10 year old Declan John

Don't know if it's been posted on here before, but just found a youtube video from 2007 of a young Declan John showing off his skills. Anyone reckon this got shown to Mark Allen back when we were scouting him? :D

Guy I play football with went to school with him so played on the same school team. Said he used to take corners and just whip them into the top corner scoring all the time.

When I was a boy in Glasgow those keepie up skills would have been considered unremarkable for a ten year old.
Not that such skills marks out a potential player.
When I was a boy, not so long ago in the 1980s, those keepie uppie skills would've been most definitely average for a ten year old in my school. Again, not that such skills mark out a potential player.

He's a decent dribbler but nothing more than that. Same with his crossing. For me, the reasons why he has made it as a pro are his engine, general nippyness and speed (without being lightning), and his ball kicking technique.

We'll see if he can cut it for Stevie.

P.S. Maybe he was sharpening his studs on the concrete. Some of my peers liked the odd game with their 'allies' on the blaes before the big game on grass at the weekend.

What can I say, 'boys will be boys'.

Folk slating him for having average keepie uppie skills at 10 years old.

Only on follow follow. :rolleyes:

I certainly wasn't slating him, I simply mentioned that they were average.

If I stated he was Tom Kite and couldn't hit a barn door or trap a bag of cement....or words to that effect, then, fair enough.

Back