Old firm facts column why its wrong to claim the famine song in Rangers kit ad

Ruins the article by saying that famine song was aimed at Irish Catholics. This lie has been allowed to be turned into truth

It was aimed at a bunch of Scottish plastic paddies waving Irish tricolour. Their nationality and religion was totally irrelevant to the (crude) humorous element of the song

Ruins the article by saying that famine song was aimed at Irish Catholics. This lie has been allowed to be turned into truth

It was aimed at a bunch of Scottish plastic paddies waving Irish tricolour. Their nationality and religion was totally irrelevant to the (crude) humorous element of the song

As I understand it, from folk that sung the famine song, they have explained a million times on here that it was aimed at the plastic paddys amongst the Celtic support.

Those scotsmen who have no irish ancestry, have never set foot in Ireland in their lives, yet you cant read their twitter or facebooks pages without being hit in the eye with shamrocks, balaclavas and absolute vile idiots pretending to hold machine guns.

Does anybody know who has written this ‘Old Firm Facts’ column.
It is interesting the individual felt they needed to hide behind that anonymous byline rather than face being the target of the usual suspects for daring to speak out.

It is interesting the individual felt they needed to hide behind that anonymous byline rather than face being the target of the usual suspects for daring to speak out.
Adam Miller is person that runs old firm facts page and does the podcasts, so it’s him.

As I understand it, from folk that sung the famine song, they have explained a million times on here that it was aimed at the plastic paddys amongst the Celtic support.

Those scotsmen who have no irish ancestry, have never set foot in Ireland in their lives, yet you cant read their twitter or facebooks pages without being hit in the eye with shamrocks, balaclavas and absolute vile idiots pretending to hold machine guns.
I used to live next door to one of these idiots. His wee boy used to say he was Irish. His lady's front bottom of a Father had never even been there. Brainwashing his wee boy who was a cracking wee guy that he was Irish. Said the Green brigade were amazing, never went to the football in his life. Just loved the brigade part. I used to ask him if they took the name from the Boys Brigade. I knew more about Ireland than he did. Our relationship didn’t end well.

Good article that probably shouldn’t have needed to be posted in the first place.

I would completely disagree that booing the Israeli national anthem is antisemitic though. Much like the subject of the article, labelling everything as antisemitic, racist or bigoted does little to help the reporting of actual antisemitic, racist or bigoted behaviour.

That’s not really what he’s doing. It’s a popular Twitter page that posts a lot of funny stuff so that’s how he’s known online and has written articles under that name before.

That’s not really what he’s doing. It’s a popular Twitter page that posts a lot of funny stuff so that’s how he’s known online and has written articles under that name before.
Ok. Thanks. Not heard of him before this thread as I don’t do Twitter.

It hardly needs explained, the whole thing was orchestrated outrage that was completely invented by people who hate our very existence.
Nailed it. Some folk are so desperate to find a bigotry angle in anything we do that they’ll just flat out make one up. They absolutely feed off this shit.

Put it this way, it wasn’t the famine song, but they are pretending it is. That tells you everything.

You know what would piss them off more than the orange walks? Us voluntarily giving up the orange walks. Same goes for singing the famine song.

Same goes for signing high profile catholics. Remember the praise he got from them for smashing that Catholic signing taboo they were raging about when mojo signed? Me neither.

Last edited:
gn20.png

The idiots portraying innocent actions as bigoted or racist are bigoted and racist themselves and in truth don't care of the damage they do by creating division among our society.
Rangers football Club and their fans are hated by every single Nationalist/Anti-Unionist/Anti-Protestant in the land of dear old Bonnie Scotland.
Yes YOU, the so called Rangers fan who votes for the SNP, well you are simply a dumb fuck by your actions. Wake up ffs! Engage your brain.

The bit about “ big drum banging no surrender rangers fans” etc , why has he felt the need to include that ? As you say pathetic

Journalists in Scotland love bring false equivalence into everything regarding Rangers, this journalists can't just criticise the people making a fuss about the song, he has to find a way of putting the boot into Rangers just to bring false equivalence.

Journalists in Scotland love bring false equivalence into everything regarding Rangers, this journalists can't just criticise the people making a fuss about the song, he has to find a way of putting the boot into Rangers just to bring false equivalence.

It's the way a very poor journalist tries to make his point.

Butbutbut, am highlighting instances where it happens and I show how, by criticising it and insulting those who do it, I can spot it when it really happens and it helps to emphasise my point that it is not really the case here.

They think they need to have a sense of balance to validate their piece.

The truth doesn't need a sense of balance, just call out the haters and their agenda and when they have a go at you just repeat their lies to them again and again and again.

Since when did facts matter to the eternal victims.
This is the problem with modern life and modern politics in general. It’s easier to manipulate people’s emotions than it is to manipulate the truth. This is why extreme leftist organisations have been doing this for years and gaining traction in certain demographics. In Scotland it’s around 99% white so political groups don’t have the traditional “race baiting” card to play they must then get emotive reactions from groups out with traditional minority groups. It’s actually quite disgusting gaslighting any group like this.

I used to live next door to one of these idiots. His wee boy used to say he was Irish. His lady's front bottom of a Father had never even been there. Brainwashing his wee boy who was a cracking wee guy that he was Irish. Said the Green brigade were amazing, never went to the football in his life. Just loved the brigade part. I used to ask him if they took the name from the Boys Brigade. I knew more about Ireland than he did. Our relationship didn’t end well.
They sound like absolute scum. If these plastics went to Ireland they would realise the large majority don't care for the troubles or want to bring back the IRA. We have an Irish regiment in the british army that alot of their youngsters want to be part of

The comments on twitter under the article are depressing.

People with bhoy in their username claiming:

4LHAD is never sung at Ibrox
Saying FTQ is not offensive
The club chose the song to encourage racism.

If they can’t read a middle of the road article like that and see sense on this orchestrated outrage then there’s no hope.

As for Oldfirmfacts, I’m disappointed that he doesn’t specifically name Stewart as someone who is england good this situation, or call out Nil By Mouth’s bizarre series of tweets.

They sound like absolute scum. If these plastics went to Ireland they would realise the large majority don't care for the troubles or want to bring back the IRA. We have an Irish regiment in the british army that alot of their youngsters want to be part of
That exactly what they were. He said he was going to put a tricolour up and I told him well I’ll need to reciprocate. This was in my first house with my wife. Lovely little cottage in the Ayrshire countryside and I got that as a neighbour. Seemed ok to start with but their bile can’t be held back. They can’t help it. I think he was just testing the water to see what he could get away with because he ended up putting a St Andrews cross up but if you asked him he was Irish. Confused doesn’t begin to cover it. He used to go on about 1916 whilst not even knowing anything about it. It’s a shame because I know a lot of Scots who think the Irish are this way and nothing could be further from the truth in my experience. I used to go to the road racing a lot in the republic when I was younger and never met one like the west of Scotland species.

I have memories of the words of the song being shared online just as it was taking off.. and months before people were suddenly offended by it. It was very clearly taking a pop at the types you mention, it was a piss-take and not anti anything.

As I remember it, the song was was sung for a few months from early 2008(?) with no reaction at all but when Rangers beat Celtic at Parkhead early the following season and the Rangers=Bad clamour that followed it was suddenly claimed that the song was anti-Irish and mocked the Famine. A very coordinated attack followed and the song was fast-tracked to being the most offensive thing ever without the words or sentiment really being debated.

Always seemed to me that Rangers fans having a song that took the piss out of the absolute core of them with their Plastic Paddy tendencies really stung and they just couldn’t have that.
I’m sure that in the wave of offence that followed there was even a verse of the song offered as evidence of being offensive, a verse that had just been made up by someone and wasn’t in the original song?

It was a surgical strike by them right enough, I’m sure that even tweeting or sharing the words of the song to from instead that it is more sarcastic than actually offensive would see you in bother.

Good article that probably shouldn’t have needed to be posted in the first place.

I would completely disagree that booing the Israeli national anthem is antisemitic though. Much like the subject of the article, labelling everything as antisemitic, racist or bigoted does little to help the reporting of actual antisemitic, racist or bigoted behaviour.
Can you give us your theory as to why the fans were booing then when other visiting teams don’t get the same treatment?

It was, but as usual we fucked that argument for ourselves 12 or 13 years ago when it was sung at Noel Hunt. No point trying to defend it now, just don't sing it.

Can you give us your theory as to why the fans were booing then when other visiting teams don’t get the same treatment?
Not going to derail the thread with the massive headache/debate that will ensue, but I would imagine it’s because some people don’t like some of the behaviour of the state of Israel and boo the anthem as a way to voice that. While I believe it is disrespectful to do so, it is not antisemitic to do so, nor is it racist or bigoted to boo the anthem of other countries (even though I find the idea of booing quite childish in general).

The bit about “ big drum banging no surrender rangers fans” etc , why has he felt the need to include that ? As you say pathetic
But we do have "drum pounding no surrender Rangers fans" that's his point. He wasn't criticising them for being that. He was saying "Even those fans in that category would not have thought of WDYGH song when they watched the video"

I looked online at the article in the Evening Times and I largely agree with most of it. What I despair at however is the fact that the comments section is filled with comments from the eternally offended who don’t care about the facts and just want an opportunity to cry anti Catholic at everything to do with our club.

I thought hearing the song sung by a full stadium at Ibrox was very moving and reminds us why we are all Rangers supporters.

You can see where the downtrodden, orchestrated by such individuals as Michael Stewart, want this to end up, i.e. a tune being banned due to the eternally offended, just as the tune of Marching Through Georgia is apparently unacceptable, no matter what words are sung.

I looked online at the article in the Evening Times and I largely agree with most of it. What I despair at however is the fact that the comments section is filled with comments from the eternally offended who don’t care about the facts and just want an opportunity to cry anti Catholic at everything to do with our club.

I thought hearing the song sung by a full stadium at Ibrox was very moving and reminds us why we are all Rangers supporters.
Which is basically covered in the article....

"This is yet another moment that shows how incapable so many of us in Glasgow are of discussing serious societal issues when they arise in a football context. In every single debate like this, the people who support the club involved defend them, and the people who hate the club involved attack them. Neither side back down, despite logic dictating that only one side can be right.

It says a lot about you as a person if your opinions on racism, bigotry or any other serious issue are based primarily on whichever football team you support, and what it says isn’t particularly flattering"

Nil By Mouth, Michael Stewart, Angela Haggerty, Jeanette Findlay, Humza Yousaf and James Dornan. It's them, and always them.

They live in a make believe world where Irish Catholics cannot walk down the street without being oppressed, yet conveniently miss or ignore the fact that top positions in the media, GCC, ScotGov, and legal circles are all held by Catholics.

The numbers and evidence of this society simply do not support their outlook. Therefore, one has to believe, in the most obvious statement ever, that their actions are purely anti-protestant.

THEY are stoking the fires.
THEY are aided and abetted by the media.
THEY are funded by a Scottish Government that would ethnically cleanse us from our country if they could.
THEY are given carte blanche by a legal system that has actively helped anti-protestant crimes go unpunished.

WE get given prison sentences for singing songs that are longer than what a paedophile would get for sexually abusing children (hopefully this will change in the very near future).

There has been little to no challenging of this for years (chip, chip, chip right enough) and I believe that, sadly, there's no way to remedy this through diplomacy. They are too far gone, too warped.

I actually despair at what our society has become.

"This is yet another moment that shows how incapable so many of us in Glasgow are of discussing serious societal issues when they arise in a football context."

Normal people are capable but those from the dark side do not want to listen to facts or truth,everything is twisted to suit their agenda.There is no level playing field.

You can see where the downtrodden, orchestrated by such individuals as Michael Stewart, want this to end up, i.e. a tune being banned due to the eternally offended, just as the tune of Marching Through Georgia is apparently unacceptable, no matter what words are sung.
Is ,arching through Georgie banned. We sung edu edu… for 4 years no issue

Nearly every English team has a song to that tune.If any team plays Celtic in a friendly,are they supposed to bin the tune for the day?.

Remember singing it in Bruge with Blues.

Don't want to go home etc.. Birmingham is a sxxthole,I don't want to go home☺️

There’s a guy in the comments saying who has ever even heard them sing this 4LHAD song. Honestly why do these people comment at all?

Yet again lip service without naming the usual suspects who have jumped on the anti Rangers bandwagon as quickly as it takes Youseless to fall off his Chariot in Holyrood.
File under waste of printers ink to tell us something we didn't know about our haters at any cost.

That made me laugh out loud. Thank you for cheering up a wet , miserable, home alone morning.

A very good obvious point well made

Would have been better if it noted why these charlatans wanted it to be the famine song in the first place

If they can’t read a middle of the road article like that and see sense on this orchestrated outrage then there’s no hope.

As for Oldfirmfacts, I’m disappointed that he doesn’t specifically name Stewart as someone who is england good this situation, or call out Nil By Mouth’s bizarre series of tweets.
It’s made me realise that there must be a few who really aren’t obsessed with us, since they’ve missed us singing this song with tannoy backing every home game for three years. Or they’re lying.

There's too many wanting to find offence at every turn and it's clearly contagious amongst that lot. I've no idea what songs they play at Parkhead so how would they know what's played at Ibrox? I'm pretty sure the Queen would find FTQ offensive. Crackpots the lot of them, I used to think they were dangerous crackpots, but now, when they squeal and complain at every turn, they just look like the perma offended maniacs that they are.

Back