Gio under pressure at feyenoord

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think he’s that an unrealistic option if he’s available. Knows the expectations of the fans and one of the more exciting options in my opinion.

One things for sure the board must get the next appointment right.

It always amazes me that every potential manager mentioned gets a negative reaction from a section of posters. I can’t think of a single manager who would get universal approval. Mourinho even gets slagged by some

He's a great guy with a great personality, but he doesn't seem to make players that much better.

Stubbornly keeping the same players even when out of form and the same tactic even when you can see it's not working.

First season: 3rd place with 9 game run without a win (7 losses and 2 draws) but we did win the Dutch cup. Brought in Advocaat for some help.

Second season: 1st place, with some luck I need to admit, nearly fuc.ked up a 9 point lead and won it with a point to spare. Had Dirk Kuyt to motivate the players.

Third season: Won the charity shield and are in the cup final. 23 points behind the league leaders in 4th place. I don't fault him per se as the players clearly couldn't handle playing twice a week and that amounted to a lot of injuries.

But the worrying thing for me is the lack of motivation he brings now and again keeping to the same tactics. Thankfully this season we have van Persie to brighten things up.
Was searching for a different thread and found this one. Just before we brought SG in - quite a few interesting takes here

He's a great guy with a great personality, but he doesn't seem to make players that much better.

Stubbornly keeping the same players even when out of form and the same tactic even when you can see it's not working.

First season: 3rd place with 9 game run without a win (7 losses and 2 draws) but we did win the Dutch cup. Brought in Advocaat for some help.

Second season: 1st place, with some luck I need to admit, nearly fuc.ked up a 9 point lead and won it with a point to spare. Had Dirk Kuyt to motivate the players.

Third season: Won the charity shield and are in the cup final. 23 points behind the league leaders in 4th place. I don't fault him per se as the players clearly couldn't handle playing twice a week and that amounted to a lot of injuries.

But the worrying thing for me is the lack of motivation he brings now and again keeping to the same tactics. Thankfully this season we have van Persie to brighten things up.
Much of above post is pretty much an uncannily accurate summation of the present position at Ibrox. It would appear that GVB has learned nothing and has not developed in any way as a manager in the intervening four years.

Seems like Gio hasn't learned anything in 4 and a half years since this post

:rolleyes:

Chilling.

This is eerily familiar...

Did Dick Advocatt remain with GVB for the second season and help him win league or did he leave after first season?
He joined them in February till the end of the season it was a unpaid position. From what I remember at the time he wasn't involved in match days or the training.

He joined them in February till the end of the season it was a unpaid position. From what I remember at the time he wasn't involved in match days or the training.
Thanks. Thought the wee General could have been the inspiration / or guide for Gio to help him. But if he left after first season then that knocks that theory on the head.

Apart from OF games where I agree there’s a doubt I think the level of criticism being levelled his way is quite frankly disgusting
He shouldn't get personal abuse but every Rangers manager will be questioned after heavy defeats and especially two capitulations against Celtic in under a year

Thanks. Thought the wee General could have been the inspiration / or guide for Gio to help him. But if he left after first season then that knocks that theory on the head.
I don't know if it was down to him or not but when Advocaat joined till the end of the season they didn't lose another game.

Don’t know what chills me more, the Feyenoord fan giving comments that don’t look out of place when looking at the current Rangers team.

Or seeing a thread from 2018 when we as a club were an utter mess, and the worry then was I wouldn’t see Rangers win a league title or compete in Europe again for a very very long time.

It's honestly like you just jumped into a time machine and went back to 2018 just to post this.

EVERYTHING in that post is exactly what we're experiencing right now!!!!

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit we’re now being subjected to it

It's honestly like you just jumped into a time machine and went back to 2018 just to post this.

EVERYTHING in that post is exactly what we're experiencing right now!!!!

But it's not, despite the determination from some to shoehorn in the same narrative. It seems satisfaction won't be had unless he actually fails. In the meantime, we'll pretend he's failed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back