They play for Rangers not the manager

sandyinroyalblue

The players need to realise that they play for Rangers not Murty or Pedro.

On Sunday and over the next 5 games they MUST play to the very best of their abilities, no matter how limited we feel some are, and produce the best possible results for Rangers. It shouldn't matter who is picking the team or tactics they are experienced enough to change things themselves to win their personal battle v their direct opponent and if the majority do that we should get favourable results.

Its not a time for moods, huffs or poor attitudes. We the fantastic, loyal Rangers support deserve no less.

Sorry but you are way off the mark.

The Manager's role is pivotal in getting his players to play to a system and they way he wants them to perform.

Does the same apply to a conductor of an orchestra?

This is what i cant get over, they are going for the treble again and no matter who is in charge to not give it your all for the club is a hanging offence and thats why i couldnt care less if everyone of them left.

The Manager's role is pivotal in getting his players to play to a system and they way he wants them to perform.

Regardless of tactics or structure of the team, it doesn't require a good Manager for a player to show some passion, some aggression, to put in a tackle now and again or to break into more than an amble as they move around the pitch.

Enough has been said about Murty all over this messageboard, but we should never forget that the performances from the players on Sunday - regardless of any concerns over tactics, shape or team selection - were a disgrace. Totally unacceptable from each and every one of them.

To me the same principles apply. If you do your very best the music will be good due to your ability and experience. I'm not saying a manager has no input just that they are Rangers players NOT Murty players.

I say this all the time. It happens far too often these days.

How many on this board go to a job where they aren't the biggest fan of their manager? Still have to go and do the job or face disciplinary action or the sack. Footballers get away with downing tools, not performing and even pushing the manager out.

Part of the managers job spec is to get the “best/most “out of his players,just ain’t happening.

Part of the managers job spec is to get the “best/most “out of his players,just ain’t happening.

And part of the players 'job spec' is to give their utmost each and every week.

Works both ways. Let's not exonerate the players for putting on a performance that schoolkids would have been ashamed of.

Regardless of managerial deficiencies, players don't seem to come armed with the personal pride in their own performance these days (fuckin' sad if you ask me).

And part of the players 'job spec' is to give their utmost each and every week.

Works both ways. Let's not exonerate the players for putting on a performance that schoolkids would have been ashamed of.
Who’s exonerating players?not even a “blind man “could put up a defence for that lack of performance last Sunday ,and no not enough has been said about murty,as Monday morning will confirm "

Who’s exonerating players?not even a “blind man “could put up a defence for that lack of performance last Sunday ,and no not enough has been said about murty,as Monday morning will confirm "

Please don't think I'm putting up a defence of Murty. I'm not. You're comment that 'it's the Managers job to get the best/most out of his players' is true - but smacks of laying all the blame at the Manager's feet. If I've taken that the wrong way then fair enough.

Poor tactics, wrong shape, no motivation - down to the Manager. Lack of effort, application and mental fortitude? Entirely down to the individual player - and too many of ours were posted missing on Sunday. In fact, each and every one of them was.

The debate on Murty is over. He is toast in the near future. Dunno what you mean about Monday?

It's got to the point where you ask yourself,well how many are going to actually show up,anywhere else in employment your contract would be terminated, they'll have a cheek to pick up a wage for that. Not as professional as they should be and after that no show I don't think there is any going back from this. Disgrace to the badge.

Football does seem to be the only industry where you can choose not to perform for your boss and company and yet still get overpaid and lauded. Bunch of egotistical wasters. I know they dont have Messi's talent but I sure as hell wish they would show his desire and work ethic.

Just give the job to the first guy we find on the street then.

Not what I said. A good manager improves players and methods and gets more from the team than the sum of the parts.

However every player should give their very best every game no matter who that manager is.

No room in Rangers for huffy bastards who think its OK to go through the motions. Never saw a Gough, Greig, Jardine or McDonald give less than their all. Playing for this club is an honour not a chore

Irrespective of the managerial shortcomings, the players have been a fućking disgrace of late.

And way more than Miller & Wallace need to be gone.

Graeme Murty is in over his head and appears to be mentally exhausted, the board need to do him and his family a favour and take him out of the firing line. And the fact that some footballers prey on managerial weakness shows them up for what they are.

Back