Is there anyone not worried?

We are top of the league because we have played all the easier and harder teams at home and away we’ll see what this teams made of come 2nd of January if it even makes it that long if we hit the self destruct button early.

Goldson playing like he doesn’t care or want to be here.
Goldson was shocking again today. Indecisive, poor passing and general apathy.

In injury time when we were desperate for a goal he gave possession away 3 times, he’s a passenger and is going to cost us big style.

Knew there’d be one smart arse.

Our form has deteriorated since the start of the season.

If we carry on this way, Celtic will leapfrog us.

Do keep up.
Today was one of, if not our best performance of the season so to say we have deteriorated since then is flat out wrong.

I’m not worried by anything other than the failure to kill the game off. We will win this league.

Last season we were scoring from all through the team and keeping clean sheet after clean sheet.
Now we need 20 chances to score a goal and almost every game we concede.
This Rangers team aren't winning the title unless we sort both ends of ths pitch. I wish I knew how to fix it, but anyone not worried is stuck in last season. We've played all the best teams at home, what will our results be like when we visit Parkhead, Easter Road and Tynecastle?
This is the fear I have… between now and new year we have Motherwell, hearts, hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen all away we are incapable of killing games and now making numerous defensive mistakes every game.

Today was one of, if not our best performance of the season so to say we have deteriorated since then is flat out wrong.

I’m not worried by anything other than the failure to kill the game off. We will win this league.
We fluffed our lines in front of goal repeatedly. That isn’t the sign of a good performance IMO.

A good performance in the league is having the game won by half time.

We look a million miles away from doing that these days.

Have always been positive on here and derided most of the negativity because it’s largely overstated.

However, Gerrard’s mismanagement of the squad and his stupid substitutions have me struggling to be positive anymore.

Too many similar mistakes doesn’t sit well.

When people say "when we click" or "when we find form" everything will okay, we're 3 months into the season and we haven't yet. So far based on the evidence this is it, dropping points at home, scraping by and hanging onto away games, that won't last forever.

Is that a worry? It's a concern for me. It's that simple.

We played great for 80% of that game, talking a best of the season performance. Lack of clinical finishing + a crazy sub (Bacuna for Aribo is one to make if you’re 3-0 up) cost us. Confident Ryan Kent added to that team plus, hopefully, Jack will quickly make us uncatchable. Alfie needs to sharpen up in the last third though - he’s lost his edge,

I wish our form was a little better. Bar the finishing, I thought we looked very good at times today.

“Worried” is absolutely not the word I’d use. Even back in the day, I wasn’t this sure of winning the league; I genuinely think it’ll be a stroll to the title - as in our performances won’t have to improve much (if at all) to win the league.

Genuinely, “worried” is not close to my mind when watching us domestically.

I wish our form was a little better. Bar the finishing, I thought we looked very good at times today.

“Worried” is absolutely not the word I’d use. Even back in the day, I wasn’t this sure of winning the league; I genuinely think it’ll be a stroll to the title - as in our performances won’t have to improve much (if at all) to win the league.

Genuinely, “worried” is nowhere close to mind when watching us domestically.

Defence looks shaky each game.

We are top after playing very average all season and top by 4 points .

They have no players who know what success is like in an old firm contect bar Mcgregor and always injured Forrest.

Im happy enough - we have been hampered with covid issues and injuries and a very average pre season .

That said - grace period is now over.

Need to start to put our foot down .

Morelos needs a bit of time out of the side after that showing today

Patterson to start for me as well now .

Some nice FF over reaction :))

We’re perilously close to throwing away this league after 9 games when we’re top of the league and 4 points ahead of our most realistic challengers.

Don’t you just love FF after we don’t win :)):))
Geez peace. Anyone not concerned by what we are seeing is a clown. We are 1 point ahead of them outside the OF. So whilst we are slagging Angeball and laughing at their back 4 the reality is we are 1 pt better off against the rest of the league and we have played all the better teams at home.
Any rangers fan who continues to push the vibe of “everything’s fine, they’re pish, we will skoosh it” is part of the problem. We are accepting pure garbage.

I am not worried about winning the league, but am concerned about the conversion of chances to goals. When that clicks, there will only be a contest for 2nd place.

I certainly didn’t expect them to take 6/6 from pittodrie and fir park , they go to Easter road and win to we will definitely have a challenge I didn’t expect on our hands
A challenge that should still be miles off, if we could score more and kills games off instead we scrape by till near end of games other teams sense the fear in our defense and we crumble i could see that coming a full 20 mins before they scored.

I've been worried since about 6 or 7 games in. We looked lethargic and careless and that hasn't changed in the months since. Very concerning time. Does no one any good to gloss over it.
We won’t win the league and if we do it will be down to them being worse than us but at the moment I can’t see us doing much this season, there’s to much to fix

Genuinely, “worried” is not close to my mind when watching us domestically.
I like your confidence and hope you are correct mate im not worried but a little concerned were watching the same movie over and over again.

Anybody that isn't worried probably isn't worth listening to tbh.

The one major worry about this team is that even when do get in front and absolutely pummeling the opposition we don't go for the killer 2nd or 3rd goal and decide to sit back and bring the opposition on to us like it's some sort of tactical masterstroke. That needs to stop or results like today will continue to happen - it's almost like we get momentum and use it as a negative.

Geez peace. Anyone not concerned by what we are seeing is a clown. We are 1 point ahead of them outside the OF. So whilst we are slagging Angeball and laughing at their back 4 the reality is we are 1 pt better off against the rest of the league and we have played all the better teams at home.
Any rangers fan who continues to push the vibe of “everything’s fine, they’re pish, we will skoosh it” is part of the problem. We are accepting pure garbage.
Ramp up the drama ffs :D

Been worried since pre-season when we lost to Tranmere fxcking Rovers.

No change in way we've been playing since pre-season can only ride our luck so often and win we need to perform for both halves not one.

Played some great football today. First half was superb.
On another day that was a 4 goal winning margin.
Strikers misfiring yes but the panic of some is hilarious.

There's plenty of folk who don't appear worried because we're 4-points clear of Celtic.

Their prerogative I suppose but I'd rather be a bit more honest about how things are atm.

Spot on IMO, and same goes for the OP.

There appears to be a prevailing attitude out there in fan media/podcast land that it is beyond argument and utterly inevitable the season is going to pan out one of two ways:

1. We inevitably and very very soon hit form/click/everyone gets their sh*t together and by December we’re umpteen points clear of the scum/2nd place and the league is sewn up.

2. We stumble along as we are, but seeing out games by one goal because that’s the “mark of champions”, winning the league by a smaller margain than we’d like but coasting to it none the less because the scum are p*sh.

IMO it’s utter fantasy land stuff if anyone thinks our current form is going to secure the league title and any cup wins. Too many within the support don’t want to call out what’s painfully obvious because we were all screaming that it wasn’t working around Jan-March 2020. We sorted it all out during that close season and lockdown and were immense to deliver 55.

No one wants to be the one screaming “this is p*sh!” if we go on to win the league and sweep all before us again this season.

Sadly, there’s absolutely NOTHING pointing towards that being how the season pans out.

They certainly seem to have more goals in them than we do just now. And I don’t think some people on here appreciate how the late signings of Jota, Juranovic and Carter-Vickers have closed the gap. There’s no room for complacency.

Ramp up the drama ffs :D
As said. Part of the problem if you don’t accept what we are seeing. We have major issues front to back. It’s not over dramatising, it’s simple reality. In the next quarter we play hearts hibs Motherwell Celtic away from home.
And again, to pre-empt the mundane insanity…spare me the “we will beat all them”. We are not scoring goals and we can’t keep clean sheets. We have zero creativity in the middle. We lack pace and heart and fight. To deny this is pure delusion

To be honest i dont feel worried. I feel more deflated after the highs and waiting on the same form returning.

Aye but Celtic are shit…

They’ve just gone to Aberdeen, Motherwell and won. We couldn’t beat two terrible sides in Hearts and Motherwell at home.

We aren’t scoring goals and this team can’t keep a clean sheet. Obvious concerns. Near on 20 competitive matches into the season and we are still miles off it.

I’m sure some will be along soon enough to come away with the usual talk.
Hearts are far better than Aberdeen

I be expected a reaction after the scenes at the end of the Hibs match. TBF we got it 1st half - just couldn’t put the game to bed.

2nd half was poor from every area of the park, management included.

We’ve not put two halves of football together all season.

The worrying thing for me was that the minute Hearts put a bit of pressure on us, everything we had did really well in the first 60 minutes disappeared.

There's a fragility to this side that simply wasn't there last year.

I’m worried. We haven’t found any rhythm this season at all. We are the best of a bad lot currently at a domestic level. Our european campaign could effectively end on Thursday if we don’t find some form.
I’m hoping in the next couple of weeks the two Ryan’s will give us a lift. Helander hopefully coming back in the new year also will be a huge boost.
Currently though we’re anything but inspiring and I have to worry we’re going to throw it all away again.

I like your confidence and hope you are correct mate im not worried but a little concerned were watching the same movie over and over again.
Nothing wrong with that. I’d say that’s entirely “normal”.

I genuinely have not found myself sitting “worried” after any league game this season; disappointed, frustrated, annoyed - yes. Worried - no.

As said. Part of the problem if you don’t accept what we are seeing. We have major issues front to back. It’s not over dramatising, it’s simple reality. In the next quarter we play hearts hibs Motherwell Celtic away from home.
And again, to pre-empt the mundane insanity…spare me the “we will beat all them”. We are not scoring goals and we can’t keep clean sheets. We have zero creativity in the middle. We lack pace and heart and fight. To deny this is pure delusion
Again with the drama but allow me to humour you for a second because I'm genuinely intrigued. You say that people are part of the problem if they accept this yeah? So how should people let the club know they don't accept it? Bleating on here? Boo the team off the park? Turn up at the training centre? Call for the manager's head?

The biggest and most concerning issue is putting the ball in the net. Fix that and you fix our season.

Alfie is useless in front of goal this season so get someone else in the CF position. Roofe hasn't been great when he's played this season either. Let's find out if Sakala can be the main man. I fear persisting with Alfie in the next few games will see more of the same finishing. S

Spot on IMO, and same goes for the OP.

There appears to be a prevailing attitude out there in fan media/podcast land that it is beyond argument and utterly inevitable the season is going to pan out one of two ways:

1. We inevitably and very very soon hit form/click/everyone gets their sh*t together and by December we’re umpteen points clear of the scum/2nd place and the league is sewn up.

2. We stumble along as we are, but seeing out games by one goal because that’s the “mark of champions”, winning the league by a smaller margain than we’d like but coasting to it none the less because the scum are p*sh.

IMO it’s utter fantasy land stuff if anyone thinks our current form is going to secure the league title and any cup wins. Too many within the support don’t want to call out what’s painfully obvious because we were all screaming that it wasn’t working around Jan-March 2020. We sorted it all out during that close season and lockdown and were immense to deliver 55.

No one wants to be the one screaming “this is p*sh!” if we go on to win the league and sweep all before us again this season.

Sadly, there’s absolutely NOTHING pointing towards that being how the season pans out.

And yet, we're top of the table and in the semi-final of the League Cup. It suggests we are meeting the domestic challenges despite being off-form and having concerns throughout the team.

There's an assumption that Celtic will improve but not us. Why is that?

Again with the drama but allow me to humour you for a second because I'm genuinely intrigued. You say that people are part of the problem if they accept this yeah? So how should people let the club know they don't accept it? Bleating on here? Boo the team off the park? Turn up at the training centre? Call for the manager's head?

Well to me, part of the issue is there are a bewildering volume of fans on here who seem to have some delusion that everything is ok. For a start we need to start waking up and smelling the coffee.
As for how to let the club know. Well, for a start, we now control the media questions being asked to the manager. So less of the soft ball nonsense and start asking him why he made such bizarre subs today. (If someone asks genuine questions half the people on here are critical) Ask him why we are misfiring up front and unable to keep clean sheets. Ask him why Tav, who is contributing zero to the side still plays every week in front of Patterson. These are all valid questions and the manager needs to start feeling the heat instead of the supine acceptance of mediocrity. The continuous playing of Tav ahead of NP is now bordering on bizarre - but little noise is made of it.

I am not over concerned because the first half today was superb and we created a lot of chances against a Hearts team that we made look very ordinary.
However, unless we start winning these games and comfortably put teams away when we are in the ascendancy, the fear make creep in and cause us to drop more points that could cost us dearly.

I am not over concerned because the first half today was superb and we created a lot of chances against a Hearts team that we made look very ordinary.
However, unless we start winning these games and comfortably put teams away when we are in the ascendancy, the fear make creep in and cause us to drop more points that could cost us dearly.
They are very ordinary!!! It wasn’t out play that made them look that way. Conversely, in the second half we allowed a distinctly ordinary team to dominate.

Back