Brondby on Thursday - Ticket Availability. Why Are So Many Being Re-Sold?

Take your pick of the following:

• We’re playing shite (especially in Europe)
  • Brondby are the least glamorous of the 3 teams
  • Pricing (which is outrageous)
  • Covid passports
  • Perhaps people been abroad for October week & have tested positive therefore can’t go, or other areas such as Edinburgh have their October week this week
  • General work commitments

Last edited:
yet you have Stewart Robertson saying we are going to be turning a profit 2 days ago?
I'm not convinced by that mate.

You've got SG bemoaning the fact that we "didn't spend a penny in the last two windows". So a profit seems a bit off imo.

IF we get CL, yes, but that is not guaranteed at all.

Our club needs to maximise its revenue. It is as simple as that.

Look at the recent transfer window and it tells you about our financial situation.

I'd also say that none of us had the cost of European games or away games last year. I know, personally, that I saved a small fortune over the past 18 months from being locked out of football.
I get that we need to maximise revenue but at the same time, they could have easily taken £10-15 off the Europa prices and you'd actually get a full house instead of 4000-5000 empty seats. Same with Livingston Cup game. My row and the row behind me was half empty because they charged £25 straight after the package coming out.

Celtic are also approximately £42 cheaper for their Europa league package than ours. We're pretty much beimg asked to pay an extra game compared to them. Rangers have scored a massive own goal with the pricing.

I agree, but that's a different argument.

The poster I replied to suggested poor form was the reason.

The scum's form has been way worse than our's.

Our club needs to maximise its revenue. It is as simple as that.

Look at the recent transfer window and it tells you about our financial situation.

I'd also say that none of us had the cost of European games or away games last year. I know, personally, that I saved a small fortune over the past 18 months from being locked out of football.
The fans still forked out plenty for season tickets which they got no use of last season, they’re still spending big on what feels like constant new merchandise being released and shoved down our throat, packages for Edmiston House, a share issue and still sold tens of thousands of Europa League tickets despite the fact they’re the most expensive out of any club in the tournament. We were even charged a fortune to tune in for a few pre-season games during the summer despite the fact no one was able to attend games for over a year.

The prices are a disgrace and the club have ripped the utter piss with the support, as they have done for quite some time now. I get the club needs money and they have huge overheads but it was not just them that have been affected by the economic situation of the past 18 months and it would maybe help if they actually started selling some players as part of this player-trading they bang on about so much.

Poor form???

We're not firing on all cylinders, but we're still top of the league.

The scum played at 3.30 on a Tuesday afternoon and pretty much filled their ststadium.
My dad is an OAP he was charged more for a 3 game package than a working age Celtic fan. Concession £28 per game at Ibrox. They were £25 per game for an adult. The prices are a joke.

I have never heard anyone on the bus I travel to games say they can't be arsed with Europe, genuinely only ever read it on here.

I always find though that attendance for Europe can be down slightly because a lot of the people on the bus I travel with are pretty old and generally prefer their weekend day out rather than through the week, always find a few missing for games during the week, but that is not Europe exclusive will be the same next week for Aberdeen

My dad is an OAP he was charged more for a 3 game package than a working age Celtic fan. Concession £28 per game at Ibrox. They were £25 per game for an adult. The prices are a joke.

I've already agreed with the pricing argument mate, but I was replying to the pish poor form argument.

I've already agreed with the pricing argument mate, but I was replying to the pish poor form argument.
Well that's a factor as well. You going to pay £40 plus to watch the team phone in the same performance for the umpteenth time this season? I have cause I signed up for CCS but I can't and won't blame anyone for giving it a miss for those 2 factors.

How come they got over 54 G for a 12 30 KO

Because their fans have got behind postecoglu, the price of the tickets and the fact half of them probably don’t work.

Another reason is that although they are shocking at the back and every game they play is like basketball, the result is entertaining games with lots of chances.

Like most clubs we have a core of fans who will go regardless but there is a large % of fans who unless they are being entertained find reasons not to go. Our form is pretty poor but the bigger issue is that nothing changes from the management so fans vote with their feet

Well that's a factor as well. You going to pay £40 plus to watch the team phone in the same performance for the umpteenth time this season? I have cause I signed up for CCS but I can't and won't blame anyone for giving it a miss for those 2 factors.

Genuinely don't think many people who have bought a ST or signed up for the CCS think remotely like that TBH

Only on FF do you get a thought process like that.

This place thankfully isn't representative of the wider Rangers support that attends games.

it’s only an especially expensive game when you are paying more than your rivals are tbh the club ripped the pish out of the fans on the EL pricing

Cost of living etc. is shooting up mate.

Make no mistake that some fans will be feeling this big time and it’ll only get worse next season I think.

They don't thankfully.

Nah, loads of our ST holders in particular are legacy fans, with the best will in the world our match going fan base is pretty old, they have a hell of a lot of football hours in the bank and a hell of a lot of poor performances, they generally know the script and what comes with buying a ST, it has never been Champagne football every week.

Chuck in the chance to be out the house, a bit of freedom, the general match day routine etc just doesn't strike that many often think, I just can't be arsed with it today, I would say those instances are the exception rather than the norm or oft performance driven choices.

Only on FF do you get a thought process like that.

This place thankfully isn't representative of the wider Rangers support that attends games.
Well why are there lots of spares for it then? The pricing wouldn't be as big an issue if we were playing like we were last year factor in the 2 there's your answer. Murray overpriced the CL in 90s and we were getting regular doings. Outcome empty spaces. If we were playing like 92/93 in CL those other years it again wouldn't have been as big an issue .

I'm not convinced by that mate.

You've got SG bemoaning the fact that we "didn't spend a penny in the last two windows". So a profit seems a bit off imo.

IF we get CL, yes, but that is not guaranteed at all.
that’s my point. Being told we don’t have a pot to piss in in one breath then turning a profit it another

Well why are there lots of spared for it then? The pricing wouldn't be as big an issue if we were playing like we were last year factor I the 2 there's your answer. Murray overpriced the CL in 90s and we were getting regular doings. Outcome empty spaces. If we were playing like 92/93 in CL those other years it again wouldn't have been as big an issue .

There's not that many spares.

Maybe 300 single seats dotted throughout the stadium and a block of about the same in the top corner of the Broomloan Rear.

2 days still to go until kick off too.

We'll have more tomorrow night than we did against Lyon and close to a full house.

Genuinely don't think many people who have bought a ST or signed up for the CCS think remotely like that TBH
Why is there so many spares then? People signed up before they knew the club were going to absolutely kick the arse out of it. We are playing like last season it's not as big an issue. This season people will think if I can get my £ back I will give this 1 a miss.

Season ticket holders who didn't buy the package still have the tickets in their basket so an easy 5 my gers points then sell on

Covid passports being enforced

People are maybe skint

People who travel from afar maybe cba now due to how pish Europe has been this season

There's not that many spares.

Maybe 300 single seats dotted throughout the stadium and a block of about the same in the top corner of the Broomloan Rear.

2 days still to go until kick off too.

We'll have more tomorrow night than we did against Lyon and close to a full house.
Why the feck do we have a 5 pager on it then ? :D :D :D

Last edited:
Why is there so many spares then? People signed up before they knew the club were going to absolutely kick the arse out of it. We are playing like last season it's not as big an issue. This season people will think if I can get my £ back I will give this 1 a miss.

We have a stadium that holds 50,000 people there aren't really that many spares TBH.

We have a stadium that holds 50,000 people there aren't really that many spares TBH.
Another poster pointed that out. What's the actual point of the thread then? There will be at least 45 k there imo. On a wider point the club are at the top end of what they can charge and get 45k plus for these games imo. They need to think long and hard how they price it going forward.

Last edited:
Another rooster pointed that out. What's the actual point of the thread then? There will be at least 45 k there imo. On a wider point the club are at the top end of what they can charge and get 45k plus for these games imo. They need to think long and hard how they price it going forward.

Because it is an interesting enough conversation that has caused a reasonable debate which is the point of a forum I would imagine mate.

The fans still forked out plenty for season tickets which they got no use of last season, they’re still spending big on what feels like constant new merchandise being released and shoved down our throat, packages for Edmiston House, a share issue and still sold tens of thousands of Europa League tickets despite the fact they’re the most expensive out of any club in the tournament. We were even charged a fortune to tune in for a few pre-season games during the summer despite the fact no one was able to attend games for over a year.

The prices are a disgrace and the club have ripped the utter piss with the support, as they have done for quite some time now. I get the club needs money and they have huge overheads but it was not just them that have been affected by the economic situation of the past 18 months and it would maybe help if they actually started selling some players as part of this player-trading they bang on about so much.
Fair points mate.

And certainly on your last point I couldn't agree more.

Not selling in the summer was ridiculous.

I have been desperate for us to turn this player trading thing into reality - to help genuinely strengthen the team and and boost our finances.

I certainly don't think the celebrating about "keeping our players" is anything to be overjoyed at. And so far, that 'strategy' is not playing out too well. And all the while, our players values are depreciating.

Poor form???

We're not firing on all cylinders, but we're still top of the league.

The scum played at 3.30 on a Tuesday afternoon and pretty much filled their stadium.
You don’t think we’ve been poor all season Malmö pumped us twice we’ve dropped 7 league points and lost two out of two in the EL and struggled in a lot of SPL games that we have won

You don’t think we’ve been poor all season Malmö pumped us twice we’ve dropped 7 league points and lost two out of two in the EL and struggled in a lot of SPL games that we have won

I said we're not firing on all cylinders, but what sort of "supporter" stops going to games, despite his side being top of the league and 4 points ahead of their main rivals, as well as having beaten them already this season?

You don't need to reply mate... I already know the answer.

I said we're not firing on all cylinders, but what sort of "supporter" stops going to games, despite his side being top of the league and 4 points ahead of their main rivals, as well as having beaten them already this season?

Clearly not the supporter who backed the club through the dark days from league 2 and the hedges

I’m going poor form is never really a reason not to go despite me suggesting it’s a reason expensive tickets are a genuine reason though and the prices are shocking

In my opinion it is yet another amazing response from the Rangers support that this game will be close on a sell out.

However the club really do have to realise that they are getting the pricing wrong.

Don't take your supporters for granted Rangers!

Have to say it’s interesting how many tickets are available for this one, especially on here. I’m not talking about ones the club are selling, I’m meaning tickets being resold after buying them.

Interesting after buying tickets in the first place so many people are now deciding not to go. Can only be due to our current form, if we were flying there wouldn’t be as many for sure.

Totally appreciate some will have genuine reasons but I’d guess overall majority is because they can’t be arsed going.

32 tickets (and counting) for sale in the last week on this forum.

Fair Weather Fans RSC?
Me and my pal bought the 3 match package knowing that Thursday was the only game we could make together. I also went to the Lyon game but needed to flog his spare. We're both away for the Sparta Prague game. Next year, knowing that there will be single game sales and good availability of these will mean that we just buy the tickets we need, rather than the 3 match package. Vaccine passports are also probably playing a part too.

Some folk might be 'picking' the Aberdeen game as well next week rather than tomorrow for an extra £39 quid.

I travel up from England for the games every week & will be there tomorrow but I can't make the Aberdeen game the following week.... This time because I'm getting married next week, but even if I wasn't I couldn't get the back 2 back mid weeks out of work & travel.

Think it's maybe a combination of everything form, cost, Covid certificate enforcement and maybe even an element of people only buying the tickets/ticking the boxes in the first instance to get the MyGers points.
I don’t have a covid certificate.

I’m going

We are still poor to watch. I think that's what folk mean by poor form.

We certainly weren't poor to watch on Saturday mate.

We played some of the best football played in the league this season.

At times Hearts couldn't get near us.

Unfortunately we scorned chance after chance and then gifted a goal.

We’re all but out of the Europa League. Be even worse for Prague when we are officially out
Would have to win our next 3 games in the group which is entirely possible.

We have more than enough to beat Brondby home and away, and then Sparta at home, but our form at present gives me no hope.

Would have to win our next 3 games in the group which is entirely possible.

We have more than enough to beat Brondby home and away, and then Sparta at home, but our form at present gives me no hope.
Nothing shown this season backs that up I'm afraid.

Back