Robert Lewandowski

A phenomenal player.

Would you take him or Salah in your team just now?

Both are the best in the game at the minute.

He's been with Bayern since 2014-15 and has scored 310 goals in 341 in all competitions

He is absolutely incredible

He broke Gerd Mullers record of 40 goals in season 1971-72 by scoring his 41st and scored 48 goals in total in 2020-21 reaching over the 40 goal mark for the 6th time

He's scored 16 in 12 so far this season, I reckon he could score more than his season best of 55 in season 2019-20 with the way he's going at present, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest

Not only the best striker in the world, probably the best player in the world and should be given the Ballon D'Or for breaking Gerd Muller's record last season.

Instead they'll give it to Messi again or some Italian player.

He's been with Bayern since 2014-15 and has scored 310 goals in 341 in all competitions

He is absolutely incredible

He broke Gerd Mullers record of 40 goals in season 1971-72 by scoring his 41st and scored 48 goals in total in 2020-21 reaching over the 40 goal mark for the 6th time

He's scored 16 in 12 so far this season, I reckon he could score more than his season best of 55 in season 2019-20 with the way he's going at present, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest
Scored 5 goals in 9 minutes as a wee extra on his c.v :D

Not only the best striker in the world, probably the best player in the world and should be given the Ballon D'Or for breaking Gerd Muller's record last season.

Messi did perform brilliantly for a dire Barca side and produce the best individual international tournament performance since Diego in 86.

Last year it should have gone to Lewandowski and they should really go back and award it to him for that.

I don't think they'd be 'giving' it to Messi, he's simply had a better calendar year (so far) than Lewandowski. That Lewandowski should've won it last year is irrelevant.

Ronaldo’s knees went by the time he was mid 20s, Pele fraud and Muller’s records have been broken by RL

Ask 100 people who they'd rather have in their team and 99 would say Ronaldo. You being the 1.

Just watched the highlights, Lewandowski cheating cant first half with his arm ball goal.

Kingsley Coman tho, what player.

How the hell is Sterling on the shortlist. Yes his team won the league and made it to the CL final, and he scored a couple of goals on the way to the Euro final but is anyone convinced he actually had a great season/year. Can barely hold down a place in either side

Great player there was an earlier thread about him and some where mentioning that Kane would be a better choice, why VAR isn't used when it's clear on our screens that a players cheated I don't understand maybe then it would stop all the diving, throwing their hands to their faces like Ngannou has hit them and general cheating

Messi did perform brilliantly for a dire Barca side and produce the best individual international tournament performance since Diego in 86.

Last year it should have gone to Lewandowski and they should really go back and award it to him for that.

What lol

Do they not get the Copa in Wales mate? :))
E6IdmWIXMAYIwkn.png:large

Do they not get the Copa in Wales mate? :))
E6IdmWIXMAYIwkn.png:large

Lol I watched most of the Copa and I’m sorry but the opposition has to be taken into account. Messi did brilliantly at it but just for an example R9’s performances for Brazil in Japan/South Korea in 2002 far more impressive. Tbh that’s just the first one that came to mind there are probably more.

Dominating a WC or even a Euros is far far more impressive than dominating a Copa.

Lol I watched most of the Copa and I’m sorry but the opposition has to be taken into account. Messi did brilliantly at it but just for an example R9’s performances for Brazil in Japan/South Korea in 2002 far more impressive. Tbh that’s just the first one that came to mind there are probably more.

Dominating a WC or even a Euros is far far more impressive than dominating a Copa.
I can’t think of a really dominant performances at the Euros, but you’ve got a lot of naff sides at that tournament too. Wales made a semi and Northern Ireland got to the knockouts ffs! Greece actually won it, and Scotland actually got there with Steve Claire and Stephen O’Donnell. There/ a lot of snobbery from Europe with regards to the Copa but it’s not as heavily diluted with poor sides, so I’m not sure why the opposition has to be taken into account? In the last World Cup the reigning European champions were sent packing by Uruguay. There’s no great gulf in quality between the two.

And yeah Ronaldo was brilliant in 2002 and scored some brilliant and crucial goals but I don’t remember that level of consistency from start to finish. Helps that it was 20 years ago though and far back enough to have been somewhat romanticised, although I do remember the tournament.

By the way we’re not talking about Messi just running out top scorer which can happen without being anything close to the player of the tournament (see Harry Kane last World Cup after smashing Panama and the likes), he’s walked out leading in more or less every clear metric that you can measure an attacking players performance on and done so for the eventual winners. That’ll be why he’s the bookies favourite. Although I’m sure Lewandowski has a fair shot (won’t be many people saying “you’ve got to look at the opposition though” and the fact he’s in a league where one side have quality that dwarves the rest of the league).

The Euros is a far tougher tournament than the Copa America.

It's like comparing the EPL to the SPFL.

I wouldn’t go that far haha thats a bit OTT but there is a gulf in quality no matter how many lesser nations do now qualify for the Euros. I’d wager not a single South American nation will make it past the quarter finals in Qatar. Argentina and Brazil are of course the best of the lot from SA but they are levels below the top European nations and have been for some time. Messi is arguably the greatest player since Diego Maradona I can’t really argue with that but the fact he’s been so unsuccessful at international level says a lot.

Back