Jurgen Klopp.Yay Or Nay

Look at the money Man Utd and Chelsea have spent as well. You can say City have all this money but it's not like they're the only ones. Difference is they have a top manager and usually spend it wisely.

The manager is obviously important, but the biggest difference is they have brilliant people at the recruitment and director levels. Brilliant people who they bought from Barcelona in Soriano and Begiristain.

When you have them and the unlimited budget, a good manager will win you trophies.

Not saying he's not made progress, he's brought them on massively.

Success is measured by trophies for these clubs and consistently nearly getting there isn't being successful.

He’s won 6 trophies in 7 years, including their first league title in 30 years.

He’s also been to 3 Champions League finals (winning 1) and a Europa League final in that time.

If that’s not success for a club that struggled to compete (outwith 3/4 seasons) for 20 years then I don’t know what is.

Look at it this way.Steven Gerrard won us the league and got our credibility back in Europe with some cracking results.
Even then there were plenty on here saying that we needed to win a few cups as well.
Now it depends what reports you believe but there are some that reckon Klopp has spent close on £700m.For that I would expect the odd FA Cup and League Cup at the very least
He won both domestic cups this season he's competing against a far richer club for the league this City squad is arguably the best squad in English history an outstanding team Klopp has amassed over 90 points three times in normal seasons that's 3 league titles

Mane leaving according the reputable Fabrizio Romano
Apparently he said he’d make an announcement today after their bus parade (yes they’re really having one), they were expecting him to announce he’d stay, but rumours now are that he’ll be off to Bayern.

Apparently he said he’d make an announcement today after their bus parade (yes they’re really having one), they were expecting him to announce he’d stay, but rumours now are that he’ll be off to Bayern.
A parade? Jesus Christ

Mane leaving according the reputable Fabrizio Romano
When though? If its right now then they must have agreed a sale. Incredibly, all three of Salah, Mane and Firmino are out of contract next Summer. They must have Ross Wilson's brother as DoF if FF is to be believed.;):)

EDIT: Looks like Bayern Munich are the favourites.

Last edited:
On Klopp as a Manager, I think he's very, very good. Good for his players and I'm sure they all love having him there to take the heat for them. Have to say though that when he first went to Liverpool I quite liked him as a guy as well. However, over his tenure there he's turned into a right obnoxious twat. Something we've seen from a fair few who've been in charge at the DhimDome as well.

Kinda irrelevant stat though, it's like the tims claiming to be better than us in Europe this year because they finished on 9 points in their group whilst we had 8.

FWIW I think the EPL is as weak as it has been in a long time. Man Utd are shite, Arsenal meh, Spurs meh, the rest are rank rotten.

Yeah fair point.

He won both domestic cups this season he's competing against a far richer club for the league this City squad is arguably the best squad in English history an outstanding team Klopp has amassed over 90 points three times in normal seasons that's 3 league titles
Have Liverpool not spent more or similar to City?

He's a brilliant manager. However, he is a prick and that is being polite. The fact he is that self entitled he thinks the 4th officials is his personal psychiatrist. and focal point is fucking embarrassing.

Good manager. Prick of a manager.

I read last night Pep's net spend is £563 million Klopp's is £115 million big difference although obviously it's not the only reason City are dominating the EPL Pep is an outstanding manager
Who's got the better squad? I'd say city imo

Included in those figures would be barca basically bankrupting themselves to sign Coutinho

Hate both teams by the way

He’s won 6 trophies in 7 years, including their first league title in 30 years.

He’s also been to 3 Champions League finals (winning 1) and a Europa League final in that time.

If that’s not success for a club that struggled to compete (outwith 3/4 seasons) for 20 years then I don’t know what is.
2 of which were the Super Cup and World Club Cup.

Guardiola arrived at City the following season and has won 11 honours including 4 league titles, 5 domestic cups and a CL runners up.

Again, not saying he's not made serious progress but with the teams he's had he should have won much more. IMO.

Trevor Jordache will be spinning in his grave under that patio in brookside after yesterday’s result… Klopps developing the scouse chip on the shoulder these days

In 7 seasons at Liverpool he has won a Champions League,Premier League,FA Cup and a League Cup.
Is he classed as a success or a failure?
For me he is somewhere in the middle

Yay. His team got to finals and so close to league champions, c'mon.

Rafa Benitez had them in two CL finals in 3 years yet he’s viewed as some sort of joke figure, safe to say its also harder to beat Milan in a final (second only to Madrid on the all time winners list) than to beat Spurs. Also won the UEFA cup in his last year at Valencia, so 3 European finals in 4 years. Add an FA cup to that too.

Rodgers was a baw hair from winning the title a couple of seasons prior to Klopp coming in. Klopp’s brilliant but if you didn’t actually know anything about Liverpool and read this thread you’d think they were some sort of Leicester City type club before he rolled up, although curiously enough Leicester have won the league as many times as he has since he’s been there.

That’s what I’m saying, Rafa made Liverpool a decent cup team for a few seasons but was pretty average in the league bar one second place finish that fizzled out come April. He was considered a hero in Liverpool until he took on the Everton job.

Rodgers was hopeless in Europe for them and had one good season in three.

Klopp has taken them to four European finals, including three Champions League finals. In the seven seasons before he joined they’d been in it once (and were knocked out in the group stage), and even though there’s only been one win, you have to consider that two seasons were at 92 and 97 points. All done in the Pep Era which makes even one title win an accomplishment. Leicester was a great achievement, but circumstances favoured them with Utd, City and Liverpool capitulating.

Obviously Liverpool had the odd good season in the last 30 years but they were dreadfully inconsistent. Klopp has them challenging for the title year after year and making the latter stages of the Champions League a regular occurrence. He’ll go down as one of their greatest ever managers IMO.

All about opinions. Is he a great manager or not. I would say he is a great man manager but i am not sure if he is a great manager.
What i can say is he is a fantastic person. Peoole may dislike him as a manager but believe me he is a caring fantastic person.

Clearly a success. Liverpool have been, in my opinion, in the top 3 club sides in the world for a number of years now. He is undoubtedly a greeting faced bastard though. They will really struggle to replace him. As will City with Pep.

I thought he was a decent person when he first came good attitude and was warm and friendly when interviewed, but now he seems to have turned into a bit of a prick.
He has done well as a manager and certainly improved Liverpool in the process could he have won more, probably but every manager will want that.

Appeared a happy go lucky character when he arrived at Liverpool.
He has been successful but the pressure of the job looks to be getting to him. Some of his comments recently are bizarre.

what ..was this the club have had a hell of a week ,what's happened ?.4 points is gony be bit to get back at city and arsenal even this early .wouldn't put it past united to.turn them over next monday.i like klop

I’m not Klopp’s biggest fan but to be fair, he’s been up against the most financially resourced side in football history. To win any title, and coming within a few points of winning others, is pretty impressive
There's not much difference between the two financially and Man United have spent even more than either of them.

I think on balance yay. Pity for him Man City have even more massive resources and an oudtamding manager. His demeanour not so great these days.

I’m not Klopp’s biggest fan but to be fair, he’s been up against the most financially resourced side in football history. To win any title, and coming within a few points of winning others, is pretty impressive

As much as Man City have spent tons of cash, Man Utd are the perfect example of how big budgets don't autoamtically mean success in the EPL. Everyone is spending hundreds of millions down there.

There’s no mistaking he’s made Liverpool one of the best teams in the world like his dortmund team was but he loves a glorious failure. 3 champions league final defeats and 2 leagues lost by a point with Liverpool.

what ..was this the club have had a hell of a week ,what's happened ?.4 points is gony be bit to get back at city and arsenal even this early .wouldn't put it past united to.turn them over next monday.i like klop

Have you been watching Man Utd?

FWIW Klopp is a prick and his scattergun approach to blaming everything and anything whenever they drop points is hilarious to watch. Robertson's a wee prick as well.

Back