for long. The six point lead gave us some breathing space and mean that we could have a result like today and still be four ahead.

They will drop plenty of points but unfortunately so will we. People genuinely expecting us to be 8 or 9 (or even more) ahead of them by this stage of the season seems like they have expectations that are not really in line with previous title wins.

There's a long way to go in the season.
We are not going to be as good as last season.
They will drop lots of points too.
It's probably going to be very close.
I am not worried. Yet.

We are top of the league because we have played all the easier and harder teams at home and away we’ll see what this teams made of come 2nd of January if it even makes it that long if we hit the self destruct button early.

Goldson playing like he doesn’t care or want to be here.

I think people are just expecting us to win the league by 20 points again and they're lashing out because it isn't looking likely. It was never really going to be that likely.
Maybe but I also think people are genuinely worried about our complete lack of goals and finishing. Our goals for record this season is utterly dreadful

Since Gerrard came in we have lost late goals and it still seems to be happening

Could list off about 10 games were we have lost late goals that has cost us.

People will bury their heads in the sand but truth is Celtic are only 4 points behind with a better goal difference, and that’s despite a horrific start.

We are our own worst enemy this season and are going to drag what should have been a comfortable title win into an ugly slog if we don’t wake up.

At the start of the season I said the only one that can beat us is ourselves. We’re doing that at the moment.

I agree with you.

The upheaval at Celtic this summer with the management debacles and high turnover of players....like i said somewhere else its been a long time since a Rangers team started the season with such an advantage. Decades.

Nobody expected the sort of totals we were getting last season.

But if you tell me Celtic are going to lose their first 3 away games in a season, frankly i think thats an open goal for any decent Rangers team.

I don't think i'm putting too dramatic a spin on things to say the legacy of those involved in last season's triumph probably hinges on how they follow it up this year

We should have been 3 up by the time they scored. This lack of finishing and putting the game to bed is worrying. Unacceptable to drop points at home in such a manner.

We up it by 15/20% we're fine. Right now it's a concern imo.
We've been saying that almost after every other game. I'm concerned, that mob are only 4 points behind us and are scoring goals. Yes, we beat them at Ibrox, but we need to sort our shit out pronto.

Some nice FF over reaction :))

We’re perilously close to throwing away this league after 9 games when we’re top of the league and 4 points ahead of our most realistic challengers.

Don’t you just love FF after we don’t win :)):))
Aye. One bed wetters monicker is 'captain courageous'. You cant make FF up.

Back