Liverpools version of our song, like with so many, I couldn't understand them either, lol.

I don’t think we can really claim that as our song, plenty of teams use it, probably loads of them before us.
They sing a version of Every Other Saturday if I remember correctly, it would be interesting to hear the origins of that one, I can’t say I’ve heard anybody else singing it.

It's not our song. Napoli started it, then Atletico copied the tune. Quite a few on it now.
If everyone had bought into it at the start we would have been the first British team singing it I thonk, but unfortunately it has never taken off to its full potential with us.

Have to say, I'm not up to speed, regarding other clubs that sang it before us, had only heard it from our support, hence why I said ours.

Always willing to stand corrected. :(:)

I've always thought that Every Other Saturday was our song first before any other support.

I choose to believe it is true therefore it follows that it is. Fact!

That's our song for sure. Was it not a single by Lex McLean in the 60's? I think one of the oldest Rangers songs must be As I was walking down the Copland Rd. My father in law used to sing it from when he was in Scotland during WW2

I like the line in the Liverpool version ‘we’ve won the fuucking lot.’

To be fair they one of the most decorated clubs in world football and can rightly be proud of their history as can we.

It's not our song. Napoli started it, then Atletico copied the tune. Quite a few on it now.
If everyone had bought into it at the start we would have been the first British team singing it I thonk, but unfortunately it has never taken off to its full potential with us.

poets say there version for the rent boy was sung before us.

I like it but it gets sung far to often hopefully the UBs come up with a couple more for next season

I was at a Sunderland game earlier this season and they were singing there own version of 4 lads had a dream

Every Other Saturday was indeed by Lex McLean and he sang it on black & white TV. That puts it no later than late 60s/very early 70s. Lex was very much one of us and his song is ours.

I can remember my wee pal Joe sitting down to write these songs back in 1872, i told him put your own name in the song you"ll go down in history. same with YNWA, he wasn't keen on it though, Joe said i"ll leave that one, Somebody will put it in a musical.

Last edited:
I was at a Sunderland game earlier this season and they were singing there own version of 4 lads had a dream

Some teachers had a dream,
To start a football team,
They had no money kit, not even a ball,
But they carried on,
And Sunderland were born,
6 league titles, and still going strong!

The Liverpool version of that song is garbage. Lyrics are rubbish. Said it on the other thread but it's just thrown together soundbytes.

At least our version tells a story of the last few years.

I am sure every version has a reason behind it, Liverpool's about their European adventures

I like the song, well our version. The fact the mentally challengeds and Scousers sing it annoys me, but the Scousers are ruining it, it's virtually all they sing these days and fast becoming another good song that becomes annoying

Scousers version is rank. Who in Liverpool would actually say Allez?
Just chucking in words to a tune they liked. Every Saturday we follow!!!

There’s an instrumental verison by that scouse Jamie Webster for Pubs and RSC Busses for next season on Apple Music.

I don’t think we can really claim that as our song, plenty of teams use it, probably loads of them before us.
They sing a version of Every Other Saturday if I remember correctly, it would be interesting to hear the origins of that one, I can’t say I’ve heard anybody else singing it.

The origins of it is that it's our song and they have plagiarized it.

Back