Players that support the rangers

Not now though, Celtc are his team. His father Tom good guy, signed by us but never made it to first team.
My old chemistry teacher and Simon was in my cousins clsss at school. Posters of super covering his school books.

Not now though, Celtc are his team. His father Tom good guy, signed by us but never made it to first team.
His auld man was our science teacher at our school I'm sure, think he was a P.E teacher at some point. Never knew he was signed by us.

Robbie Fowler or Alan Smith from the past, both super players and just the sort youd like in your Rangers team.

From the here and now I thought Oli McBurnie would be a similar type to the aforementioned, albeit it not quite as good obvs. When Sheff Utd got relegated I wondered if Rangers would move for him but it never seemed to happen and now probably never will.

Eusebio and George Best are new ones on me I have to say. Are there any quotes from Best about us or is it just because he was a protestant from NI?

Since folk are mentioning shite ex Tim players I'll say Darren Jackson.
Couldn't believe it when I seen him in the Rangers end at the nou camp 2007

Last edited:
Gordon McQueen was on TalkSport years ago talking to Alan Brazil about something and Brazil mentioned that weekends Old Firm game.
He asked McQueen if he was going to it.
"Isn't it at Parkhead?" Gordon asked.
"Aye," replied Brazil, "You going?"
"Nah," said McQueen, "I'm not going to that dump."
I can remember (maybe 78 world Cup) an article on the Scotland squad at that time asking if they would sign for us as the first Catholic and from memory McQueen said yes but not as the first one. Pretty sure most of the squad said no. Jordan, Rioch, Mason,

Eusebio and George Best are new ones on me I have to say. Are there any quotes from Best about us or is it just because he was a protestant from NI?
Podcast with Bill McMurdo , his agent and friend for years, said that he was a Rangers man and was dying for us to come in for him at the time he signed for Hibs.

Reactions: TN8
Players that support Rangers narrows it down a little bit, particularly if you exclude those who have merely said some good things about our club in the past.

So the correct answer is David Bruce Smith. 8 years a player, over 300 appearances and ecwc winner. RSEA patron and regular attendee of rsc / club functions who always has time for his fellow supporters. ST in the Govan rear, away games if tickets allow and euro trips when practical. 78 years young next month yet still pays his way to follow our club everywhere he can. Ticks both boxes for the op, a great player for and staunch supporter of our club.

Take a bow Dave Smith, top bluenose and Rangers legend.
My dad’s favourite player. Always talking about him as I was growing up.

Rikki Fulton had a short spell as Rangers manager which was ended after his 1st team coach Gregor Fisher tried to get him to sign Gerrard Kelly.
Just a clip that you could watch over and over and still laugh.
Showed it to one of my English mates, he just sat staring at me as I started to pish myself laughing.

And John Mcgovern from the same team .
As was John Robertson who was the subject of a player focus in the Forest programme of a game I attended in about 1971-1972 and answered "Rangers" to the question about which team he grew up supporting. Mind you he was a chubby "wing-half" who looked nothing special in a struggling Forest team that was relegated that season so hard to imagine the European Cup winning and Scotland winger who terrorised full-backs that he was to become.

Back