The Sash Sectarian ?

"mentally challengeds are on it", nothing more certain these days and STILL some folk are determined to give them free gratis ammunition. Utter imbeciles!

yes it does.

"chanting a sectarian slogan whilst playing the sash". If they meant that the sash was the sectarian aspect they'd have said "chanting a sectarian slogan called the Sash".

fwiw. You must be incredibly thick to stick that video online.

Don’t even have to mention The Sash if the insinuation isn’t meant.

From the Sun:

Watch shock moment Scottish rugby fans play The Sash on bagpipes in Rome as someone shouts ‘f**k the Pope’

THIS is the shocking moment kilted rugby fans play sectarian tunes on the bagpipes as someone shouts “f**k the Pope” during Scotland’s Six Nations clash in Italy.

Footage has emerged of a man belting out the tune for The Sash while his two pals dance beside him.

Scottish Rugby are attempting to identify the men.

God speed sleepless nights for everyone until these men are called to account for this heinous crime against humanity. :rolleyes:

What a complete nonsense that this is a news story.

From the Sun:

Watch shock moment Scottish rugby fans play The Sash on bagpipes in Rome as someone shouts ‘f**k the Pope’

THIS is the shocking moment kilted rugby fans play sectarian tunes on the bagpipes as someone shouts “f**k the Pope” during Scotland’s Six Nations clash in Italy.

Footage has emerged of a man belting out the tune for The Sash while his two pals dance beside him.

I’m generally not shocked at Scottish people playing bagpipes, but each to their own in this small land.

The piper could have a case against them for wrongly claiming he is playing a ‘sectarian tune’. I wouldn’t be surprised if they amend the online article in time.

Last edited:
The irony of the notorious and racist anti-English dirge the Flower of Scotland being played before every Scottish national rugby game has obviously passed the SRU by. Send the English home again ? Imagine if that line in the song referred to another nationality ?
Spot on.Swap the word English for Irish and people would be getting jailed for singing it.

Even if that were the case, how is saying FTP sectarian? You know yourself it isn't and just shows the sort of corruption we have in our government. They say it's "embarrassing," but to me, they're the real embarrassment; this country is beyond a joke now with regards to the government.

You make a very good point Scotty in asking how is saying FTP sectarian? This is a genuine question. What makes this form of words sectarian?

Spot on.Swap the word English for Irish and people would be getting jailed for singing it.

I'm no lover of that dirge but it doesn't mention the English, it sends "Proud Edward's army" home to think again. No different to "King James and all his rebel band" and I've never heard of anyone getting the jail for singing that, in fact I and many others have sang that one on many occasions and I've not been jailed yet :D

I'm no lover of that dirge but it doesn't mention the English, it sends "Proud Edward's army" home to think again. No different to "King James and all his rebel band" and I've never heard of anyone getting the jail for singing that, in fact I and many others have sang that one on many occasions and I've not been jailed yet :D
The point I was making is that it tells people to go home.English,Irish or Syrian it doesn't matter nowadays,you can't say it.
I'm also aware of the anti Scots line in our national anthem.
Personally I would replace that with Land Of Hope And Glory but that's an argument for another day.

King Edward was the English King. Do you actually believe Scotland could have a song played before a rugby game containing lyrics concerning sending any other nationality home to think again ? Its a clear double standard we expect from twats like Beattie, Spiers, etc, who see sectarianism and racism as a one way street.

I was brought up a Protestant. Part of my upbringing was being told that the papacy was evil, and basically the pope was the anti-christ.
Given what i’ve witnessed, or discovered over the years coming from the vatican, I have no reason to say that my parents were wrong.
I am also glad that I was raised as a true Christian.

The sad thing is, these days, being a true Protestant is considered by many as sectarian. This type of reporting further attempts to denigrate Protestants. I would even go as far as to say that the article itself, is sectarian.

Being a Protestant is deemed sectarian in this hellhole of a country, thank the Lord my daughter's are seeing sense and making good life's for themselves in Australia.

All well educated young ladies and most definitely Scotland's loss.

In Scotland we have become far too hung up on the word sectarian. The whole world is sectarian.
Whether it be Muslim v Jew, Sunni v Shiite, Scot v English, Aussi v Aborigine, Protestant v Catholic, Christian v Atheist, French speaking Quebec v English speaking Canada, Black v Boer. And after all we have a sectarian schooling system. It is endemic through the entire planet. It's just tribalism

It is daft to try to pretend it is not part of the human condition.

The problem though is not sectarianism but being offensive and intolerant towards other cultures.

But of course too many in this country (including those in power) are caught up in their own petty prejudices to see what should be obvious.

The Sash may well be sectarian. I couldn't care less. It is not offensive

I was brought up a Protestant. Part of my upbringing was being told that the papacy was evil, and basically the pope was the anti-christ.
Given what i’ve witnessed, or discovered over the years coming from the vatican, I have no reason to say that my parents were wrong.
I am also glad that I was raised as a true Christian.

The sad thing is, these days, being a true Protestant is considered by many as sectarian. This type of reporting further attempts to denigrate Protestants. I would even go as far as to say that the article itself, is sectarian.

The Vatican, via its proxy vassal states like Spain, raped and pillaged its way around the globe for centuries. All that gold in Rome didn't get there by accident. It is gangsterism, a particular quasi- religious scam that plays on the gullible, and seeks wealth, political power and influence with a ruthless efficiency, be it at lowly council or national level in every country it exists. It preaches that poverty is almost divine, while simultaneously raking in the billions. Naturally, they were also the first to condemn the Jews to squalor in ghettos, to wear yellow insignia to differentiate them from other citizens, which then inevitably led to their mass murder in the Inquisition. This deliberate isolation of the Jews for slaughter was the template for the future Nazis to commit their genocide of the Jewish people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cum_nimis_absurdum

The Vatican nowadays in the public consciousness is inextricably linked and synonymous with the rape of children on a colossal scale around the globe.

Last edited:
Has Tim Minchin ever played his song in Rome at a gig, though he isn't Scottish is he. Though he has played it in Scotland.

What a time to be alive. One man utters three words said on video in another country makes a media story .

You make a very good point Scotty in asking how is saying FTP sectarian? This is a genuine question. What makes this form of words sectarian?

It’s not a good point. Shouting FTP is sectarian as is shouting FTQ.

It’s a horrible shout and deeply offensive to RCs. Of course it’s sectarian.

It’s not a good point. Shouting FTP is sectarian as is shouting FTQ.

It’s a horrible shout and deeply offensive to RCs. Of course it’s sectarian.

Both the Pope and Queen are Heads of State, but verbally abusing the name of only one will see arrest in Scotland.

FTQ is classed as political.

Here's how it currently legally stands in our fair and equal Scottish Courts.

19th Century Terrorist - sectarian criminal offence
FTP- sectarian criminal offence
Anti-Irish racism - sectarian criminal offence

Hun - legitimate free speech
FTQ - legitimate free speech
Anti-British racism - legitimate free speech

Its no surprise then that anti-Protestant sectarianism is rarely recorded by Govt statistics when few arrests and convictions are ever made .

Back