Opposition to an Orange strip

The opposition from the rest of the league about us playing in an Orange strip in tantamount to racism.

We are being subdivided into a distinct group that are different due to our social behaviour and our innate capacity as well as the widely accepted idea that we can be ranked as inferior.

The opposition stems from our Protestant roots and that is exactly why the opposition exists.

It is quite frankly, a disgrace.

People need to stop living in the dark ages. It's 2018.

Is it possible to read this where the 1st thing in your mind wasn't "what a lot of pish"?. Literally no-one thinks like this

I find it funny how we can have a situation where a colour is regarded as sectarian due to association with a particular religious group. As long as you are promoting a culture then there is nothing wrong with that.

I find it funny how we can have a situation where a colour is regarded as sectarian due to association with a particular religious group. As long as you are promoting a culture then there is nothing wrong with that.
The Orange strip was a nod to our Dutch contingent, nothing to do with anything else

You offer merchandise that would be in demand,
if others find an Orange coloured top offensive then it says more about them than they're trying to accuse you of.
They'll moan at anything Rangers do, they don't matter.

It's not a discussion currently anyway

There won't be an orange kit imminent and I seriously doubt the club will.
They've leaked this info to take heat off themselves and some have clearly bought it.
Tend to agree with this, unfortunately.

I’d welcome an orange kit with open arms but I can’t help but think it might be a desperate attempt to keep us content a bit longer.

I'm going to admit, I wasn't a fan of the first orange strip but on a matter of principle this is exactly the type of thing that we should never be dictated about by others.

If our club ever wanted to go on the offensive, then I'd have no problem with them releasing one and systematically calling out everyone that kicked up their false outrage about it.

Crying racism against the colour of a strip that may/may not actually appear?

This board has went full nuts since Sunday.

Board got what they wanted though. A wee leak about a potential orange strip and the S.A.F brigade are instantly distracted from the off field drama. Defending a strip that's a year or 2 away ffs.

It's convenient its leaked , bit not for this season or the one after , but definitely part of the 3 years ;) and at a time whete the club are desperately shopping around for new revenue streams the board are going to gurantee we're all over the news with " sectarian strip" pish from the usual sources.

I'll gladly eat crow if they release one , seems unlikely though.

Board got what they wanted though. A wee leak about a potential orange strip and the S.A.F brigade are instantly distracted from the off field drama.

It's convenient its leaked , bit not for this season or the one after , but definitely part of the 3 years ;) and at a time whete the club are desperately shopping around for new revenue streams the board are going to gurantee we're all over the news with " sectarian strip" pish from the usual sources.

I think by "board" he meant Follow Follow.

Who gives two fucks what others think about us?

I wouldn’t give it too much thought to be honest, there isn’t one single hairy testicle among the people in our boardroom to give the go ahead for an orange kit. I am surprised fans are even talking about this as there’s been no evidence whatsoever since these guys took control of the club to suggest they will do anything that will incur the wrath of the REAL bigots in this country.

It’s crystal clear it’s STILL appeasement central at Ibrox and it’s not going to change with guys like Courageous Paul Murray, Stew WHO, climb downs over the Cup Final exuberance and the shitty treatment of Chris Graham and not forgetting the presence of Traynor who should be nowhere near Ibrox to give just a few glaring examples of how bad the rot truly is within our club.

General concensco seems to be that we shouldn't be allowed it.

As another poster quite rightly states it would be an extraordinary asset and for that reason alone it is a must.
Who said we shouldn’t be allowed one? Don’t think i can remember anyone?

OP talking shoite? :D

Reactions: SE5
Board got what they wanted though. A wee leak about a potential orange strip and the S.A.F brigade are instantly distracted from the off field drama. Defending a strip that's a year or 2 away ffs.

Some folk have the attention span of a gnat. Just wait till 'Wee Vlad' drops a Tweet and it'll be oblivion......

QUOTE="Jim McDonald, post: 1234440, member: 10299"]The opposition from the rest of the league about us playing in an Orange strip in tantamount to racism.

We are being subdivided into a distinct group that are different due to our social behaviour and our innate capacity as well as the widely accepted idea that we can be ranked as inferior.

The opposition stems from our Protestant roots and that is exactly why the opposition exists.

People need to stop living in the dark ages. It's 2018.[/QUOTE]
Never heard of teams talking about our colours where the fuk did you get this from or are you at the stirring.

Anyone that thinks a colour can be racist/sectarian or whatever is a f**kin moron and should be collectively laughed at.

General concensco seems to be that we shouldn't be allowed it.

As another poster quite rightly states it would be an extraordinary asset and for that reason alone it is a must.
If Rangers wanted to produce an orange strip there would be no issue in doing so. Haters can hate but we would be able to play in it. Sadly the club does not have the balls it seems to put a huge commercial opportunity in front of the feelings of the clubs who tried to kill us. Let’s think about that for a minute?!

The opposition from the rest of the league about us playing in an Orange strip in tantamount to racism.

Nonsense post! Absolute made up drivel.

Crazy that the scum would be so triggered and offended by a strip that is the same colour as a 3rd of the flag they claim to so dearly love

I still find it incredible that we allow others to dictate which colour of football kit we wear and what colour is and isn't acceptable. We must be the only club in the world to allow it.

not sure how legit this is ?

No matter what there will always be someone offended. Wasn't that long ago there was pathetic creatures pretending to be offended because of the way the grass was cut one season. There is no doubt there will be a negative spin put on it if we do bring out an orange strip and I hope there is as it shows these cunts up for what they are.

It doesn't matter what we do and we shouldn't give two fucks about offending anyone any way. In fact we should be going out our way to try and offend as many of the scummy bastards as possible.

an orange strip should be top of the angenda when we get a new kit deal
it would sell like hot cakes

fuk the haters let them spew over it

Anyone who complains about an Orange coloured kit is a sectarian bigot, and Rangers should say so.

I agree but it won't stop the usual suspects. They don't even need to believe it themselves as long as they do their bit to damage the brand then its job done

Personally I couldn't give a shit what the rest of the league or their fans think. However, to suggest there is a racist element to us having an orange strip is just mental. If it annoys the shit out of them then lets ensure it happens.

Who care's what the rest of the planet think,the quicker we look after ourselves and stop worrying about what other folk think the better..hell I wouldn't stop at just an orange away strip...I would have a *Orange Range* casual wear aswell and to tell them all to go and through shite at the moon.

But we want to build bridges and be pals again!

I would fast track the orange top yesterday,it would be a cash cow for us,but I won't be holding my breath on it all with SR.

Rangers first and only Rangers..the rest can quite frankly %^*& off!

WATP

Are you nuts ??

There's nothing stopping an orange strip if the club wants it. The only possible issue could be if a sponsor had a problem with it, but you'd imagine they'd have already weighed up the pros and cons of sponsoring Rangers.

However, bringing one out at this stage would be a very cynical move from an increasingly unpopular board.

I am all for us doing the orange strip as long it is done well, and therefore is likely to be a big commercial success. If it’s boggin then no thanks.

Get it out there, make money for the club and fuuk some offended poets who have nothing better to do than troll anything our Club choose to do.

Too much cowtowing to arseholes.

Im not an orangeman and Im not a bigot

But I have no objection to The Rangers having a Tangerine shirt
and yes I think it would be our biggest selling shirt ever
We are Rangers We dont care

WATP

Still waiting on the OP, giving us examples of this ‘opposition’ and outrage?

Personally, and for the mentally challengeds looking in, we should have a 5 pointed purple star sewn into the back of the neck, eh Timmy?

Back