Jimmy Nicholl ?

I had high hopes that somebody with prior managerial experience could help Murty.

I now think Murty is beyond help.

I think maybe Murty feels Jimmy's mthods are a bit dinosaurish. Murty seems very tree huggy, lets have no conflict, lets build good vibes by respecting the other team. That might work with kids but football needs fire and a bit of fight.

I strongly doubt the next guy will want him.

Not outwith the realms of possibility if it’s a Warnock type appointment. But yeah, he probably will move on.

My guess would be back to Falkirk. Hartley rated him very highly.

Probably because Murty for the most part , unless being an arsehole with Halliday, doesn't make subs till it's too late.
We haven't even had anyone out on the pitch at half-time at Ibrox for weeks. It's been highly noticeable how little there is going on in terms of drills, etc during the break.

Jimmy’s highly valued as a number 2 everywhere else he’s been and certainly with Northern Ireland.

The most important post by some distance is of course the manager, and if there are major flaws there the number 2 doesn’t stand much of a chance of changing anything.

I think we all know Murty is not our answer
I would put Murty back to the youth team and give Jimmy Nicholl the job for the run in

What do we have to lose?
We have to finish second and Im not sure Murty can deliver

Never understood the appointment of Jimmy Nicholl.

His coaching/managerial credentials are pretty rank.

If he wasn't an ex- Ranger and 'Ulsterman', he would be getting ridiculed.

Jimmy’s highly valued as a number 2 everywhere else he’s been and certainly with Northern Ireland.

The most important post by some distance is of course the manager, and if there are major flaws there the number 2 doesn’t stand much of a chance of changing anything.
Jimmy is a.true blue our manager is anything but.

Back