Ole’s still at the wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stats up earier showed he presses less than anyone. He’ll still come away with a decent tally but I think he’ll hinder them against better sides, especially in the CL.

Incidentally he had 3 great chances to score today and blew them so it’s not as though he was starved of service.

Neville pretty much said that as well mate. Against the top sides they'll just cut through Man Utd because of the likes of Ronaldo and Pogba.

Stats up earier showed he presses less than anyone. He’ll still come away with a decent tally but I think he’ll hinder them against better sides, especially in the CL.

Incidentally he had 3 great chances to score today and blew them so it’s not as though he was starved of service.
Just watched a clip where Neville talks about how the United team used to be filled with Jared workers who’d have to compensate for the lack of work Ronaldo would do off the ball.
Obviously worth it when you have a top talent who can win you matches but the current United team don’t tactically do it.

Also completely mental that Ole is still in a job

There’s just no shape to Man Utd. They’ve always had excellent wide players, but now it’s just a group of superstars on paper like Ronaldo, Pogba, Fernandes, Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Greenwood. Yet they are not clicking together as a team. They would be so much better with a decent manager.

Just watched a clip where Neville talks about how the United team used to be filled with Jared workers who’d have to compensate for the lack of work Ronaldo would do off the ball.
Obviously worth it when you have a top talent who can win you matches but the current United team don’t tactically do it.

Also completely mental that Ole is still in a job

It’s just daft mate. Cavani works his arse off and was one of their biggest pressers of the ball, now they’re going up against good sides having replaced him with someone who won’t press at all and spends 90 minutes playing on the last shoulder waiting for tap ins. You can’t do well as a team of you play to service one players individual tally, Juve already found that out the hard way.

Gary Neville basically came out recently and said the Ronaldo signing isn't a good thing for the team overall and how they want to play. Said he'd much rather they went for Kane.

Basically said with Ronaldo you have to play to suit him. He's not going to track back or press from the front so the others have to do it for him. He said in the Champions League final 10 or so years ago against Barca it was like that and it's worse now.
More or less the issue Juve had. All that money and it actually made them worse.

Gary Neville basically came out recently and said the Ronaldo signing isn't a good thing for the team overall and how they want to play. Said he'd much rather they went for Kane.

Basically said with Ronaldo you have to play to suit him. He's not going to track back or press from the front so the others have to do it for him. He said in the Champions League final 10 or so years ago against Barca it was like that and it's worse now.
If SAF was still Utd manager they would probably have signed Kane years ago.

Actually they could come seriously sniffing for Gerrard, with serious money to tempt him too. My hope is genuinely that we are his stepping stone to Liverpool, anything else for him would always be a huge step down.
I cant see it, to be honest as Gerrards learning the game they need a manager with more experience.

The board won't do anything until 4th place is impossible, they've got a history of that with the previous managers.

A good manager would have that squad still in the hunt for the title in the last few weeks of the season imo

Man Utd will win nothing while OGS is in charge

De gea, verane, pogba, fernandez, sancho, Ronaldo, just goes to show that teamwork trumps individual brilliance.

I've said it for ages, Utd will win feck all with him in charge. Just because he was a great player for them, doesn't make him a great manager. Look at John Greig and Super Ally for us. I think Utd should pay whatever is required to get in Diego Simeone from Atletico Madrid. He is a born winner and takes no shit. There are too many passengers at Utd.
Once they got him, they’d have to back him over the whining “superstars” that don’t want to buy into the hard working , relentless running style he demands.
OGS just wants to be liked.

OGS is a soft cock.

Imagine being 2-0 down at half time, trudging off the pitch and he's the man giving you an inspirational team talk?

Behave yourself.

Reactions: VGM
But for how much longer? See United lost 4-2 to Leicester today, Maguire getting rushed back in and rinsed (allegedly) for a couple of goals.

Think the Ronaldo thing could be a problem for him too, got a bit of grief a few weeks ago for suggesting he might be a hinderance in games against some of the better more dynamic sides, but reading he just didn’t get in the game today. You don’t see many top sides with out and out poachers now, but because of his names and marketability it’s maybe not easy to drop him. Cavani certainly works a hell of a lot harder.

Here’s a question, if their owners do eventually see sense and give him the boot (god forbid because I’m enjoying the Ole era a lot), who should they be looking at? Conte?
And you think we’ve got problems

The fanbase don't seem to have turned on him, yet, which affords him the luxury of a bit of time. But world class players not pulling a shift together, there is only one person to blame for that.

Actually they could come seriously sniffing for Gerrard, with serious money to tempt him too. My hope is genuinely that we are his stepping stone to Liverpool, anything else for him would always be a huge step down.
So Gerrard to Man U? You have to be kidding surely?

Man Utd fell into their old trap in the summer regarding signings. They signed Varane, Sancho & Ronaldo & thought they had won the transfer window. Guys like Rio Ferdinand & Andy Goldstein were crowing before a ball was really kicked, my mate another.

They needed a partner for Maguire, so the Varane purchase made sense, although how much hunger he has & his injury problems were little concerns.

However, they went out & spent £75M on Jadon Sancho, who I think is a good wee player. But Utd already have Greenwood for the right, Rashford on the left, & both these I think will offer more goal output than Sancho.

Then they caught the big fish, Ronaldo. A fantastic player still, in isolation. However, you need to build your team around him. Can you build that team that will do his running for him, with the likes of Bruno, Pogba, Sancho around him? Where is the balance?

And their main problem with the team, has been left untouched past another transfer window. That team is propped up by a combination of Fred, McTominay & Matic in the engine room. Told my mate from the get go, even after Ronaldo, this would be their achilles heel.

The engine room lacks quality & balance, the team itself play as individuals, it did when it was just Pogba & Bruno, throw Sancho & Ronaldo in the mix just exasperates the problem. Sure, on their day they will have individual quality to blow teams apart at times, but not enough over a 60 game season.

They thought Ronaldo would get them the title & the Champions League. I think all he'll do is get Ole the sack.

I cant see it, to be honest as Gerrards learning the game they need a manager with more experience.
Aye nothing to do with the fact Gerrard is a scouser who captained their biggest rivals Roy of the Rovers style, hates United and is hated by them in equal measure:D

Mental he’s still in a job when u consider the players he has

De gea/ Henderson
Shaw /telles
Varane /bailly/ jones
Maguire/ lindelof
Wan bissaka/ dalot

Mctomminey /matic
Pogba /Fred/ van der beek
Fernandes/ Mata/ lingard

Sancho/ martial
Ronaldo/ cavani
Rashford /greenwood

Good question, used to always argue with me such was his blind loyalty to Liverpool. I really hope he’s okay though, I know he suffered a personal tragedy a year or two back. Good guy (even if we did butt heads a bit regarding EPL debates).
I know for a fact he was in Las Vegas Sunday watching Rory McIlroy win the CJ Summit Cup tournament at 9/1 fav !!!;)

The Glazers have deflected the pressure away from themselves incredibly well over the last few tears with the nostalgic appointment of Ole and the recent return of Ronaldo.

They are of course a huge bloated mess of a club, spending astronomical amounts of money to underperform while money goes out the back door to the Glazers themselves

Apparently United have approached Zidane on recommendation of Ronaldo :D
Don't really like that at all, players shouldn't dictate who manages them. Don't care if its Ronaldo. The guys just back in the door and he's already calling the shots - not a fan at all.

Ole has to go but not like that.

He won't find a way to keep all the big personalities happy and playing enough.

Cavani, at 34 will want to play as much as possible at his stage in his career and they more or less begged him to stay for another year.

Ronaldo, 36 and in the same boat.

Pogba.

Fernandez.

Greenwood needs to play regularly to keep developing.

Rashford, Martial, Mata, Matic, Fred, McTominay just some of the assorted bit part players and total shite about the place.

Van der Beek a good young Dutch prospect signed for %^*& knows how much and not been seen.

Lingard can only be bollocked when he needs a new contract.

70% of that squad would have been chased by Ferguson.

Don't really like that at all, players shouldn't dictate who manages them. Don't care if its Ronaldo. The guys just back in the door and he's already calling the shots - not a fan at all.

Agree to an extent but this will always happen at the bigger clubs and even smaller ones I’m sure

Probably why we're not owners of a football club :p

If a player came to me demanding who manages him I'd kick him out the door and ask who the %^*& he thinks he is :D
Hahah 100% mate

Ronaldo obviously has a huge influence at the club, despite how bad the manger is no player should be bigger than the club imo

Pretty much what happened at Juve, Ronaldo was benched for a game for tactical reasons and he went to the board to kick up a fuss.

Board essentially said to Sarri “we’re paying these guys £1m a week, (Ramsey was included as well)why aren’t you playing them” and he was out on his arse at the end of the season after winning the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back