New Mygers tiers announced

Bit poor when buying from the club and not getting the rewards.
Don’t get points for buying a pie and a Bovril either mate.;):) Or for buying kit from the shop.

As I’ve said many times on here folk buying stuff they don’t need, don’t want or won’t use just for MyGers points are bonkers. Let’s say, for example, it gets you over the threshold and into Gold. What happens when the threshold is raised and you drop to Silver again? What do you buy next to get back up a tier? Could get very, very expensive IMHO. In time, folk will settle into the tier that’s appropriate to how they follow the Club.

Just checked mine, I've 3 RTV 3 day unlimited purchases to go onto my account. Doesnt move me from silver to Gold though, so not too big a deal

My point remains though it’s for purchasing things from the club wether it’s rangers tv or women’s matches and other things.
There‘s a very limited range of non-match related stuff that gets you points and, in most cases, it’s only 1 point. Annual RangersTV gets you more and then there is the obvious anomaly that is the ridiculous 50 points for EH. That’s about it. For now.

Just because you’ve able to apply doesn’t mean you’re going into the ballot.
Causes more hassle than it’s worth though when it comes to the Celtic ballot and the club say, ohh by the way it’s gold only even though we let everyone apply

Why give themselves the aggro

Is it all programmes or just the league matches you get a point for. The Brighton friendly programme is still there to buy . No Real Madrid but

If you think our scheme is daft you should see the Chalton Athletic one. I was reading the programme for last nights game on the train home and came across this category in theirs

ANIMAL ADDICKS (£10)

For the first time ever, supporters can now sign up their pets to become an official part of the Charlton family with the Addicks becoming one of the first football clubs to offer a pet membership!

Alongside their official certificate, every Animal Addicks member will receive either a Charlton-branded bandana, which is a perfect way for a dog or cat to show their colours, or a Charlton cage sticker, for smaller animals to show their support.

Animal memberships will give your pet the opportunity to feature as the club’s official pet mascot for a matchday and there will be a dedicated page on the club’s official website showing off all of our animal members of the Charlton family as well as a wall in the Family Activity Zone which will feature your pet.

Members will also receive free treats and a 15% discount from Blackheath Pet Supplies.

Is it all programmes or just the league matches you get a point for. The Brighton friendly programme is still there to buy . No Real Madrid but
All I’m sure. Just depends on availability.

It’s a joke they’ve rolled out adding in the MyGers points for programmes without first creating the capability for a subscription or at least having an adequate website to purchase from. This having to purchase each one individually is a right pain in the arse and pretty galling when programmes arrive in separate envelopes at the same time.

If you think our scheme is daft you should see the Chalton Athletic one. I was reading the programme for last nights game on the train home and came across this category in theirs

ANIMAL ADDICKS (£10)

For the first time ever, supporters can now sign up their pets to become an official part of the Charlton family with the Addicks becoming one of the first football clubs to offer a pet membership!

Alongside their official certificate, every Animal Addicks member will receive either a Charlton-branded bandana, which is a perfect way for a dog or cat to show their colours, or a Charlton cage sticker, for smaller animals to show their support.

Animal memberships will give your pet the opportunity to feature as the club’s official pet mascot for a matchday and there will be a dedicated page on the club’s official website showing off all of our animal members of the Charlton family as well as a wall in the Family Activity Zone which will feature your pet.

Members will also receive free treats and a 15% discount from Blackheath Pet Supplies.
Please delete this, don’t give them ideas :D

I’d need to sign up 2 dogs and they’re predicted life expectancy is 12+ years haha

Last edited by a moderator:

ANIMAL ADDICKS (£10)

I'm positive this isn't how people and the world was supposed to be in 2021.

Please delete this, don’t give them ideas :D

I’d need to sign up 2 puppies and they’re predicted life expectancy is 12+ years haha
No chance, I don't have any pets so this would be the icing on the cake for mygers :)) . There was even a picture of the dog mascot in the programme although I don't know if it was on the pitch as I was still finishing my pint before taking my seat.

It’s a joke they’ve rolled out adding in the MyGers points for programmes without first creating the capability for a subscription or at least having an adequate website to purchase from. This having to purchase each one individually is a right pain in the arse and pretty galling when programmes arrive in separate envelopes at the same time.
I agree . It’s little things like this that just make the club look unprofessional . If you order 5 programmes in a single order why can’t they all be sent out at once

Are you ordering each programme as an individual item so making multiple checkouts and payments or are you adding all the ones you want into your basket, paying in one go and then receiving them in separate envelopes?

Saw a boy on Saturday put his spare ST that he couldn't sell through the turnstiles for the points. Rightly so but its what it's become :D

Bonkers pish but needs done.
He could have put it on SeatSub and got the points - and probably some credit - provided he did so a couple of days before the match.

If I buy edmiston house package will my points get added instantly or in January. Would put me back into gold

If I buy edmiston house package will my points get added instantly or in January. Would put me back into gold
Should be instantly, well within a week anyway.

If you buy it, chase it up and ask them when the points get added and they’ll do it manually

It may well do, but what are you then going to buy when the tier threshold goes up next time and you slip back down into Silver? Chasing points may well turn out to be an expensive business,
Thing is, it could be worth the risk in the long run - specifically thinking of European aways. Those extra 50 points could be the difference of having a ticket or not

Those who are guaranteed euro aways are going to run away with things at the top however it won’t impact those below them as there obviously needs to be a set % in each tier

The issue is that those in gold will still have a better chance at accruing more points, which in turn could potentially be the difference in keeping them there. I get domestic aways are only 1/2 points each but there’ll come a time that difference between tiers isn’t in the hundreds, more likely to be 50/60 as there won’t be much to differentiate

Personally I think therell come a time that regular euro travellers end up way out ahead with 90+ points more than others in gold but there then won’t be much to differentiate silvers/lower golds. Additional purchases will be the differentiator

Last edited by a moderator:
The points will be added now (or within a few days) but tiers won't change until the next review in January.

He could have put it on SeatSub and got the points - and probably some credit - provided he did so a couple of days before the match.

To be honest and I would be the same. At this stage I would rather help out someone willing to go to the ground looking for a ticket than rely on Rangers system.

But with Saturday being a sell out officially then he would have got rid of the ticket and made something than nothing, agreed.......well points of entrance aside :D

It may well do, but what are you then going to buy when the tier threshold goes up next time and you slip back down into Silver? Chasing points may well turn out to be an expensive business,
If I buy stuff nobody else does then I’d hope that it would keep me in gold after the next points update is my thinking behind it.

Thing is, it could be worth the risk in the long run - specifically thinking of European aways

Those who are guaranteed euro aways are going to run away with things at the top however it won’t impact those below them as there obviously needs to be a set % in each tier

The issue is that those in gold will still have a better chance at accruing more points, which in turn could potentially be the difference in keeping them there. I get domestic aways are only 1/2 points each but there’ll come a time that difference between tiers isn’t in the hundreds, more likely to be 50/60 as there won’t be much to differentiate

Personally I think therell come a time that regular euro travellers end up way out ahead with 90+ points more than others in gold but there then won’t be much to differentiate silvers/lower golds. Additional purchases will be the differentiator
Don’t disagree re, the European Aways mate. They will, in time, be the difference-maker. However, we don’t know if the poster I responded to is a Euro regular. Given he is Silver my assumption is that he is not - but I could obviously be wrong - so I’d see him forking out for EH, getting into Gold and then slipping out again. If he buys EH and gets some Euro Aways he will probably stay there. He will know himself whether that is likely.

As you know, I’m very much against folk splashing the cash on stuff simply to chase points. My view is that folk will settle down into whichever tier their way of following the Club merits. One thing is for sure, there aren’t any more tickets to go around than there were previously - probably less in the current climate - so folk need to temper expectation regarding how many tickets they are likely to get. Gold will get more than under the old scheme, Bronze will get less and Silver will be a mix-and-match of that. I do still think Silver needs to be split into an extra tier.

To be honest and I would be the same. At this stage I would rather help out someone willing to go to the ground looking for a ticket than rely on Rangers system.

But with Saturday being a sell out officially then he would have got rid of the ticket and made something than nothing, agreed.......well points of entrance aside :D
That was my point though mate - he would still have got the points for putting the ticket on SeatSub. You get the 5 MyGers points provided you offer it up two days in advance of the game. The bigger risk is that the ticket doesn’t sell through Rangers and you could have sold it yourself at Ibrox - so you potentially lose out on cash but still get the points. Priorities I guess.:)

Don’t disagree re, the European Aways mate. They will, in time, be the difference-maker. However, we don’t know if the poster I responded to is a Euro regular. Given he is Silver my assumption is that he is not - but I could obviously be wrong - so I’d see him forking out for EH, getting into Gold and then slipping out again. If he buys EH and gets some Euro Aways he will probably stay there. He will know himself whether that is likely.

As you know, I’m very much against folk splashing the cash on stuff simply to chase points. My view is that folk will settle down into whichever tier their way of following the Club merits. One thing is for sure, there aren’t any more tickets to go around than there were previously - probably less in the current climate - so folk need to temper expectation regarding how many tickets they are likely to get. Gold will get more than under the old scheme, Bronze will get less and Silver will be a mix-and-match of that. I do still think Silver needs to be split into an extra tier
Only just started doin euro aways 2 years ago would of been on 5 travel club points so thinking it might be a worthwhile investment on that front

Only just started doin euro aways 2 years ago would of been on 5 travel club points so thinking it might be a worthwhile investment on that front
Fair enough mate. Have you considered other options maybe if that’s a route you want to go down? Do you see any value for you in the EH package? Another option might be an Annual Unlimited RangersTV subscription (40 MyGers points). With a VPN that would give you access to watch all those games you don’t get tickets for. It’s £240 but at least you might see some benefit/get some use out of it. Just a thought.

Fair enough mate. Have you considered other options maybe if that’s a route you want to go down? Do you see any value for you in the EH package? Another option might be an Annual Unlimited RangersTV subscription (40 MyGers points). With a VPN that would give you access to watch all those games you don’t get tickets for. It’s £240 but at least you might see some benefit/get some use out of it. Just a thought.
Unsure if you can get the unlimited package if you’re a ST holder?

I’ve always thought you couldn’t so stuck with the basic annual package? Would be handy to know as if you can, I’ll buy the unlimited one and set up a vpn for my dad to watch the games

Back