Souness getting it now

Forced to clarify comments to help all the thick bastards out there who jumped on the bandwagon.

The guys jumping on it are even worse. Bill Burr has their number.

Souness knew exactly what he meant and so do the rest of us. Those trying to take issue with it are the bigots.

I see the BBC website has an article on the "outrage" now. The offended get plenty of their view reported, don't see anyone quoted as backing Souness for a perfectly reasonable remark.

Sky Sports pundit Graeme Souness says he does not regret describing football as "a man's game" after Chelsea's fiery 2-2 draw with Tottenham.

His comments drew criticism from Chelsea striker and Euro 2022 winner Beth England and ex-England international Eniola Aluko.
Souness was analysing the physical nature of the game and referee Anthony Taylor's approach.

"It's a man's game all of a sudden again," Souness said on Sunday.

"I think we've got our football back, as I would enjoy football - men at it, blow for blow, and the referee letting them get on with it."

Former Liverpool and Scotland midfielder Souness was sitting beside Karen Carney, who won 144 caps for England.

Presenter Dave Jones immediately added: "It's also a woman's game as well."

It followed a dramatic London derby at Stamford Bridge which ended in an angry confrontation between managers Thomas Tuchel and Antonio Conte. Both were shown red cards after the final whistle.

Aluko responded to Souness' remarks on social media, writing: "Awkward turtles, Graeme Souness talking about 'it's a man's game again' sat next to an England centurion Karen Carney, two weeks after the Lionesses end a 56-year wait and win European Championships. Come on. It's not OK."

England, who was in Sarina Wiegman's Euros-winning squad, said: "What a disgraceful thing to say after the summer this country has just seen."

Speaking to Talksport on Monday, 69-year-old Souness said he regretted "not a word" of what he said in Sunday's broadcast.

"Let me explain," he said. "I've been advocating for years that the referees have such a major part to play in the success of the Premier League.

"We've got to be careful what we say today and I've not been very good at that, but we were becoming like other leagues.

"The refs were blowing the whistle all the time, the game didn't flow and it just wasn't a very good watch. Our game has always been unique, always been more meaty, more in our face, more intense and we've got away from that.

"Yesterday in my comments I said we've got our game back. That's the kind of football I remember playing. Our league will be better for it - we are back."

Later in a statement released through Sky, Souness said: "To clarify my comments from yesterday, I was referring to the two Premier League matches I watched live on Sunday afternoon, rather than the sport of football.

"Football is a game for everyone to enjoy."
Beth England needs to get in the bin.Stupid bint that she is.

Made a "man's game" comment at the end of the Chelsea game there. Twitter currently in meltdown because his fellow pundit was some female footballer. It's a well known (and factual) turn of phrase ffs, honestly what the f*ck is it with these people?!

Sadly wouldn't be surprised if Sky get rid now.
He was on talksport this morning and Simon Jordan defended him to the hilt!!! Saying the comments are by the wokery and badly educated pundits ( term loosely) that we have to put up with today....

Have you ever read a thread on women's football on here?

That's where I form my opinion.

By the way, are you aware the US womens team lost to an under 14s team in a friendly? lol
About 12 years ago, I stand corrected it was 2017.

Last edited:
Beth England needs to get in the bin.Stupid bint that she is.
What is it these cranks would like him to say?

The popularity of Woman’s football must be at its highest especially down south. All of these female players coming out and throwing their tuppence worth may well have an adverse effect to that.

Im sick of all these idiots complaining , nothing wrong with what souness said yesterday , 2 teams going at it ,passion , tough tackles yes it is a mans game , womans football will never be as equal as mens and for what its worth i think womans football is utter shite
It is utter shite but you aren't allowed to think or say that :D

Ricky Gervais has the correct attitude.

Heard him say a few times, if you are offended don't listen or watch me and if it still offends you then I don't care.

Simple as that.

Has Carney actually said anything about this? Or are other people offended on her behalf because this will likely end up in her getting abuse aimed at her at grounds now imo.

Clarifying his comments is a waste of time. Those who have feigned offence aren't suddenly going to start acting in good faith. They've seized upon an opportunity and they won't be backing down.

Anyone who watched the game and who listened to his analysis can be in absolutely no doubt what he meant.

I enjoy the women's football and it will be big one day. However, pay and conditions must match the product and of course it never will match the men's game. However, I think more and more will want to watch it.
Never happening mate.

England, USA and possibly 3 other teams worth watching and even then it’s a hard watch at times.

Keeping will always be an issue and slaughtered.

There is also a major difference that some may like or some may say it’s just poor quality, for example no diving, crunching tackles, tactical fouls or even running down the clock.

It certainly won’t be watchable in our life time

They haven't, as far as I can see. No apology from Souness, and they haven't binned him. Shouldn't need the statement of course but he's stood his ground and hopefully that puts an end to the fucking nonsense.

It'll be interesting to see if Sky mention it at the start of their coverage tonight.

The magnificent bastard has nothing to apologise for and should tell them to stick their job up their Jacksy.
The women’s Euros summed up women’s football for me.
Zero skill, zero entertainment and zero interest outside of England.
The standard was laughable at best and it was perfectly summed up when the “ Lionesses “ had to return to their day jobs after it was done and dusted.
They even wheeled them out at the Etihad last week to remind us of their “ achievement “.
Not for me I’m afraid.

The statement from Souness is completely unnecessary. Anyone who didn't understand that from the beginning is too stupid to be listened to in the first place.
Its just nuts he has had to open his mouth and say anything, There are zero females playing in the EPL , no female managers . He watched a game featuring all men with male managers and male thats the Ref.

The women’s Euros summed up women’s football for me.
Zero skill, zero entertainment and zero interest outside of England.
The standard was laughable at best and it was perfectly summed up when the “ Lionesses “ had to return to their day jobs after it was done and dusted.
They even wheeled them out at the Etihad last week to remind us of their “ achievement “.
Not for me I’m afraid.
And this is the attitude to women playing football that we're trying to get rid of.

Sky are the worst. When they’ve woke arses like Anthony R Joseph controlling their various social media feeds and such, the agenda will be pushed
By the way, Sky are simply hypocrites.

Act like this when it suits them.
I actually remember being very disappointed in them in the past... such as pish poor coverage (and defence) of Glen Kamara in the Slavia incident. That one they didnt seem to want to get too involved. Look at the vile abuse from the other side of our city to our recently departed legends (Walter, Jimmy, Goalie) or x-players (Lafferty).... and not a word. but talk about 11 men v 11 men being a man's game... oh no!

It's a disgusting state of affairs that he has to put a statement out for that. We've let the country become infested with these morons.
This.
How can anyone seriously be offended.?
If you are watching a great game in women's football and loving every minute of it you might say "this womens game is awesome".
As did souness watching chelsea - spurs yesterday. he loved it. he was enthusiastic. expressed his pleasure at watching men (yes, men) play football but somehow now in deep trouble.
Men AND Women play the game. we all know that. we all see that. Simple really.

And this is the attitude to women playing football that we're trying to get rid of.
It’s an observation not an attitude.
If people wish to go and watch them that’s up to them.
If I want to offer my opinion on a forum connected to football then that’s up to me.
I respect all opinions on here because we all have the same love for our football club.
I’m not interested in any other club male or female.

Attitude or opinion?

I agree with the posters opinion of the standard of football and respect his not wanting to watch womens football. I certainly have no wish to take in any games.

On the other hand, I have no problem with successful womens teams being championed, so I disagree with that opinion.

Don't know how some women are getting their oven gloves and tea towels in a tangle.
Souness was only pointing out that it was a more physical game and it was played by 22 men.
What the f*** else was he supposed to say?.
Too many pc people about.
Supporting transgender publicity etc..

The offended certainly don't help the woman's football push at the moment really. If anything it causes division with male supporters with this nonsense.

Also until they don't have regular score lines like 8-0 and 14-0 back to back, it's hard to take their game serious for now. It's the sort of scorelines you get in School football.

Deep down that England euros win isn't taken seriously by anyone apart from females as being a major trophy. It might be classed as one, but it's no where near it compared to the mens euros or world Cup for example. That isn't to say it won't ever have such appeal, but it just isn't at the moment.

I'm not sure when the female game enters the phase that it's taken seriously, but it isn't in 2022 IMO. Crowds for their games show that as well.

Not sure if that enters the cancel culture directive, but its how I see it and I'm sure it's how millions see it across the country but maybe just don't want to say so.

The offended certainly don't help the woman's football push at the moment really. If anything it causes division with male supporters with this nonsense.

Also until they don't have regular score lines like 8-0 and 14-0 back to back, it's hard to take their game serious for now. It's the sort of scorelines you get in School football.

Deep down that England euros win isn't taken seriously by anyone apart from females as being a major trophy. It might be classed as one, but it's no where near it compared to the mens euros or world Cup for example. That isn't to say it won't ever have such appeal, but it just isn't at the moment.

I'm not sure when the female game enters the phase that it's taken seriously, but it isn't in 2022 IMO. Crowds for their games show that as well.

Not sure if that enters the cancel culture directive, but its how I see it and I'm sure it's how millions see it across the country but maybe just don't want to say so.
Time for honesty, there's barely a football fan whose weekend will be made or ruined, by their club's ladies team winning or losing.

Personally, whilst I wish them the best, until I care about Rangers Ladies losing a game, even against Them, it will just be a curiosity.

I'm sorry, that's just the way it is.

He’ll have his dignity, morals, medals and all time British great status along side friends and family should the worse case even come close to transpiring. It won’t on this occasion though

I watched Jimmy Carr on TV the other day and I remember the outrage when he was being cancelled.

Jerry Sadowitz will probably talk about Souness tonight whilst waving his cock as well. Lol

Back