Rangers Fans in Taiwan??

rangerstilidie54321

Eventually getting round to starting an RSC out here.

I have a couple of pubs in Taipei lined up that are willing to show the games for us, although I just need to find some other Rangers fans out here to get this off the ground for the start of next season.

Does anyone on here live in Taiwan / have mates or family out here that might be interested??

Cheers in advance.

Let's Go!

Formosa's old but it is beautiful :rolleyes:
f5l8jiK.gif
:D

Fucking love Taiwan man. Don't know anyone from there, but if I'm ever in the area I'll give you a shout.

Fucking love Taiwan man. Don't know anyone from there, but if I'm ever in the area I'll give you a shout.

Please do mate! Hopefully we're able to make this work over here. Been considering it for years. My only concern is the lack of Brits. Majority of the foreigners are Americans or South Africans, although maybe that's just been my experience... In 6 years I've only met two Scotsman, both of whom have been Rugby boys.

The lads across the water in Hong Kong have a great set up at the Trafalgar. Brilliant RSC there if you're ever in that area too.

Please do mate! Hopefully we're able to make this work over here. Been considering it for years. My only concern is the lack of Brits. Majority of the foreigners are Americans or South Africans, although maybe that's just been my experience... In 6 years I've only met two Scotsman, both of whom have been Rugby boys.

The lads across the water in Hong Kong have a great set up at the Trafalgar. Brilliant RSC there if you're ever in that area too.
Where in Taiwan are you, that may help out

I am due out in Taiwan for work and recently worked in Baku which has a brilliant RSC plenty of them post on here. Just don’t take a bunch of pissed up Aussie and kiwi colleagues in with you

If you get it off the ground will no doubt meet you at some point

Where in Taiwan are you, that may help out

I used to stay in a big city on the west coast (Hsinchu), but a couple of months ago we relocated to a small town on the east coast (Toucheng).

Anyways, the majority of foreigners in Taiwan live in Taipei, so all being well, that's where we'd watch the games. I've already spoken with a couple of pubs there and they're willing to show games for us. Just need to get enough lads.

I worked in Taiwan between 2000 & 2002 - a long time ago I know - I knew a couple of brits there who supported Liverpool - although they came from Kent -
There was a bar in Taipei we all used to go to that was owned by a swiss guy that had a satellite dish calable of getting anything world wide and used to show fa cup finals and Australian sports events - even in the middle of the night, American sports and cricket - biggest crowds seemed to be for Australian events
No idea if it's still going & sorry can't even remember the name - not much used to you I guess
One thing I do remember there was a shop that sold an amazing collection of cd's but it was owned and run by a grey & green wearing timmy to$$er - best avoided if still going
All the best in starting the RSC - hope it's a big success

I used to stay in a big city on the west coast (Hsinchu), but a couple of months ago we relocated to a small town on the east coast (Toucheng).

Anyways, the majority of foreigners in Taiwan live in Taipei, so all being well, that's where we'd watch the games. I've already spoken with a couple of pubs there and they're willing to show games for us. Just need to get enough lads.
I used to drink in a sports bar in Taipae city which had over 100 TVs and would put on any game for you, I don’t remember the name but I met a few fellow Bears here and a few scum also. If I remember correctly it was walking distance to 101 maybe 10 minutes walk.

I worked in Taiwan between 2000 & 2002 - a long time ago I know - I knew a couple of brits there who supported Liverpool - although they came from Kent -
There was a bar in Taipei we all used to go to that was owned by a swiss guy that had a satellite dish calable of getting anything world wide and used to show fa cup finals and Australian sports events - even in the middle of the night, American sports and cricket - biggest crowds seemed to be for Australian events
No idea if it's still going & sorry can't even remember the name - not much used to you I guess
One thing I do remember there was a shop that sold an amazing collection of cd's but it was owned and run by a grey & green wearing timmy to$$er - best avoided if still going
All the best in starting the RSC - hope it's a big success

Thanks pal, I've high hopes... Just trying to get word out now, but so far no success. I know plenty of English footy fans, but no Rangers lads as yet.

Wow, 2000 - 2002.... I've been here since 2012 and I've seen a huge difference in that time. Would loved to have seen it back then!

O
I used to drink in a sports bar in Taipae city which had over 100 TVs and would put on any game for you, I don’t remember the name but I met a few fellow Bears here and a few scum also. If I remember correctly it was walking distance to 101 maybe 10 minutes walk.

'On Tap' by chance?

Thanks pal, I've high hopes... Just trying to get word out now, but so far no success. I know plenty of English footy fans, but no Rangers lads as yet.

Wow, 2000 - 2002.... I've been here since 2012 and I've seen a huge difference in that time. Would loved to have seen it back then!

I loved every minute of it- wonderful place - great people -
I 'm sure there are bears out there & I'm sure you'll get interest even if it does take a while
Wish you every success

There was an electrical power plant in Lungtan (about 1 hour 10 minutes if the traffic wasn,'t too bad) from Taipei that was run by GE & had lots of Scots engineers -
Maybe worth trying to sound out / advertise in that area if you're looking for potenial recruits ?

Genuinely don’t remember, this was before the shitstorm so it could have been bought over.

When I am over now I just watch the games on RTV in my room or if it is a big game I go to My Place which is a small pub in Zhongshan.

My Place rings a bell, sure I've been there before.

For the past 6 years I've been using RTV every week... Does the job, but you can't beat watching the games with like-minded individuals ;)

I would try and get the new RSC and its location advertised on Facebook and Twitter as much as possible mate. Perhaps try on the local tourism websites for advertisment. You would probably pull in a lot of Liverpool supporters now that Gerrard is our new manager and they'll be wanting to see how he does.

I would try and get the new RSC and its location advertised on Facebook and Twitter as much as possible mate. Perhaps try on the local tourism websites for advertisment. You would probably pull in a lot of Liverpool supporters now that Gerrard is our new manager and they'll be wanting to see how he does.

Yeah, going to go down the Facebook route next. There's a few foreigner pages here that I'll try to spread the word on. Thanks for your advice.

Back