Bacuna

I see folk have not learned there lesson in writing people off after playing about 180 mins of football - See Lundstram for details.

Maybe he was unlucky but we lost control of the game when he came on. The main worry is he doesn't appear to have a clue how to cover, shut a player down or get the right side of the ball. He looked absolutely lost -maybe he's a more attacking player but we won't be seeing too much of him based on that performance however I am going to have to think he really just came on at a bad time as if that's his normal overall midfield ability in training I'd be wondering why he came on......

Needs time, looks very very ordinary.

Seen a bit of criticism for him today.

He created at least three excellent chances with perfect through-balls. Got a great eye for a pass.

Just think he'd maybe be better from the start rather than as an impact sub where his work rate defensively isn't as high.
Miscontrolled his first touch today and an arse near us shouted “aye, fucking nice touch”. He’d been on about six seconds.

Reactions: fmp
Sorry OP. Don't see it myself. Competent attacking but horrendous out of possesion.
Couldn’t really see much of his apparent good work today as he was attacking the opposite end from me in the Broomloan but he was done with a 1-2 at least 3 times today…rushing to his man and then not following the man after he made the pass. A lot on here say he did a lot of good stuff though so like Sakala, willing to stick with him for a while yet.

I’m certainly not writing him off, but I thought he was poor. Our structure was non-existent when he came on, he completely disrupted what had been working well.

That’s also on the management though.

Not had a proper opportunity. Needs a start in the league. Probably worth a start ahead of Wright.

He played through balls that should have been buried he took a good long shot effort and he showed a bit of fight as well. Players at fault but he is not one. Alfie forgot how to score tap ins today unfortunately. Kris boys played today it would have been 5-1

He created at least three excellent chances with perfect through-balls. Got a great eye for a pass.

Just think he'd maybe be better from the start rather than as an impact sub where his work rate defensively isn't as high.
Sorry I just can’t see why we’ve got him seems to flatter to deceive, he’s just another player on a wage that could be spent elsewhere.

He’s neat and tidy and clearly a clever footballer but I think he will struggle for a few reasons.

1. I don’t know what position he will play best in. Doesn’t seem to be an out and out anything.

2. For all the neat and tidy football not sure he will be one fo rack up big numbers of assists or goals.

3. His body language will have sections of the Ibrox crowd screaming at him for next to no reason at all at times.

He will be good for us

Another who looks totally fine going from the midfield 3, to 10 to wide areas, good football player

A couple of his passes were class

Bacuna is gash, completely ineffective in any game I've seen him. For dead wood like Wright to be selected in front of him tells us all we need to know.
How many said the same of today’s man of the match after his first 4 appearances- Bacuna just like Lundstrum will come good

Doesn't have a defined role so far thought he was right sided midfielder ?

All his cameos so far have seen him play pretty much in and around the forward line.

timing was bad, but he was pretty poor today.

If you want to take an opportunity, take the opportunity please Juninho

There’s a player there, gets the weight on a killer pass absolutely spot on which is something we’ve been missing, just a couple concerns with his defensive ability and physicality (which can be worked on)

Harsh on him to get thrown in a high pressure game like that, lunacy from Gerrard
If he can’t do a turn against hearts he’s not good enough. But needs time.

Honestly not impressed with him so far but he has not played much and many players take time to get up to speed playing for us.
Anyway he came on left side then was shuffled over to right side to accomodate a defensive holding on tactic (which he is NOT suited for) by the manager. Ridiculous.
So... blame lies with the manager. Very bad day at the office!!
I think he may still be getting to grips with our system. At one point today he wandered into no mans land in front of Lundstram and not only took himself out the game but stopped Lundstram making the pass he was going to make.

But as others have said, he had a few nice touches. If our strikers were at even half of where they should be at today, that games a runaway.

He’s not even played a full 90 mins yet ! When Lundstrom appeared he was shit according to some on here and now he’s changed opinions you’d think we’d learn our lesson in judging players to quick
Not according to some on here. He was shit.. He has got better per game and has improved immensly.

I agree with the OP in all honesty.

A lot of criticism aimed at him but I'm unsure what folk expected of him? some nice touches and carved the Hearts defence open 2/3 times that almost led to a couple of goals (were our strikers not acting like absolute amateurs).

Blame the manager for it, not the player.
The manager didn’t miss the chances this lad set up!

Not convinced by him at all. He’s far too lackadaisical, coughs up possession too easily. The negatives outweigh the positive from what I’ve seen,

Maybe he was unlucky but we lost control of the game when he came on. The main worry is he doesn't appear to have a clue how to cover, shut a player down or get the right side of the ball. He looked absolutely lost -maybe he's a more attacking player but we won't be seeing too much of him based on that performance however I am going to have to think he really just came on at a bad time as if that's his normal overall midfield ability in training I'd be wondering why he came on......

Needs time, looks very very ordinary.
You summed up my own thoughts, and yes our own manager has also to look at the overall picture.

What’s the measurement here?
He created decent chances.
Does that make him ineffective?
The measurement is that we dropped two points against an average side. Bacuna failed to contribute, he's slow and hasn't done anything to justify his inclusion.

Too many people saying "he created two chances". Two chances we failed to convert!

Sounds like the time we beat Hibs 5-1 and all anybody could talk about was a brilliant pass by Scott Allan for the Hibs goal! Bacuna was caught and dispossessed more times than he created chances.

My observation is that he is gash...I'll maintain that opinion, its up to him to prove otherwise.

Sorry I just can’t see why we’ve got him seems to flatter to deceive, he’s just another player on a wage that could be spent elsewhere.

It's literally been explained in the post you've quoted what he can contribute. He played a couple of defence splitting passes which would have resulted in 2 goals and a win if our strikers could finish.

Good in the final third but wanders when we’re out of possession.

I think our tactics have been so good even the fans know where they should be when we’ve not got the ball and he’s not got that bit sorted yet.

The measurement is that we dropped two points against an average side. Bacuna failed to contribute, he's slow and hasn't done anything to justify his inclusion.

Too many people saying "he created two chances". Two chances we failed to convert!

Sounds like the time we beat Hibs 5-1 and all anybody could talk about was a brilliant pass by Scott Allan for the Hibs goal! Bacuna was caught and dispossessed more times than he created chances.

My observation is that he is gash...I'll maintain that opinion, its up to him to prove otherwise.
Look, you’ve using a failing of the team to blast a player.
Ridiculous.
Surely it was not his fault the chances weren’t converted.
He done his bit.
By the way, it was 6-1 against Hibs and the being dispossessed criticism could be levied at Ryan Kent and Davie Cooper before him.
Such a stupid thing to post.
It won’t be you that he needs to prove anything to.

There’s a player there, gets the weight on a killer pass absolutely spot on which is something we’ve been missing, just a couple concerns with his defensive ability and physicality (which can be worked on)

Harsh on him to get thrown in a high pressure game like that, lunacy from Gerrard
If you're playing for Rangers, all games are pressure, it's up to the individual to show he's up to the mark.

Should we just play him against Ross County?

SG has obviously been watching him I'm training and thinking he's ready!

Another player getting judged after a few appearances. Give the guy a chance ffs he may turn out good or bad but we won't know that till he's in his 2nd season with us.

Some of his passages of play suggest there is a really good footballer in there, but like many have said, what position does he play?

Frustrating.

Sorry but I do not see what he offers the team he looks a poor player

Back