Alfredo is wasted

When I saw the headline I thought you had discovered how he missed so many decent chances today!

…and yes I agree with your point as I said the same thing earlier today in a thread. It’s amazing to me how Gerrard has nullified him as a scorer to bring others into the game more.

An altered position doesn’t affect someone’s ability to finish chances.

He looks sluggish, half arsed application and his finishing at times is utterly horrendous

Time fans stopped making excuses for his performances by blaming the management, referees and whoever else the scattergun gets directed at

No he’s not. Alfredo does have a very good touch. If you think he gets a called up for Colombia and can’t control a football then your judgment is clouded. A ball might bounce off him from time to time but that can and does happen to all footballers. He’s our best player, and there won’t be many arguments about that, and best players for clubs of our size, generally can control a ball.

His first 3 contributions today were losing the ball. I think you need to take a closer look.

An altered position doesn’t affect someone’s ability to finish chances.

He looks sluggish, half arsed application and his finishing at times is utterly horrendous

Time fans stopped making excuses for his performances by blaming the management, referees and whoever else the scattergun gets directed at

Sad thing is you’ll be loving it. Means you can do what you do best and you don’t have to offer feint praise through gritted teeth as you’ve had to do for much of his time here when he’s been racking up the goals.

He doesn’t look interested at all to me, even the way he runs with ball is half hearted. His control today was shocking and the least said about his miss the better

Sad thing is you’ll be loving it. Means you can do what you do best and you don’t have to offer feint praise through gritted teeth as you’ve had to do for much of his time here when he’s been racking up the goals.
Yes I’m loving watching us drop points due to missed chances and sitters

Posters like you prove my point. Instead of admitting his form this season has been abysmal, you instead get upset with posters pointing at out and accuse them of being haters etc.

It’s weird behaviour

Just saw the highlights, he missed two absolute sitters. Nothing to do with his position.

He’s been outstanding in his current role since the first game of last season.

Morelos was dogshit today missed a sitter and made their centre half look like Baresi.

Behind him isn’t much better, we need 1 or 2 year ago Arfield/Kent pace and running. Aribo Hagi too slow to go beyond and Wright not good enough to start a game for Rangers.

He's been nowhere near his best for over a year now, probably since the Lille move broke down now I think about it. The amount of shots he scuffs is not acceptable at this level and points towards a severe lack of confidence and composure.
Needs to find some kind of form very quickly as it's only his reputation that's keeping him from getting benched right now.

Posters like you prove my point. Instead of admitting his form this season has been abysmal, you instead get upset with posters pointing at out and accuse them of being haters etc.

It’s weird behaviour
He’s been poor for a long time now, we should have cashed in 2 years ago when his stock was high

We’ve got a right strange support at times when it comes to talking down our own players. A player who at his best is brilliant at taking the ball in, making it stick and switching play, we’ve seen him do this countless times against top class opposition in Europe, yet we’ve got someone baulking at the idea his control is good. Makes you wonder why people bear such passionate grudges against some of our own. Weirdos
He's a fantastic finisher as long as he doesnt have too much time to think, half chance, with a quick decision to make and he'll score 9 times out of 10.

We always need a scapegoat when things don't go to plan and it won't be the last. This I say as someone who listened to rangers fans singing, ally ally gtf. Thank god the man had a thick skin.

Should've had at least 2 today. Wasteful, not wasted. Love the wee man to bits but he misses some amount of fucking sitters.

He’s been poor for a long time now, we should have cashed in 2 years ago when his stock was high
Tend to agree. Admire the board for sticking to their 20M valuation but I felt at the time that we should have cashed in. Alfie has sadly regressed somewhat since then and it's hard to see that fee being realised again.

It’s weird behaviour

Only thing that retort proves is that you haven’t been reading my comments on Morelos today. I don’t think you’re happy with dropped points at all, but I KNOW you’ll take consolation from the fact Morelos was largely responsible today because you live to have a go at him and are desperate to be proven right.

That’s what I’d class as weird behaviour, not other fans questioning your strong dislike for one of the clubs best players in recent seasons. It’s more or less what you’re known for on here.

He's a fantastic finisher as long as he doesnt have too much time to think, half chance, with a quick decision to make and he'll score 9 times out of 10.

We always need a scapegoat when things don't go to plan and it won't be the last. This I say as someone who listened to rangers fans singing, ally ally gtf. Thank god the man had a thick skin.

I think it’s strange that he’s so polarising among the support on here given what he’s given us and the fact he’s been absolute value for money. Look at the way he celebrated his last goal and then look at all these ridiculous claims he can’t be arsed and doesn’t want to be here that have been thrown around today.

Some players lose form, but that’s not acceptable to some of the brains trust, there must be an ulterior motive, they must want away, they must be overweight, they must be half arsing it etc etc. We’ve already seen all this shite trotted out RE Morelos before, and we’ve seen him make these fans look like mugs. Let’s hope he does it all over again.

He needs to be front and centre. Great at control and bringing others into the game but we have lost our threat in the penalty box. We are turning a 30 goal man into a 15 goal man.
“We“ aren’t doing anything to him imho
He’s doing this himself, just not good enough

Only thing that retort proves is that you haven’t been reading my comments on Morelos today. I don’t think you’re happy with dropped points at all, but I KNOW you’ll take consolation from the fact Morelos was largely responsible today because you live to have a go at him and are desperate to be proven right.

That’s what I’d class as weird behaviour, not other fans questioning your strong dislike for one of the clubs best players in recent seasons. It’s more or less what you’re known for on here.
More tripe.

Anything other than a Rangers win puts a major spoiler on my weekend. I take no consolation for Morelos being garbage.

I’ve repeatedly said I like him. I appreciate the goals he’s scored for us, plenty of big goals in Europe especially.

However, I refuse to get misty eyed with any of our players and will criticise when it’s merited.

Some on here seem to think I hate him because I’ll be one of only a few that will criticise him when merited. Although on here, he has plenty of folk that point blank refuse any criticism of him at all and even when he’s pish, folk will claim he played well.

More tripe.

Anything other than a Rangers win puts a major spoiler on my weekend. I take no consolation for Morelos being garbage.

I’ve repeatedly said I like him. I appreciate the goals he’s scored for us, plenty of big goals in Europe especially.

However, I refuse to get misty eyed with any of our players and will criticise when it’s merited.

Some on here seem to think I hate him because I’ll be one of only a few that will criticise him when merited. Although on here, he has plenty of folk that point blank refuse any criticism of him at all and even when he’s pish, folk will claim he played well.

More tripe.

If all of that is true then why are you infamous for your dislike of him. Or should I say alleged dislike since you claim not to have an issue with him, presumably all the nonsense you’ve directed at him in previous seasons was justified.

More tripe.

If all of that is true then why are you infamous for your dislike of him. Or should I say alleged dislike since you claim not to have an issue with him, presumably all the nonsense you’ve directed at him in previous seasons was justified.
Every season at us has been a mixed bag. Half the season good, half the season average/poor.

First half of last season he was average/poor yet folk on here would have you believe he was bang in form. Thats generally when I was accused of being a “hater”.

Couldn’t hold the ball up , when he went fifty fifty the ref wasn’t having it. Shocking finishing , probably the worst display from him .
The ref wasn’t having any of it because he just fell over several times when the ball was played into feet and a defender was breathing down his neck. Instead of being strong and backing in he went down hoping for non existent fouls.

Boyce tried the same and the ref wasn’t having any of it either.

Need to see it again but it was a shocking miss by the pair of them. Lots of similar ones this season when we are 3 on 3 or 2 on 2 or transition and jus can’t finish it. It’s a massive failing atm.

obviously he’s not because he isn’t scoring goals
His record in front of goal has been dire since 2020 began and he's been playing striker the entire time. He's in his right 'position'. I have no idea what nonsense you're talking. Its literally a fact he's playing in his correct position.

He needs to be front and centre. Great at control and bringing others into the game but we have lost our threat in the penalty box. We are turning a 30 goal man into a 15 goal man.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.... He was given 2 on a plate today and fucked them, stop arse licking Alfie ffs.
He cost us points today plain and simple.
The excuses for Alfie are running out, he's been churning out half arsed performances all season.

So far this season I've had a little bit of sympathy for the strikers because despite not being on the form they've not had great service.

Today was different though, we played some great stuff and put a few chances on a plate for Morelos and he made a cünt of it.

Our football has seen an improvement recently, if the strikers can now wake up we'll be ok.
I agree , played some nice stuff today, it's coming together. But we need a 2nd goal to settle us.

I appreciate there are many on here who simply won't countenance any criticism of Morelos.

However, since December 2019 his general output, fitness and work rate have steadily deteriorated.

This nonsense about him dropping deep and being asked to play a different role has to stop.

The idea that a centre forward who drops in and links up can't also get himself back up the park, into the box and score goals is ridiculous.

He hasn't got the move he's wanted due to his finishing. Alfie isn't clinical enough and doesn't strike the ball well. He really needs to apply himself more - I think he's being indulged a little by the management, likely because we don't have much alternatives.

A shame we no longer have the 5 sub rule. I'm sure we would have seen Defoe by now.

Alfredo isn’t as good as we think he his.
Exactly, hence the reason he's still a Rangers player, he isn't top level at all, some supporters just cannot or will not see this though because they are deluded and think their opinion will dictate us getting a bigger transfer fee.
The reality is Alfredo cost us 1 million, he's been great value for that but the reason he's still here is he's an average footballer

Alfredo isn’t as good as we think he his.
Nonsense. You don't score the amount of goals he has or break allys record in Europe by not being "as good as we think he is". Or by being average like the above poster seems to think o_O

We think he's as good as he is because of what we've seen him do and we know what he can do. I don't think any fan has unrealistic expectations of him and think he's the next Messi or something. Alfredo has plain and simple earned his reputation

other teams can read him easy to play against, you know when he gets it on the turn his first thought is the Hollywood switch every time without fail so frustrating to watch it’s like he has lost his ability to try and commit a defender nowadays his decision making is so poor taking pot shots from positions he has never scored from before they are red flags and automatic substation IMO said it before he will be lucky to get a 25k a week deal playing like this doesn’t bully defenders atal anymore so wasteful roofe needs to get a run through the middle at least he’s clinical 1/5 times in a game

Agree that's the reason he is still here anybody looking at him objectively can see he's regressed rather than improved.
He drops deep and brings others into play but or something like that….

He got 3 wage rises because he was scoring goals, he now isn’t scoring consistently, and missing too many chances.

I know he’s absolutely loved on here and in general but how he lasted 90 yesterday is beyond me. I’d sell him 100% in summer.

Nonsense. You don't score the amount of goals he has or break allys record in Europe by not being "as good as we think he is". Or by being average like the above poster seems to think o_O

We think he's as good as he is because of what we've seen him do and we know what he can do. I don't think any fan has unrealistic expectations of him and think he's the next Messi or something. Alfredo has plain and simple earned his reputation
Excellent in Europe.no dispute about that but we need a striker who buries chances in Scotland and it’s to hit or miss with Morelos.

Of course he is, his movement and finishing is much better than Morelos is.

I’ve yet to see Roofe get anywhere near Morelos’s peak form at Rangers. Not denying Morelos isn’t playing well just now and needs a spell out of the side, but “Roofe is 10x better” is a prime example of the sort of abject shite I’m talking about. Add that to nonsense about him having not had to adapt his game to the detriment of his own tally and not being able to control a ball.

By the way, it seems to have somehow flown under the radar but Roofe also blew a golden chance to put us 2-0 up. They don’t seem to count when he misses though, which happens a lot more regularly than you’d think from reading this forum.

For me Aribo should be bursting the net instead of laying back to Morelos who perhaps didn't expect it and the Roofe pass was overhit but yes he still should have scored.

For me Aribo should be bursting the net instead of laying back to Morelos who perhaps didn't expect it and the Roofe pass was overhit but yes he still should have scored.
Another thing that’s being completely overlooked. He overcooked it, simple as, I find it strange that anyone could argue otherwise.

For me he looks overweight abs has lost his pace

He no longer runs away from anyone or bullies defenders beats them with a trick

The chances missed yesterday really cost us

Love the wee man but he needs to improve

Reactions: VGM
Back