January Window

londonbluenose

Not an over reaction before anyone says that....

I think there will be a big rebuild in the summer whatever happens from now till then

January is so important we get 1 or 2 in, think this squad badly needs it

Who realistically would you want us to get?

Also with players leaving

Barker
Simpson
Kelly (loan)

I don't think we will do much business in all honesty.

Best we can do is offload some fringe players save the wages and tie up some decent bosmans.

Sorting out our shamboic recruitment has to be an urgent priority though and questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson we also need decent funds to be be made available next summer I think you'll also see a few of our main players moved on aswell.

I've a feeling of we get a decent bid for the likes of Morelos, Aribo or Kamara they will be off. We need funds in the door and I hope there are a few quality loan signings kicking about that would improve our 1st team, we need guys who are gonna add numbers to our play

I think there will be a big rebuild in the summer whatever happens from now till then

Barker
Simpson
Kelly (loan)
Who is going to take Simpson permanently when he has 3 and a half years left on his contract come January time? Barker as well he isn't going to give up what he's on when he's out of contract in the summer.

We need to exploit the loan window or something, I’m not sure what the answer is.

We need a winger, centre back and an out and out poacher, even if all are just on a six month loan.

Who is going to take Simpson permanently when he has 3 and a half years left on his contract come January time? Barker as well he isn't going to give up what he's on when he's out of contract in the summer.
Fair point

Both terrible signings

I've a feeling of we get a decent bid for the likes of Morelos, Aribo or Kamara they will be off. We need funds in the door and I hope there are a few quality loan signings kicking about that would improve our 1st team, we need guys who are gonna add numbers to our play
Wouldn't lose sleep about Morelos or Aribo if it's a decent bid if I'm honest

Wouldn't want to lose Kamara though

Morelos form means he can’t be our main striker just now - although his play outside the box is so important- but maybe time to cash in? Roofe main focus ? Itten back to offer an alternative ? If we honest this is a problem that started before league was won , a lot of close calls - yesterday we looked amazing at times - just no goals

Quality costs money. Do you think Ross Wilson wants to be signing Aberdeen players and freebies? Give him 20 million and the quality of player we sign will be higher.
I'll be quite honest for a guy with his C.V and his contacts do you think he's doing enough as our DOF ?

Lundstram and Roofe aside his recruitment hasn't been the best.

Fair point

Both terrible signings
On paper Simpson made sense a left sided centre half which are hard to come by to come in and cover for Helander. In reality he looks like a player that hasn't played much football in his career and for me he should have been loaned out in the summer to go and play 40/50 games somewhere.

I'll be quite honest for a guy with his C.V and his contacts do you think he's doing enough as our DOF ?
I think we need to sell before we see what Wilson can do

Not getting CL money was such a big kick in the balls too

Your right though getting frees and Bournemouth reserves won't get us where we want to be

On paper Simpson made sense a left sided centre half which are hard to come by to come in and cover for Helander. In reality he looks like a player that hasn't played much football in his career and for me he should have been loaned out in the summer to go and play 40/50 games somewhere.
Yep but hes never a Rangers player bud. So weak and easily beat

We need an upgrade on Wright that’s for sure. Sakala needs to improve too otherwise I’d be looking at sending him on loan and bringing in a replacement.

We need money - it’s simple some don’t realise this - a big sale needs to happen to allow us to invest in some potential new quality players.

But if bids don’t come (or don’t match our expected value) then that’s an issue.

January is notoriously bad time for deals so I doubt there will be much movement as mentioned unless a Hagi / Aribo / Morelos / Kamara is sold.

What is a decent bid now? Morelos won’t attract the 20m we wanted at one time so what would we accept?

A poacher / goalscorer is 100% needed

There are potential gems out there , we don’t need to be spending £5m+ on Nisbet (not that we would)

Goldson will pen a pre-contract in Jan, so there needs an element of planning for that. Do we take a paltry fee, and try and get someone in?
Or rely on a Goldson at the business end of the season, who wants to protect himself for next season in England? That's an ever present needing replaced right away.

Goldson will pen a pre-contract in Jan, so there needs an element of planning for that. Do we take a paltry fee, and try and get someone in?
Or rely on a Goldson at the business end of the season, who wants to protect himself for next season in England? That's an ever present needing replaced right away.
Sell him. If he dont want to be here get rid

Injection of quality needed in January to get us over line. Don’t care if it’s loan deals or such. The current squad as it is won’t have enough in the tanks

Best we can do is offload some fringe players save the wages and tie up some decent bosmans.

Sorting out our shamboic recruitment has to be an urgent priority though and questions need to be asked of Ross Wilson we also need decent funds to be be made available next summer I think you'll also see a few of our main players moved on aswell.
It wasn’t Ross Wilson who recruited barker was it ? And I think Kent,Aribo,Lunstrum,Barasic,Kamara,goldson,Roofe,defoe,were all his signings not bad recruiting in my eyes a few quid profit in there for reinvestment into the team if sold on in the summer don’t you think?.

Injection of quality needed in January to get us over line. Don’t care if it’s loan deals or such. The current squad as it is won’t have enough in the tanks
We’ll probably finish bottom of the EL group given our current form, so at least that cuts down the workload to SPFL and Scottish Cup only after New Year.

A poacher / goalscorer is 100% needed

There are potential gems out there , we don’t need to be spending £5m+ on Nisbet (not that we would)

Where are these potential gems? I think that’s what we tried with Itten and Sakala and it didn’t work with Itten and unless Sakala gets a run of games it likely won’t work with him either.

It wasn’t Ross Wilson who recruited barker was it ? And I think Kent,Aribo,Lunstrum,Barasic,Kamara,goldson,Roofe,defoe,were all his signings not bad recruiting in my eyes a few quid profit in there for reinvestment into the team if sold on in the summer don’t you think?.
Kent, Aribo, Barisic, Kamara, Goldson were all signed before Ross Wilson arrived.

We need to exploit the loan window or something, I’m not sure what the answer is.

We need a winger, centre back and an out and out poacher, even if all are just on a six month loan.
We won't be signing an out and out poacher because the bench wants our forwards to either constantly drop deep to link play or get out wide. We signed a target man in Itten and he got punted out wide. It's a tactical review that we need more than anything otherwise whoever we sign it will just be more of the same.

Badly need a striker. Even a loan in January would make sense just to freshen it up.
But agree players need to go as well if they aren’t going to play a part

I think we'll see a bit of cash spent in January. Knowing that that extra bit of quality wins us the league and guarantees us Champions League football will be worth so much money to the club.

We won't be signing an out and out poacher because the bench wants our forwards to either constantly drop deep to link play or get out wide. We signed a target man in Itten and he got punted out wide. It's a tactical review that we need more than anything otherwise whoever we sign it will just be more of the same.
Too many players signed who don't fit or can't adjust to the system.

Exactly, said same yesterday, our best performer was bought in the summer.

I know, it seems to be a default for fans that if we get a bad result it’s down to recruitment. The players that dropped a level yesterday (Tav, Morelos etc) are players that are considered to be good signings.

Some of the early day posts on Lundstram were a disgrace on here but the same thing is happening with Sakala and JB.

Simpson seems to be the general reference point on recruitment for a lot of folk on here.

Too many players signed who don't fit or can't adjust to the system.
That being the case the prudent option isn't to go out splashing cash we don't have but to adjust the system to the players strengths. Even Lennon had the foresight after losing the 2-1 new year game to change things up to save his 8.5 in a row dream as tainted and as lucky as it was. Rangers need to find a way to win. We are too over reliant on a system that is slowly going bust on the park.

John Lundstrum was MoM yesterday was he not?

Barker
Simpson
Kelly (loan)

We don’t have any money!! Why don’t people understand this?

Either the board need to front load the transfer kitty we’d get from going straight into the champions league or we’ll have to sell some of our rapidly depreciating assets.

I can't see us signing any more subs in January. We will try and recall Katic and not much else.
We are pratted.

Doekhi and Soutter on precontracts cheap January deals if possible Goldson and Simpson to leave bring in Josh Maja to replace Morelos if he's sold

Back