Patrice Evra has upset some people

It was clear she had been reading Wiki for her info but was it any worse than what those two idiots served up ?

Yesterday, the lassie Alex Scott was the best pundit on the France/Australia game by a mile. Drogba could barely string a sentence together and Neville was a complete arsehole who was wanting an argument with anyone who didn't think his thoughts.
^thought that as well,Alex Scott is pretty decent I reckon(at punditry) :D
The three of those today were a bit of a car crash,although I think they're all @rseholes regardless tbh

It the men's world cup she has no place there anyway shove all that PC shite

Will be very interesting to see if half the panel is male at the next female world cup, although I highly doubt it will be. I'm genuinely all for equality (real equality) but this uber pc crap does my head in and it always ends up far from equal. Apparently you can't even call the women's scotland team the women's scotland team anymore either or you're sexist, it's simply to be called the scotland team. Seriously?

Aluko is there for three simple reasons. She has the English fa by the balls over something that may or may not have happened, she's female, and she's black. Don't know her persuasion but if she is gay or bisexual on top of that then she will have ticked every conceivable box for the pc brigade and she will be on our screens forever more, talent is a secondary requirement these days.

If they want football to be genuinely equal between males and females then let boys and girls play football together past the age of 12 and the best players get on the pitch (I coached a team and lost one of my best players because she was no longer allowed to play in the team simply because she was female), otherwise, like school segregation, the pc crackpots shouldn't be bitching about problems and perceived lack of respect between the male and female codes. It's a fecking nonsense, the lot of it.

I just can't take women football commentators or pundits seriously. They look out of place because they are out of place. Only the daft social engineering ideology of " inclusivity", which is now prevalent on the telly, gets them the gig.

Will be very interesting to see if half the panel is male at the next female world cup, although I highly doubt it will be. I'm genuinely all for equality (real equality) but this uber pc crap does my head in and it always ends up far from equal. Apparently you can't even call the women's scotland team the women's scotland team anymore either or you're sexist, it's simply to be called the scotland team. Seriously?

Aluko is there for three simple reasons. She has the English fa by the balls over something that may or may not have happened, she's female, and she's black. Don't know her persuasion but if she is gay or bisexual on top of that then she will have ticked every conceivable box for the pc brigade and she will be on our screens forever more, talent is a secondary requirement these days.

If they want football to be genuinely equal between males and females then let boys and girls play football together past the age of 12 and the best players get on the pitch (I coached a team and lost one of my best players because she was no longer allowed to play in the team simply because she was female), otherwise, like school segregation, the pc crackpots shouldn't be bitching about problems and perceived lack of respect between the male and female codes. It's a fecking nonsense, the lot of it.
Completely agree...when a job is filled by ticking the woman check black check gay check is that not going against equality. UK has turned into a PC mental ayslum

I watched an England womens game a couple of months back all pundits and commentators were women only man seen was Phil Neville getting interviewed after the game.

Do they have male pundits during netball womens hockey women's Rugby etc? Genuine question

I blame Keys and Grey. Until those two clowns got caught taking the piss out of women in football, shining a light on the matter, nobody gave a %^*&.

I think the ratio of decent female pundits to decent male pundits is pretty good tbh.
Aye i'd rather listen to Aluko than some annoying wee dick like Savage. People always looking for a reason to be offended and now they've got their sights solely on women pundits without any care in the world if they're better than some men at the job, can imagine you get good odds on these people throwing around the term hunk a lot as well

Reactions: JSM
I thought the female presenter led them all down that path by saying “She’s good isn't she?”
Larrson comes across as a completely prick at all times, I honestly have no idea why they have him on.

Did he not have the cheek to say something about KDB shouldn’t be talking about how he thinks Martinez fucked up tactically one match & that he was out of order and disrespectful.

Bit of a cheek coming from a mutineer who got a 5 game ban by the FFF

BTW Keane is a miserable bastard and offers feck all.

Lawrenson as a commentator is worse than that. Much worse.

The lassie Alex Scott has been pretty good so far, and a fresh perpsective from the usual monotone pish. Or is it Aluko? The one on the BBC.I am getting them mixed up.
Quite racist if you're saying you're not able to tell them apart.

Then you mention monotone! :eek:

Seriously, I'm far from sexist, but if things like this raise these kind of concerns then just keep women out of it.

Some of the stuff that the male pundits say to each other makes this looks childsplay.

Exactly, it's so obvious they've been shoe horned in for political correctness. It's like all the mixed race couples you see in the adverts, the perfect family.

Oh how times have changed. I remember serving my time in the yards years ago and my journeyman telling me that his wife wasn't feeling 100% and had asked him to make her a cup of tea. "FFS she wanted me to go into the kitchen, does she think I'm some kind of poof?"

Ahh the good old days.

Aluko may eventually relax but at the moment she’s Fucking horrendous and is proving why she’s seen as a box ticking appointment. Her delivery is like a 12 yr old kid on stage for the first time. I’d imagine itv have spent a bit on preparing her, well it’s failing badly

She spoke at a work event I was at recently and while what she says is very good, her delivery is pretty awful and the content loses most of the impact as a result.

Maybe he is a surprised and complimentary that a woman actually knows something about player analysis and tactics and sounds like she cares about football as much as him. I would be the same way as most women couldn't give two sh*ts about football, and its nice to see some of them do.

Anyone else think that ITV hired a female player so the BBC decided they had to as well (or vice versa)?

It's a joke in all honesty. Surely there are more qualified people to give their opinions on international football?

Got hordes of people complaining and accusing him of being a patronising sexist because he applauded Eni Aluko’s breakdown of the Costa Rica side :D
I thought that myself, quite condescending not once but twice, never really liked him anyway and that just confirmed it

Watch and judge for yourselves. Evra and Larsson are absolutely patronising her IMO.

Don’t see anything wrong with that to be honest.

She’s clearly preped more than evra & the Martian. They were just impressed & would have done the same with a guy

Seems offence taking is becoming a more popular sport than football.

Natalie Sawyer would have been a decent addition since she left Sky at least she knows her stuff and very pumpable.

Absolutely nothing in this. Folk looking to be offended in my opinion.

Presenter has all but said she’s summed it up leaving nothing else to be really said and Evra is just having a laugh. The sexist and patronising comments are nonsense. If it was a guy he’d have done the same.

She’s clearly preped more than evra & the Martian. They were just impressed & would have done the same with a guy

Totally agree.

Got hordes of people complaining and accusing him of being a patronising sexist because he applauded Eni Aluko’s breakdown of the Costa Rica side :D

For fucks sake.

For all we know he's had a bit of banter with her beforehand about her football knowledge and she's showed him she knows her stuff.
He might not have and just thought she didn't know and he was impressed she knew.
Or he might be a dick.
So fucking what. Either way it's entertaining innit.

It's mad folk can take offence at that shit.

The FEMALE presenter sets it all off with the “isn’t she good” guff. That’s the funny bit.

Didn’t see it today but Aluko has been one of the best pundits so far.

And for balance, the burd on the highlights last night would get it :p

The black girl in the red dress? She's an ex England international, knew what she was talking about and she's also a wee belter.

Who doesn't want to see that on their TV screens?!

The more we have like that, the less we have gobshites like Sutton, Hartson, Boyd and Stewart.

Bring them on!

Don’t see the problem there. Are guys who are invited to be guests alongside women going to refuse to appear now incase some pinko contrived offence?

I’d rather watch and listen to Eni Aluko than some personality void like Larsson.

Aluko may eventually relax but at the moment she’s Fucking horrendous and is proving why she’s seen as a box ticking appointment. Her delivery is like a 12 yr old kid on stage for the first time. I’d imagine itv have spent a bit on preparing her, well it’s failing badly

Her analysis of the Morocco own goal got me.

'He headed it with the wrong part of his head. If he had just headed it the other way it wouldve have gone in'

I think she’s been largely useless. The other lassie has been very good though.

I’d agree on that. Aluko’s comments have been generic pish, almost as if she’s rehearsed what she should be saying. Absolutely zero insight or anything constructive.

As you say though, other girl on BBC has been contributing some half decent punditry and at least adds something to the debate.

I found myself agreeing with Aluko at HT rather than Evra and Larsson. I agreed with her that Serbia had been the team more in control and looked more likely to get the breakthrough. I was quite surprised that Evra and Larsson thought that Costa Rica had been the better team, just shows that those pair of plebs know f*ck all about football.

100% agree on this......the moment the game went back live Ian Dowie just confirms what Aluko had said, Serbia had been the better team who were pressing for a goal rather than trying to hit on the break.

Evra is a complete c*ck.....everything that is wrong with modern football. A money grabbing ego maniac

I don't agree with that at all. You're saying Evra would have given Roy Keane a wee stupid clap after he made a point like that?

She's a better pundit than those two c*nts anyway

Back