Ole’s still at the wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaramanga

But for how much longer? See United lost 4-2 to Leicester today, Maguire getting rushed back in and rinsed (allegedly) for a couple of goals.

Think the Ronaldo thing could be a problem for him too, got a bit of grief a few weeks ago for suggesting he might be a hinderance in games against some of the better more dynamic sides, but reading he just didn’t get in the game today. You don’t see many top sides with out and out poachers now, but because of his names and marketability it’s maybe not easy to drop him. Cavani certainly works a hell of a lot harder.

Here’s a question, if their owners do eventually see sense and give him the boot (god forbid because I’m enjoying the Ole era a lot), who should they be looking at? Conte?

If he gets sacked he would be lucky to get another EPL job. How can that be possible for a manager of the self proclaimed biggest club in the world?

btw whatever happened to Renoranger that was always all over threads like this?

If he gets sacked he would be lucky to get another EPL job. How can that be possible for a manager of the self proclaimed biggest club in the world?

Good question, used to always argue with me such was his blind loyalty to Liverpool. I really hope he’s okay though, I know he suffered a personal tragedy a year or two back. Good guy (even if we did butt heads a bit regarding EPL debates).

Nice guy but way out of his depth.Bellshill juniors are looking for someone so at least he has options

He should have gone a season ago. How he is still in a job I will never know?

That squad should be challenging, they won’t under Solskjaer. He’s not got a clue how to handle quality players like De Beek and Sancho.

He should have gone a season ago. How he is still in a job I will never know?

That squad should be challenging, they won’t under Solskjaer. He’s not got a clue how to handle quality players like De Beek and Sancho.
Probably a certain big nosed, red faced Glaswegian sticking up for him.

It genuinely was an insane signing. When you look at the players he is managing it is even more bonkers. I am amazed he has kept his job so long at Man Utd.

They might need to move quickly before Newcastle try and get a new manager. Might already be too late.

Just been speaking to half a dozen Man U fans on the Leicester to Sheffield train, they are desperate for him to go, and want
Rodgers to replace him…

The support will never turn on him. Neither will Keane, SAF or Neville. The fact he got anywhere near the job is evidence in itself of how dysfunctional that club is. Their squad cost £600m. Mind blowing.

Even in the darkest days of Moyes, I'd argue half the league would've taken him as their manager.

But Solskjaer is such a mental appointment. It's the equivalent of us giving Gordon Durie the manager's gig.
Durie also has a less creepy smile.

But for how much longer? See United lost 4-2 to Leicester today, Maguire getting rushed back in and rinsed (allegedly) for a couple of goals.

Think the Ronaldo thing could be a problem for him too, got a bit of grief a few weeks ago for suggesting he might be a hinderance in games against some of the better more dynamic sides, but reading he just didn’t get in the game today. You don’t see many top sides with out and out poachers now, but because of his names and marketability it’s maybe not easy to drop him. Cavani certainly works a hell of a lot harder.

Here’s a question, if their owners do eventually see sense and give him the boot (god forbid because I’m enjoying the Ole era a lot), who should they be looking at? Conte?
I've said it for ages, Utd will win feck all with him in charge. Just because he was a great player for them, doesn't make him a great manager. Look at John Greig and Super Ally for us. I think Utd should pay whatever is required to get in Diego Simeone from Atletico Madrid. He is a born winner and takes no shit. There are too many passengers at Utd.

Just watched the highlights on MOTD.

Maguire a totty at that goal but a sublime finish from Tielemans.

“Is it a wake up call Ole?”

“No. Because we’ve had lots of wake up calls before”

Hehe.

The finishing in that game was spectacular from both teams.

Was like watching a different sport from our game this afternoon.

Man Utd will never close the gap on City, Liverpool, Chelsea with Ole at the wheel.. look at Chelsea ditching Lampard for Tuchel. Utd should be making a similar change

All round Nice guy just out of his depth. He's been heavily backed with players they have brought in but also some of them have let him down big time. For me they should of kept the faith in brining their youth through with adding little bits to fill the gaps. They have some players now who will pass their peak in the next couple of years so that will be another heavy chunk to rebuild again

Could make an argument for Ole having the best squad as well out of those four.
britney-britney-spears.gif

Gary Neville basically came out recently and said the Ronaldo signing isn't a good thing for the team overall and how they want to play. Said he'd much rather they went for Kane.

Basically said with Ronaldo you have to play to suit him. He's not going to track back or press from the front so the others have to do it for him. He said in the Champions League final 10 or so years ago against Barca it was like that and it's worse now.

Gary Neville basically came out recently and said the Ronaldo signing isn't a good thing for the team overall and how they want to play. Said he'd much rather they went for Kane.

Basically said with Ronaldo you have to play to suit him. He's not going to track back or press from the front so the others have to do it for him. He said in the Champions League final 10 or so years ago against Barca it was like that and it's worse now.

Stats up earier showed he presses less than anyone. He’ll still come away with a decent tally but I think he’ll hinder them against better sides, especially in the CL.

Incidentally he had 3 great chances to score today and blew them so it’s not as though he was starved of service.

Rodgers probably

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back