Managers signings so far have impressed.

Agree. New signings have shown up well. Need to hope we can get a few more in yet.

The centre half’s and Flanagan look good but I don’t feel they have been really tested yet. I’d hang fire on my judgement just now. McGregor is now a total no brainer of a signing and ejaria might be a great addition.

Gerrards signings are a step up from last seasons personnel. The defence in particular looks very good.

New signing have done well but the legacy players will need to up their game or they will be surplus too

Morelos today was shocking. He just doesn’t look the same player and he will need to get the finger out or he will not get any move

We are into next stage and buys us another 8 days to gel the team

Hope Sadiq and Coulibaly get clearance and can add to the starting 11

I thought Big Ovie caused a different kind of problem we he came on, first touch was a stunning through ball. Cool as a cucumber on the ball as well.

Liked the look of everyone but Ejaria hasn't convinced me. Looks too much of a show pony for my liking - another Oduwa type. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Don't agree with that comparison in the slightest. Oduwa was all pace and flair with little else. Ejaria came on and right away created a great chance that should have at least challenged the keeper more, looks far more composed in possession of the ball and knows what he wants to do with it

That's the main positive for me.

Gerrard can't be blamed for Morelos or windass missing headers from a few yards out
He can and will if he keeps playing them. Reckon these two will be away by the end of August.

I didn’t see much of the game earlier but Ejaria impressed me when he came on last week and I’m glad to hear he looked pretty good tonight as well.

Goldson looks the pick of the bunch for me so far, an absolute class above what we’ve had in that department for a good few years now.

Don't agree with that comparison in the slightest. Oduwa was all pace and flair with little else. Ejaria came on and right away created a great chance that should have at least challenged the keeper more, looks far more composed in possession of the ball and knows what he wants to do with it
I think he looks a cut above. Still young and raw but definitely a player. Has obviously been taught well he is direct and dangerous. Will be a big player for us this season.

Signings looking good so far but it's early days.

Looking forward to seeing Sadiq and Coulibaly.

We're terribly short up front as we just can't count on Morelos to get the goals we need to win the league. Hopefully Sadiq and / or A. N.Other can get them.

I’d say in particular Ejaria looked good despite the lack of time. As for Shagger, we know what we get and he’s been good.
Really looking forward to seeing more of Ejaria as time progresses. Players with the ability to create things are at a premium in Scottish football.

A lot of grumbling in the bar I watched but it was aimed mainly at the two who had repeated chances but either lacked composure, basic skill or just weren’t good enough to take them. I reckon the manager won’t suffer it for as long as we have.

Overall though I’m happy the quality of the squad is definitely upgraded on last year.

Things look to have improved thankfully & will hopefully improve further still.

I still don’t think the squad looks like a league winning squad though. Coulibaly & Sadiq might be game changers, who knows - let’s hope Sadiq is the difference up front as Morelos, Windass & Murphy were absolutely terrible yesterday

He can and will if he keeps playing them. Reckon these two will be away by the end of August.
The problem is the defense was the obvious weak spot last year and needed to be sorted as a priority. This seems well on the way to being addressed, but time will tell. The attack, however, had scored plenty of goals, but this season isn't firing yet at all. Good goalscorers or creative playmakers don't come cheap either, every team is looking for them.

Let’s not go needlessly overboard.

We haven’t been tested as a defensive unit. The keeper has had one save to make. Our overall performances in 2 games have been below average.

And anyone describing those Flanagan and Arfield performances as ‘impressive’ have serious issues.

Things look to have improved thankfully & will hopefully improve further still.

I still don’t think the squad looks like a league winning squad though. Coulibaly & Sadiq might be game changers, who knows - let’s hope Sadiq is the difference up front as Morelos, Windass & Murphy were absolutely terrible yesterday

Remember we have Sadiq & Coulibaly to add to that plus hopefully another 4 additional signings / loan deals mate. Still plenty of scope to get to that level imo

The ones who have played so far look a definite upgrade on what we had last season, hopefully the others who are yet to play will prove to be the same. We still need another couple in who are also better than what we have though.

Gerrard's signings have been fine. It's the previous lot that is the concern. Last nights 6 in front of the defence were unsurprisingly poor again. Our dreadful middle to front play should not have come as a shock.

I will only be content when the only players I see in the first team from last years lot are Tav and Rossiter.

Sound like a broken record, but I've said many times that we needed a virtually whole new starting 11. Tav and Rossiter would be my exceptions.

Gerrard's signings have been fine. It's the previous lot that is the concern. Last nights 6 in front of the defence were unsurprisingly poor again. Our dreadful middle to front play should not have come as a shock.

I will only be content when the only players I see in the first team from last years lot are Tav and Rossiter.

Sound like a broken record, but I've said many times that we needed a virtually whole new starting 11. Tav and Rossiter would be my exceptions.
I can pick holes in Tav's overall performances also.

Of the ones we've seen, they have to be classed as an improvement.

However, there's still too many of last years dross stinking out the starting 11.

That would be my preference.

Tav definitely has quality but he's also fragile and weak at times.
I agree mate. Still room for improvement for Tav. But I'd stick with him. The only one I'd stick with from last season - and when Rossiter gets fit he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Flanagan doing 'fine', but is awkward at left back and doesn't give us much of an attacking threat. And when he does it's a cut in, instead of a natural left footer moving forward with the ball. He'd be great at RB.

I agree mate. Still room for improvement for Tav. But I'd stick with him. The only one I'd stick with from last season - and when Rossiter gets fit he has to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

Flanagan doing 'fine', but is awkward at left back and doesn't give us much of an attacking threat. And when he does it's a cut in, instead of a natural left footer moving forward with the ball. He'd be great at RB.
Flanagan will be fine once he gets used to his surroundings I reckon. You can tell he's an absolute pro.

I expect him to take on big role.

Flanagan will be fine once he gets used to his surroundings I reckon. You can tell he's an absolute pro.

I expect him to take on big role.
Flanagan I am happy with - but we just know that we are not utilising his full potential and are not getting the best out of him. He is a right back and would be even better there. Quality player.

Doing very well at left back, but would be brilliant at right back.

Back