Jason Cummings

YOGI_GER

I can't see Murty getting the gig full time now, will the loan players we have last?

Has Cummings done enough?

I think at £600k he will be kept on. It's a decent deal without a huge risk. I think it's been pretty much agreed anyway to be honest.

Here goes another Cummings/Morelos debate

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe that any of our signings have been Murty’s but I think that the job is Murty’s barring any major failure between now and the end of the season.

In answer to the original question then yes, he has done enough during his limited time on the park to merit a contract.

For what it’s worth, I don’t believe that any of our signings have been Murty’s but I think that the job is Murty’s barring any major failure between now and the end of the season.

Saturday was a major failure, again .

In answer to the original question then yes, he has done enough during his limited time on the park to merit a contract.

No chance mate, none.

We are a constant failure. Murty needs to go. I will be disgusted if we persist with this rubbish.

Major failure? You been on Mars the past couple of weeks. We got beat at home twice. Ten fuckin men. How major does this failure need to be?

if utilised correctly, Cummings will bag every week.

We're now almost in April (having signed Cummings in January) and our manager still hasn't worked out how to use Cummings. :rolleyes:
Totally agree... It's all right saying he will get us goals but we have to play to his strengths.

the issue is that we will beat Motherwell at Fir Park in a week with a dogged performance and the atmosphere on this board will change again towards Murty

we are nothing but fickle

I believed, until recently anyway, that both Cummings and Murphy’s deals were all but signed and sealed.
Yes.

Structured slightly differently. Murphy deal was done in January. The payment is "guaranteed" to be made in the summer.

Cummings is a genuine "loan", but it's safe to say he is not going back to Forrest and that we will be taking up the offer to buy for £600k and the player also wants this.

He's played 528 minutes for us and has 5 goals and an assist in that limited time.

For the price and considering his potential, it's a no brainer.

A real manager would have already got more out of him already.
3 of those goals were against probably the worst Falkirk team we have ever played.

He has not done much in other games. Saturday being a prime example he is not a lone striker. He needs to play with Alfredo up top with him in the coming weeks, play well and score a few more goals (one or two against the poets will seal it)... Has this £600k tag been confirmed, as surprised Forest would let him go for less than they bought him>?

For the reported fee, yes. Good player, though I think he’s been hugely overrated by fans who took to his wacky personality more than anything. I’m talking about all those who fancied him over Morelos.

Last edited:
the issue is that we will beat Motherwell at Fir Park in a week with a dogged performance and the atmosphere on this board will change again towards Murty

we are nothing but fickle
No. I think the jury has finally decided Murty is NOT the man.

I certainly don't believe he will be the manager in the summer.

For the reported fee. Good player, though I think he’s been hugely overrated by fans who took to his wacky personality more than anything. I’m talking about all those who fancied him over Morelos.
He has too much carry on in his head ,He thinks he’s the next Gazza only difference is Gazza could win a game single handed

3 of those goals were against probably the worst Falkirk team we have ever played.

He has not done much in other games. Saturday being a prime example he is not a lone striker. He needs to play with Alfredo up top with him in the coming weeks, play well and score a few more goals (one or two against the poets will seal it)... Has this £600k tag been confirmed, as surprised Forest would let him go for less than they bought him>?

How many goals did his team mates score against 'probably the worst Falkirk side we've ever played'?

He's played 528 minutes for us and has 5 goals and an assist in that limited time.

For the price and considering his potential, it's a no brainer.

A real manager would have already got more out of him already.

Puts him right up there with Pena.....he does nothing but score the occasional goal, which apparently is something we don't really need. £600,000 plus a sizeable wage, signing on fee, and agent's backhander.

You decide.............if I'm reading this thread correctly he's a no brainer as well :):):)

Cummings is a no brainer at £600k, he’ll grow into being a star for Rangers and Scotland.

As for Murty, I don’t think even a Scottish cup win will get him the job, the fans have seen enough and I suspect the board know that

For 600k then yes for me, although I would imagine Allen is already looking for someone of a higher standard for next season, especially if Morelos goes.

Reactions: cav
I didn't want us to sign him due to his previous behaviour but in fairness he looks to have buckled down pretty well.
I think we will sign him as we'll be losing a lot of strikers this summer(possibly all of them if Morelos goes),and 600k isn't crazy money.

In an ideal world we'd be signing better though,600k could be a signing on fee for a decent free transfer albeit the wages would be a lot higher for a Lasogga type for example.

Barring any major failure? we're in danger of finishing third, and an unwanted record of home losses to boot

He's done ok mate, you don't need to bring up the "worst Falkirk team ever played" stuff when you've got folk banging the drum for Windass who has scored about 85% of his goals against the worst teams we've played all season!

Cummings is a proven goal scorer and played in the right system will bag a shitload of goals for us.

if utilised correctly, Cummings will bag every week.

We're now almost in April (having signed Cummings in January) and our manager still hasn't worked out how to use Cummings. :rolleyes:
This all day long. Morelos upfront himself just inst working especially with the invisible man Windass not there to back him up. The poor guy is running about like a headless chicken sometimes for the ball and that's no slight on the man, the guy is playing his heart out.:(

At 600k its an absolute Yes

But its obvious to see that backtracking and defensive positioning arent his thing.

Walter Smith knew how and when to use Kris Boyd, its the same here. He has perfect attributes for Rangers centre forward.

Saturday by Murty was like Walter dropping Darcheville or Cousin to play Boyd up himself. Christ Walter even played Novo up himself in Bremen instead of Boyd !

This all day long. Morelos upfront himself just inst working especially with the invisible man Windass not there to back him up. The poor guy is running about like a headless chicken sometimes for the ball and that's no slight on the man, the guy is playing his heart out.:(

We've scored plenty goals this season and Morelos and Windass have scored a fair chunk of them mate.

Morelos has done very well up front on his own and if he'd taken one of those chances against the mentally challengeds he'd have been man of the match that day.

His link up and hold up play was outstanding and gave their defenders a torrid time.

Jeezo ! yea we have yet yo encounter any major failings this season

Yes and we'll need to sign another two strikers. Miller, Herrera, Hardie and Morelos will most likely be gone in the summer.

Murty is the issue. Playing his favourite continually despite hiding in games recently. Why can't he see it?

Yes for me, it's not just about the first 11, we need a strong squad and Cummings certainly adds to that.

Back