Mcgregor/Foderingham/Alnwick

Wes didn’t didnt play for the remaining games once the McGregor news came out. Supposedly due to an injury that he had for a while but was playing through.

I took it to mean he was off.

The fact that he is still there is probably because we have not been able to secure a decent enough fee for him.

I’d be happy enough with Alnwick as back up next season the McGregor with McCrorie getting a loan for game time at a decent level.

Maybe it's slightly harder to punt Wes than his fan club will admit.

No idea why he's not had an England call up, yet.

Maybe it’s still June and most clubs who would be interested in Wes haven’t even begun their transfer dealings.

The longer pre season goes on with all three still at the club (Mcrorie will go out on loan) is it looking more likely that they will all be here come Day one of the season? I know it’s still early, but will one of foderingham or Alnwick be looking to leave in this window? Or is mcgregor happy to come and be a back up? I think not. All three are good enough to be a number one somewhere, so it’s intersting to see what will happen in that area.
Long time to go yet and I think Fod will go as he will not want to be sub,think there will be quite a few in and outs as I feel Gerard has bought enough he hopes to get us through the European first round ,quite an amount to be spent yet.

Wes mentions on RTV interview that his shoulder will have to be managed carefully this season.

I assume this is very relevant.

Can't see Fod being happy as a no. 2 and can't see Alnwick being happy at not being involved at all on match day, so one of them will, I'm sure, be going. Personally I reckon it'll be Fod. Alnwick has accepted he's a back up keeper. Not sure Fod would accept that after being first choice since he signed.

McCrorie would be the third pick, but he will be out on loan soon. Hopefully to a championship team. So who would the third keeper be IF one of the main three leaves?

Heard a couple of weeks ago that Robbie was coming down to Ayr on loan. Don't know if this has been confirmed anywhere.

Don't know if there's any real meaning behind it, but Alnwick is the only one of our 4 keepers who hasn't done a pre season interview on RTV yet FWIW.

McGregor will be first choice with McCrorie as number 2 hopefully

Wes and Jak will be moved on once the serious business of the transfer window kicks in

Mcgregor has got to be number 1. Possibly captain too.

I’d sell wes as the difference in talent between him and jak ain’t much between them but I’d imagine their value is quite a bit different with Wes probably worth a lot more! Sell him and reinvest somewhere else.
Also might inspire young McCrorie even more as it one less person in his way. I think he is gonna be a tremendous talent.

Shagger is 100% number1 goalkeeper
Wes if he doesn’t get sold will need to play out his skin to take number 1
Alan no chance will be punted

For me I reckon Wes will retain the number 1 shirt, Mcgregor will be first choice, McCrorie will be sent out on loan and Wes will move on at end of the season with McCrorie stepping up.

Hard to sell a player if he has an injury

Wes admits it’s something that needs to be managed so can’t see him leaving

McGregor as No 1 I think as majority on here have guessed too

Yip-I think McGregor is number 1 for sure. Would be great to get a million or two for Wes to add to the budget. Alnwick is a good back up and Robby is waiting in the wings-Really stocked in that department which is great!

For this season alone.

I would like to see RM go out on loan

JA sold

McGregor No. 1

Wes backup.

I worry about McGregor staying healthy and not having a good back up.

Towards the end of the season JA had a wobbly....RM is too inexperienced.

Hopefully SG can convince Wes to stay.

It’s not an area of the park I’m too worried about if we get the defence sorted.

McGregor is number 1. I would like McRorie to be with the first team squad as number 3. Next stage of his devlopment.

Flog Wes or Alwick would be my advice but I am sure that Gerrard has own ideas.

Back