Warnock and Super Ally

I agree that Warnock would be a great fit for us right now. Getting the best out of a limited squad surely is our number 1 requirement for a new manager. We have a pretty average squad of players but we'd be in a very different position if they were giving their all.

Warnock has been largely successful wherever he's been down south. He does get the best out of teams and tends to have sides punching above their weight. It would be interesting to see how he did up here with us. If you notice in his interviews he likes to play his side's chances down and play the underdog card. He'll not get away with that up here.

I'm not saying it's not worth giving him a shot at it, it would certainly make things interesting.

I always have a chuckle when I see on here Warnock should be the man. Then watch the same posters say Walter is too old whilst the two are the same age.
I have nothing against the guy or his age but I am not sure about him being able to turn round our situation but that’s just an opinion. I feel the same about RDB don’t think he would have an earthly starting from where we are. Just another PLG appointment in my eyes.

Warnock is a football traditionalist. i think he would see managing Rangers as an honour and an ambition rather than a smart career move. he would be better staying at Cardiff, but i think a club the size of Rangers would be too much to resist. Would be like a bucket list thing

How so? With which striker has he worked wonders with before?
Miller for one. Turned him into a much more composed finisher in one v ones. The type that Morelos currently struggles to finish.

Last edited:
He’d be my choice,he’s a strong willed character and a disciplinarian to go along with it,which has we have all seen,is something we’ve lacked for a hell of a long time.

I want Neil Warnock as our next manager and I hope the board go all out to get him. He is a no-nonsense Manager who gets the best out of his players and I think he would be by far and away our best hope right now. He also has a fondness of the Bears and has previously joked about managing us one day with SA as his 2nd. Given how this whole charade has panned out and how the dark days started with Ally in charge - it would be quite fitting for us to lift 55 with him back in the Management team along side Warnock. Stuff of fantasy perhaps but I reckon the both of them could be convinced if the board went all out and we deserve an epic and fitting end to this misery. Thoughts?

Clint Hill speaks about Warnock a bit below..

"I think he would love another crack at the English Premier League with Cardiff. But he does speak fondly of Rangers.

"Give him everything you have got and he will love you, if you don’t, then you might not be staying around very long"

The defender - who loved his time with the old-school boss has detailed what makes him so special to work with.

He added: "He is unique, no other manager can do what he does. Gives players responsibility, treats them like human beings,generally recruits good characters that are willing to sacrifice themselves for the team and this in turn creates a strong bond and a camaraderie between players."
I don't want McCoist anywhere near us.

Can`t stomach Warnock - his most recent display when beaten by Wolves is typical. We should be contacting Kilmarnock to approach Clarke. If, and it is a possibility, he knocks us back I`ll bet he won`t run to papers with the story.

If Warnock became our manager he would wreak havoc up here. Could you imagine the fall out if he told Brenda to f**k off at full time and refuse to shake his hand. Would be great to watch but the establishment up here would go after him.
He comes across as a bit of an ars**ole but at least he would be our ars**ole ha ha.

Miller for one. Turned him into a much more composed finisher in one v ones. The type that Morelos currently struggles to finish.

I suppose if you make something up with zero proof either way then it's believable to some.

The bottom line is that McCoist ran the squad like it was a pub team, his reported training methods and high jinks were a joke, he presided over some of the worst defeats in, certainly my time supporting the Rangers. Will we go on about his misdemeanours?

This idea that he will and actually deserves some kind of role back at the club is borderline insane.

I suppose if you make something up with zero proof either way then it's believable to some.

The bottom line is that McCoist ran the squad like it was a pub team, his reported training methods and high jinks were a joke, he presided over some of the worst defeats in, certainly my time supporting the Rangers. Will we go on about his misdemeanours?

This idea that he will and actually deserves some kind of role back at the club is borderline insane.
There was a marked improvement in Millers finishing under Walter and Ally as no.2, the proof is there.

I'm purely talking of SA as a no.2 and it being a good combination along side Warnock. If they were to bring us success on that level again I'm sure all would be forgiven.

Warnock is definitely the man i'd be going all out to get, but as has been said in his current situation it looks unlikely.

There was a marked improvement in Millers finishing under Walter and Ally as no.2, the proof is there.

I'm purely talking of SA as a no.2 and it being a good combination along side Warnock. If they were to bring us success on that level again I'm sure all would be forgiven.

It's interesting how ideas can be skewed depending on who you are championing.

Why do you think and with what evidence do you have that makes you feel that McCoist would be a good combination with Warnock? If you are comparing the relationship to his and Walter's then it doesn't work like that.

Ultimately you wish McCoist to return on the management team after him being a disaster and I really can't get my head round it at all.

If Warnock became our manager he would wreak havoc up here. Could you imagine the fall out if he told Brenda to f**k off at full time and refuse to shake his hand. Would be great to watch but the establishment up here would go after him.
He comes across as a bit of an ars**ole but at least he would be our ars**ole ha ha.

Quite honestly, I can't wait. Bring it on! (Can't see it happening though).

I always have a chuckle when I see on here Warnock should be the man. Then watch the same posters say Walter is too old whilst the two are the same age.
I have nothing against the guy or his age but I am not sure about him being able to turn round our situation but that’s just an opinion. I feel the same about RDB don’t think he would have an earthly starting from where we are. Just another PLG appointment in my eyes.
I guess the difference is Smith is retired, Warnock isn’t.

I really dont see the appeal of Warnock. A decent, middle of the road manager and appointment that would inspire absolutely nothing from anyone. He does well at smaller clubs, scrapes a bit of success before being promptly relegated and moving on.

Mccoist as no 2..... No words really. Wow.

It's interesting how ideas can be skewed depending on who you are championing.

Why do you think and with what evidence do you have that makes you feel that McCoist would be a good combination with Warnock? If you are comparing the relationship to his and Walter's then it doesn't work like that.

Ultimately you wish McCoist to return on the management team after him being a disaster and I really can't get my head round it at all.

Yes and your doing your own share of skewing to suit your own opinion talking about Ally the manager as opposed to him as a no.2. The fact is Ally was a good and very successful no. 2 to Walter who's style is not dissimilar to Warnock. Take away all the other factors, his spell in charge as a Manager and all the other stuff and focus purely on Ally in that no.2 role and I feel they would be a good combination.

I'm first and foremost more into the idea of getting Warnock in. Who would be his number no.2 wouldnt bother me too much but I reckon SA would be a good fit, thats all.

I am actually not opposed to this suggestion OP, one of the better ideas I`ve seen on here this week!

Ally was actually a decent no.2 under Walter, I think he would give balance to an old school type manager like Warnock. He would certainly pull the dressing room together.
Exactly. Focussing on Ally the no.2 and none of the attachments outwith this it would be a very exciting prospect. Add in a 3rd coach with a different angle again and we would have a competent Management team right there.

And today's name out of the 'Warburton Mental Magic Management Hat' is: Colin Wanker
And you bonus ball: Super Ally as assistant

Yes and your doing your own share of skewing to suit your own opinion talking about Ally the manager as opposed to him as a no.2. The fact is Ally was a good and very successful no. 2 to Walter who's style is not dissimilar to Warnock. Take away all the other factors, his spell in charge as a Manager and all the other stuff and focus purely on Ally in that no.2 role and I feel they would be a good combination.

I'm first and foremost more into the idea of getting Warnock in. Who would be his number no.2 wouldnt bother me too much but I reckon SA would be a good fit, thats all.

I'm not skewing anything. How do you actually know he was a very successful in the role as a number 2? Walter Smith on evidence pulled all the strings and (the reason I mention his role in the public eye) when McCoist was given responsibility where it mattered he failed. So how good a number 2 was he, what do you think he learned?

It's insanity to think McCoist should come back in any form of managing anyone, as first team coach, implementing training in the background or taking the names down on who is dressing as what at the end of season party and it would be a success.

IMO it appears you are comparing the character and style of Warnock and Smith and thinking 'the boy' will do good with them in charge.

I want Neil Warnock as our next manager and I hope the board go all out to get him. He is a no-nonsense Manager who gets the best out of his players and I think he would be by far and away our best hope right now. He also has a fondness of the Bears and has previously joked about managing us one day with SA as his 2nd. Given how this whole charade has panned out and how the dark days started with Ally in charge - it would be quite fitting for us to lift 55 with him back in the Management team along side Warnock. Stuff of fantasy perhaps but I reckon the both of them could be convinced if the board went all out and we deserve an epic and fitting end to this misery. Thoughts?

Clint Hill speaks about Warnock a bit below..

"I think he would love another crack at the English Premier League with Cardiff. But he does speak fondly of Rangers.

"Give him everything you have got and he will love you, if you don’t, then you might not be staying around very long"

The defender - who loved his time with the old-school boss has detailed what makes him so special to work with.

He added: "He is unique, no other manager can do what he does. Gives players responsibility, treats them like human beings,generally recruits good characters that are willing to sacrifice themselves for the team and this in turn creates a strong bond and a camaraderie between players."
Stopped reading at Ally.

Load of f*cking pish.

I was told, back in late 2017 (after PC was sacked) that NW had agreed to come here at season's end. I posted as much at the time.

When he signed the new contract with Cardiff, I thought my info must be wrong (though it came from a decent source). I haven't seen the person since, so I have no way of knowing.....but I'd take NW over almost any other of the names that have been thrown around. IMO he is exactly what we need at this time.

Would be happy with Warnock as manager and hopefully keeping Jimmy Nichol as a 1st team coach and then someone young who knows the league, has experience of some degree as a manager and could be moulded into the role for when Warnock is done.

I'm not skewing anything. How do you actually know he was a very successful in the role as a number 2? Walter Smith on evidence pulled all the strings and (the reason I mention his role in the public eye) when McCoist was given responsibility where it mattered he failed. So how good a number 2 was he, what do you think he learned?

It's insanity to think McCoist should come back in any form of managing anyone, as first team coach, implementing training in the background or taking the names down on who is dressing as what at the end of season party and it would be a success.

IMO it appears you are comparing the character and style of Warnock and Smith and thinking 'the boy' will do good with them in charge.

I think Warnock with McCoist as his no.2 would work and be successful and yes that view may be based on a similar working style to what Smith and McCoist had. Like I've said in the main, first and foremost I want Warnock in and after that I aint overly fussed who his no.2 is.

I’ve gone full circle. I initially wanted a progressive forward thinking young coach however as time has passed I have come to the realisation that what we need now is someone with a no nonsense approach that will instil a bit of back bone in this side and turn them in to winners. Warnock doesn’t suffer fools gladly and would make a big impact in a short period of time leaving us in a much stronger position to then make the more forward thinking appointment when he retires.

I actually think Warnock's a far better option than some of the other names mentioned on here and other places. The one thing he is very good at is motivating players and getting them to give their all, something we are clearly lacking at the moment.

I don't like Warnock at all, and personally don't want him.

He is however, a very good coach who would almost certainly improve us on the pitch.

Ally McCoist was an utter disgrace as manager however and I can't believe people are suggesting him in any capacity whatsoever.

Why would we want a manager who gets teams to punch above their weight , is not scared of dressing room conflict and would take absolutely no shit of the media ?

Back