All about the Rangers at Atlanta v Portland

Been following the Timbers closely since the early 80s and saw them play over in Portland in 1986. My friend was from Portland and she ran the supporters club and sold merch back in the day. They didn't have that many fans back then, brilliant to see the huge support now. Their coach back then was from Glasgow too.

Seen the Green White tops and feared the worse. Turned the sound on and lo and behold.
Brilliant

I know I am going to be jumped on for bringing a negative to what is a positive thread and I applaud it. But but but it just highlights the fact this guy loves The Rangers and follow follow but doesn't want to sing FTP and the Vatican. That is why we need to reclaim our anthem. Follow follow we will follow Rangers

The Timbers Army supporters club was originally known as the Cascade Rangers. I want to a couple of Portland games pre-MLS days - they always got a decent crowd and there was decent atmosphere at the Irish pub opposite the crowd.

My MLS team!

Great city and club. The North American clubs can feel extremely contrived and their ultras scene tries too hard but Portland is one of the few North American cities to “get” fitba.

I know I am going to be jumped on for bringing a negative to what is a positive thread and I applaud it. But but but it just highlights the fact this guy loves The Rangers and follow follow but doesn't want to sing FTP and the Vatican. That is why we need to reclaim our anthem. Follow follow we will follow Rangers

Agree 100%

Having to whisper a section of our anthem because singing those words in most foreign countries will likely see you(and our club by association) judged negatively for religious chants as opposed to positively for your love of your team.

Someone from the club needs to step up before the start of the season and highlight the standards that are expected of us because far too many of us have mistranslated them.

Jonah Hill loyal.
giphy.gif

Agree 100%

Having to whisper a section of our anthem because singing those words in most foreign countries will likely see you(and our club by association) judged negatively for religious chants as opposed to positively for your love of your team.

Someone from the club needs to step up before the start of the season and highlight the standards that are expected of us because far too many of us have mistranslated them.
I have been advised they are to address it. Sooner than later hopefully

Back